Reefs • Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in San Pedro
What travelers are saying
- Wow! Exceeded my expectations. I did a scuba dive here (discovery dive) and went snorkeling here. Saw large sea turtles, nurse sharks, a moray eel, barracuda, and multiple colored fish of many kinds. The coral and plant life was beautiful. It was like being in another world!Written August 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped by during our visit in San Pedro. Really incredible selection of gorgeous paintings and art from local artists. Only note is that it’s definitely a little pricey and although they do offer roll up of all canvas purchases for travel as two people who aren’t super familiar with the canvas re-stretch process that felt a little intimidating in terms of actually purchasing anything. Wish they had some shipping options!Written August 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a lovely gallery to visit. So many unique and unusual things to see. Very tempting to spend lots of $$$ here. Quality is excellent. Owners are very friendly and welcoming.Written March 5, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Dress correctly for the bugs. If you don't you won't stay long enough to enjoy the site. Hopefully they'll get funding again soon.Written February 16, 2020
- I have known Melody for several years and won't detail how fun she is here; don't take my biased word for it but I'm sure you will agree if you meet her :) :) :) Melody's staff are amazing and that's what I'll talk about here because I met them for the first time on my recent visit. There are two locations - a gallery toward the middle/south end of "Front" street, and a studio toward the north end of "Front" street right across from Sunbreeze Suites. I ordered a painting and requested pickup; it was ready for me and the transaction was fast and easy. Toward the end of my trip, I remembered that I had promised to bring back some bookmarks for a friend so I ordered them via Facebook Messenger from Melody's staff, paid via PayPal, and they had a staff member run them up the street from the gallery to the studio so I didn't even have to walk down the block when I was short on time. Everyone on the island is doing an exceptional job of being careful about COVID-19, and Melody's staff is no exception. Masks, sanitizer, and social distancing are all in play in the gallery and the studio, and they even have handmade masks and mask-tethers that you can buy to look fashionable while you stay safe. Please know that I am telling the unvarnished truth even though I know the owner: this place will give you some gorgeous items to bring home from La Isla Bonita for all your friends and family. And best of all, you will be supporting local Belizean artists and their families when you purchase items from this company.Written December 6, 2020
- Dance with the drums and eat all of the food! Miss Julia is the most perfect host! I did not know that tamales could be made with plantain! Delicious...Written May 17, 2022
- We walked by the place at night and it was locked up like Fort Knox with metal hurricane shutters, so I guess I was expecting something more. Some tropical wear, limited selection of mens, women's (geared to the 20's crowd), children's clothing and small kitchen appliances. Some Aeropostale t-shirts from several seasons ago. Did not shop upstairs. Worth a stop if you forgot something at home, but I wouldn't go out of my way to shop here.Written March 24, 2015
- This really was a dream tour for both the novice and the experienced! Yes it’s a bit pricier than some of the competitors but you get what you pay for. Comfortable seats, all you can drink alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, yummy lunch and ceviche snack, photos and videos of our snorkeling and lovely crew. We saw all the classics and felt like we had enough time to check out Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Shark Ray Alley and walk around Caye Caulker to see seahorses and relax in hammocks and by an in the water bar. One thing to note is that although it’s definitely family friendly maybe not good for young kids or teens because it’s more of a party/fun vibe that might make more conservative parents uncomfortable.
Also worth noting my partner doesn’t drink and didn’t feel like she was paying for everyone else to drink like sometimes is the case with all-inclusive. Also lots of support for non-swimmers or fearful snorkelers and opportunities to see many sharks, tons of sea turtles, sting rays and more!
