Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Gilroy at Altun Ha Mayan Ruins did an amazing job! I loved the history, personal stories and he took photos for us as we climbed the ruins. We just did the ruins on our own and not part of a tour and Gilroy took great care of us and made it a fun adventure! Highly recommend him!!Written November 10, 2022
- This was something I never thought I would do but am glad I did it. The tour guide was absolutely amazing - calm, patient, and considerate. He was a good speaker and we all had an excellent time.Written May 2, 2022
- Be sure to stop and do these 2 hikes. The first is a challenging “straight up” hike to a valley lookout. This hike is steep and challenging so you will earn your waterfall swim afterward. Then go to the waterfall for a quick chilly swim – so refreshing after the lookout hike. The rangers are super friendly and helpful.Written February 24, 2021
- Most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen! I went in the Hol Chan area off of Ambergris Caye but I highly recommend snorkeling the reef area.Written March 2, 2020
- The spot we went to snorkel, off the island, was very choppy and we didn't see as many fish/coral as we have other places. It could've just been the day.
The manmade island is pretty, but the swimming and snorkeling on the island is not ideal. The water is chest deep and not clear. The food is ok and the bathrooms smell.
You can see many starfish and collect lots of shells as you walk around! They have a full bar and serve coconut water as they collect them from the palms. The boat ride back to our ship made this trip! Between the drinks, entertaining staff, music and dancing, we had a good time.Written August 8, 2018
- The children will like it because it's more of a pool than anything. Good music and relaxing area. The slides need to be resurface cause they cut you a little.Written August 6, 2019
- We came upon this park when walking from the Belize letter sign and the lighthouse towards the Museum of Belize.
It's a small park with a red marble obelisk dedicated to WWI victims. Like most things here, nothing to write home about.Written March 3, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Belize City
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Belize City:
- Lamanai Temples, River Cruise, Bird Watching and Monkeys from Belize City
- Full-Day Exploration, Mayan Temple, Belize Cave Tubing and Zip Line
- Coral Garden Shark and Sting Ray Alley Snorkeling
- Lamanai and the New River Safari in Belize
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley Snorkeling Tour
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Belize City:
- Altun Ha & The Olde Belize River
- Nohoch Che'en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve
- Billy Barquiedier National Park