Points of Interest & Landmarks • Castles
Things to Do in Antonito
Things to Do in Antonito, CO - Antonito Attractions
Things to Do in Antonito
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
7 places sorted by traveler favorites
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours • Ski & Snow Tours
What travelers are saying
- This place is wild! Built of whatever he could find over the years. If you are in town it is worth seeing. An experience.Written August 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a wonderful train ride, but the side you sit on does matter when it comes to views. If traveling from Chama to Antonito, you want to sit on the right side. If traveling from Antonito to Chama, you want to be on the left side. I say this because a fair portion of the trip cuts along mountain sides and if you’re not on the “correct side” you’ll be looking at the mountain side. If you’re on the “wrong side” you can turn your chair around so you can face across the passenger car to look out, but it’s not the same as being on the side with the good view. My wife and I traveled in the Parlor Car which was great, but it is quite pricey. One note on this, if you do travel on the Parlor Car, there are 20 seats. You do not want to sit in seats 1 & 2, and 19 & 20, especially 1 & 20. These seats put you right next to the back door and people will be constantly opening the rear door to go out and stand on the rear platform, and they will be banging into you with the door pretty much each time they go out. We sat in seats 3 & 4 while traveling from Antonito to Chama and it was great. Basically, try to avoid any seats right next to a door no matter what car you ride on. One final note, while this is a very nice and scenic train ride, especially in the fall with all the colors, if you have to choose between this train ride and the Durango Silverton train ride, I’d go with the Durango Silverton. The Durango Silverton ride, while shorter, is more dramatic as you travel through the forest and along a very sheer mountain face looking down at the river gorge.Written November 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Very best way to experience the mountains. It was an amazing ride. I am so eager to share information so that others can go and see how beautiful it is out there. Cumbres Adventure Tours are the guides you want to take your family on a great adventure.
The equipment is top- notch, the guides are fun, informative and protective.
It was comfortable knowing the equipment is in excellent condition and the guides know where the dangers are. rocks, creeks, fence posts. They are wonderful guides.
The trail and distance is like nothing you'll ever experience any other way.
Get out there before the snow melts.Written February 8, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The scenic beauty of the Cumbres Pass is rich with fall colors with a hint of isolation that could tempt even the most reticent traveler. You could imagine the 1800's families viewing the area with awe at the stark, but beautiful vista.Written October 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was a fantastic outing I did with my 2 boys (11 & 13). We rode up the mountain about 3-4 hours. The scenery was beautiful and had exciting trees and snow to go over.Written June 20, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Antonito
- The top attractions to visit in Antonito are:
- Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
- Cano's Castle
- Cumbres Adventure Tours
- Cumbres Pass
- Conejos Canyon Outfitters
Antonito Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 11:09 PM|