Overall, we both had a fun, relaxing time and had lots of great wildlife encounters!Written August 14, 2022
- This food tour was awesome! Melva was a fantastic host and we went to some really local places. I especially enjoyed the cigar bar with the rum cream, not being a smoker it’s not someplace I would’ve gone into myself but they had a lot of other fun things to try and look at. I accidentally booked the wrong date for our tour and there were six of us so we exponentially increased the amount on that particular tour and they were super gracious and made it work for us. Great day, definitely worth the money just from the food and drinks alone. You definitely won’t go hungry. The extra education and insight into Belize culture was definitely an extra bonus! Highly recommend! Thank you Melva!Written August 15, 2022
- Tuff E Nuff was the best choice for our mainland excursions. The day started very early (pickup at 5:45 am), but it was totally worth it. Breeze picked us up and we got breakfast in San Pedro, then boarded our hopper flight. Mr Milton met us in Belize City and was our driver and expert guide the rest of the day. Our day consisted of Altun Ha, Horseback Riding, and ATV ridingl. We were supposed to do Cave Tubing instead of ATVs, but it rained the day before so the caves were flooded. They let us know ahead of time, so we weren't surprised on that day.
Y'all, the stew chicken and rice lunch (from Karen) was SO good. Each of us ate just about every bite of food in those plates - shoutout to you Karen! We had stew chicken a few times during our time in Belize (it's the national dish), but this definitely was the TOP.
Tuff E Nuff was the best choice for us. We had such a great time with all of the teammates we came in contact with that day, each of the activity operators were really friendly and so patient with us. To name all the people I can remember: Breeze, Milton, Henry and Wilson. Thank you gentlemen for the fun day!Written August 16, 2022
- 3 kids (12+13) went through the school. Was a lot of fun and the team were cool. Belize and San Pedro especially in my view is a great place to start your diving.Written August 11, 2022
- My boyfriend and I did the all day snorkeling and booze cruise last week on our trip to Belize and it was amazing! The day started a bit slow, but by the time we were out snorkeling we were blown away by everything we saw and the knowledge of the crew. They were so helpful every step of the way and we saw everything from sharks to eels, schools of fish, sting rays and so much more. The on-boat lunch was really good and the booze really was unlimited! We played music the whole day and the crew was really attentive and helpful. Thanks for such a highlight of our trip!!Written June 19, 2021
- Fabulous! We especially liked that we could book for just the three of us. We had such a good time on our original snorkel tour that we booked two more tours while we were there (one more snorkel and one dive tour). Maryann in the office is so accommodating, and the captains and guides were all great. Highly recommend!Written July 4, 2022
- I just got SSI open water certified at Seastar/Elite with Chino and it was an absolutely amazing experience. I did the online class ahead and then arrived here and Chino showed me everything I needed to know to dive safely. He was so calm and thorough, he really put me at ease when I was figuring out how it all works for the very first time. There is shallow clear calm water 2 min from the dock, that's where you practice, it was like a giant pool! And then you just go another 2 min to the reef for your open water dives! It was an incredible experience. They were also so flexible with my schedule.
And then! We went to Hol Chan for our last dive! MUST DO. The captain and dive master were so great, they took us to Shark Alley to snorkel with soooo many nurse sharks! and then we dove at Hol Chan. Sea turtles, flounder, eagle rays, eels, shrimp, crazy beautiful fish. It was an amaaaazing dive. Highly recommend!!
Can't wait to come back, thank you Chino and the whole team at Elite!Written May 20, 2022
- If I could give a six out of five I would. Erick's tours are tough to put into words. He is passionate, educational, kind, flexible and very fair. Our day trip will be a galvanizing memory. If you book elsewhere you are a fool. Erick is a master diver who has made the local waters his passion. He knows where the fish are and is a manatee guru. Any future tour that inovolves the waters around A.C. will be booked with Erick, no question. He is ahead of the curve in his business.Written August 13, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Pedro
- The best outdoor activities in San Pedro according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in San Pedro on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from San Pedro according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Hol Chan Full-Day Bucket List Snorkeling and Marine Life Tour
- Cave Tubing and Zipline Adventure (Boat Transfer)
- Private Full-Day Reef Fishing Tour with Snorkeling and Beach BBQ
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve Snorkel and Caye Caulker Tour 40' Sirena Azul Sailboat
- Triple Activity Limo Tour -- Xunantunich Ruins, Cave Tubing & Zip Lining