- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
17 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This place is absolutely amazing. If you visit Tulsa spend some time here. There is something for everyone. You can walk all around the parks and view all kinds of flora. We saw so many butterflies in one of the areas. There are so many places to have a picnic, or, watch the sunset over the Arkansas River. Great for individuals, couples and families.Written September 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was the best part of our trip! We loved kayaking. It was challenging but fun. The water was low so we got stuck a lot but that obviously wasn’t their fault. They were waiting on us when we finished.Written September 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great experience! Incredibly nice folks. Very helpful and organized. They acted like they were happy we were there. Our new place to kayak!!!Written June 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My kids loved the jet skis. I think this was their most favorite part of our vacation. The staff is amazing, very courteous with every customer. We will definitely be back. Such fun!!!Written August 14, 2022
- Great experience. The river is peaceful and beautiful. Great family activity. The life jackets are moldy and stinky. Adults do not have to wear the life jacket, but must have them in the boat therefore it was not much of an issue. Thankfully we brought our own life jacket for our 7 year old child, since children must wear life jacket. The beginning of the float is mildly fast, however the rest of the river is very calm and slow moving.The company is very busy especially on the weekends and does a good job moving quickly. Much less busy during the week.Written August 19, 2022
- We've used Tippa Canoe the last 3 years we've come to Broken Bow for our annual "big family" weekend trip. Always a pleasure to rent from the owners. Super nice people, great prices and nice equipment. We just show up - they bus us to our location, put our kayaks in the water and then take them out for us when we get to the end. Looking forward to next year!Written August 10, 2020
- I've been coming here for years with scouts and, after a few years, came back this past weekend with a group of friends, and we had a blast. The staff is great, and their location is convenient for when you finish kayaking to be able to walk straight to your car. I would highly recommend them to anyone!Written August 15, 2022
- Our party of 6, 3 couples, were received kindly on a Wednesday morning around 9am as walk ins. We were greeted by a friendly, talkative gal and the proprietor Ken who were very helpful with info on our dilemma of kayaks vs canoes. We all had floated in canoes on, as we discovered later, the much calmer Illinois River and were hesitant to rent the $50 double kayaks as BBWW no longer offered canoes for rent. After calling around, we discovered none of the local rental companies provided canoes any longer as the river caused too much damage to them. This only added to our apprehension of floating and first time on kayaks. But Ken spent a lot of time showing us the kayaks and their features, explaining the aspects of the river float, it's rapids and offered a $5 discount per rental. Since we had come specifically to check out the Lower Mountain Fork River, we decided to go for it.
The facility offers clean restrooms and showers and their equipment was in good repair. We were loaded into a van with the kayak trailer in tow and driven up river for about 15 minutes to the spillway of Broken Bow Lake that was dumping water into the river. Loading into the kayaks was easily accomplished in a quiet still area after we had bungeed our small ice chests on the back and used the provided life vests for seat cushions.
After that the fun began! I have to admit, this river trip is not for the faint of heart and could possibly even be dangerous with small children. The river was very swift making it, at times, difficult to maneuver around the large boulders and of course the highlight 3 foot waterfall! We dumped several times the first half of the trip, but afterwards was calm and smooth. Just a warning, everything WILL get wet and most likely dumped out and floated down river...so come prepared and definitely wear water shoes!
All in all, this company provided all we needed for the trip and the discount was appreciated. The river trip was a great experience!Written July 20, 2016
- What a great trip! We visited on a busy Saturday in June and had a bit of a wait to get checked in - which is to be expected. They offer a military discount!! Whoop! Love that! Lots of parking and an easy walk to pick up tubes and head to the river. The float was very relaxing - about 1-1/2 hours. At the end, get out was easy and it wasn’t a very long wait to be picked up and shuttled back to our car. Very nice folks!Written July 24, 2021
- This was our second time floating the Illinois River. Took our dog Willow for the first time. The campground was great! Easy access to the river too! Bathrooms are nice and air conditioned. Store has a lot to offer and the help is really nice. We’ll be back!Written August 18, 2019
- Excellent staff! Very friendly helpful and knowledgeable. Took care of all of our needs. Will definitely be going back.Written July 7, 2021
- Kayaked the upper portion of the river. It is definitely more challenging than the lower Fork. We had a great time. It was a short ride to the location for the drop off, and they were waiting when we arrived at the pull out. Definitely need good river shoes. The cheap, soft bottom shoes aren't the best for this portion of the river. Loved every minute.Written July 6, 2017
- We kayaked the 4 mile section of the Mt. Fork river and had a great time. The kayaks the sit-on-top type and were surprisingly comfortable on your back. All of them had GoPro mounts stuck to the front of them already, which was nice. The kayaks tracked pretty well and were easy to maneuver. There was an area on the back of the kayak that you could attach a dry bag or cooler to, but make sure you bring your own bungee cord for it. We brought our own life jackets and were glad we did because the ones they had were the basic orange ones that go around your neck. Also, it is $10 to rent a life jacket.
This was our first time ever attempting to kayak a river and there were more rapids than we expected but it was exciting. There were a couple of sketchy rapid areas that we saw people getting out and walking past but we attempted it anyway. The waterfall was fun! The river was scenic and we enjoyed kayaking past the rocks and the cypress trees.
You park at the office and they take you in a van and drop you off at the river. Then you kayak down the river and end at the office/your vehicle. So you weren't sitting there at the end waiting for someone to come pick you up, you just get out and are on your way.
FYI: They only have a port-a-potty here, so if that freaks you out, use the bathroom before you get there. It was fairly clean, though.Written July 10, 2019
- The price was right, friendly staff, river was beautiful. With 2 young children, realized 9 mi was too long. Pulled out @ Sparrow Head as instructed, called, waited 45 mins for pickup. Since no one came, 2nd call place, young lady was upset we hadn’t been picked up, called her father. Picked up approx 10 mins later. Staff person driving open air bus, played music seriously too loud, w/1 song having explicit lyrics for kids. He did turn it over. From time he arrived to drop off, it was obvious he was upset, but still polite. Felt like we were being punished. Still, I would recommend as we did have much fun. One suggestion, put mile markers along river.
7-13-22Written July 13, 2022
- S TTampa, FL32 contributionsOur group had a great time touring Standing Rock and Elk Creek. The tour guide is the owner of the business and is very fun and cares about everyone having fun. We paddled at our pace and stopped several times to take in the sites. We will be back!Written June 25, 2015