Historic Sites • Observation Decks & Towers
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
47 places sorted by traveler favorites
Historic Sites • Monuments & Statues
Military Museums • Monuments & Statues
Tower City District
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travelers are saying
- Loved learning about all the history and what this monument represents. It’s an amazing structure, free to visit, and doesn’t take much time. Check it out.Written August 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On this we didn’t get to actually tour the ship, we were in a rush but had to do a quick stop to see the sub! It’s in wonderful condition on lake eerie full of history. It’s great for families, kids of all ages, couples, etc.. I would definitely make this a more prioritized stop next time I’m there!Written September 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Sometimes you see and hear about a people who lived before written history and it makes you wonder how they created simple, but advanced "structures"! We walked through the small museum and watched a video explaining about the Hopewell Indian culture. This is located at this site... of one of the local Indian earthworks.Written August 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Casual stop through. Found it while riding around. It's a nice spot to hang out and sight see a little bit. Doesn't offer much, but the nature scenery is pleasant.Written August 16, 2022
- If you like creative spaces & architecture this is a must while in Cleveland! To see a grocery store space in an old bank is great even though I'm sure it wasn't appreciated when it first converted.Written August 25, 2022
- This is a resting place above all others I am thankful they have created a special place to honor those who have served.Written July 2, 2019
- In the middle of Cleveland's premier square is an ornate monument to those from Cleveland and Ohio who fought in the Civil War. While we did not get to go inside, the exterior is a work of art in its statues depicting the time task that soldiers and sailors performed in the Civil War which tore apart our country.Written July 14, 2022
- Well cared for and beautiful memorial to those fallen since 9/11. The eternal flame is a nice touch.Written October 20, 2021
- This was a very nice monument to visit, while stopping for the night in Lima. Seemed so appropiate on Flag Day!Written June 29, 2020
- Quiet and serene spot that leads into a beautiful small hike that has some pretty falls with Bridge Park just across the way.Written May 25, 2021
- We first went to the memorial location. This was a cute little park and it provided a bike trail that you could use to travel to the battlefield, a short distance down the road.
The battlefield had a great walking trail with many information boards to read. I was disappointed that the visitor center was not open, but they had left the stamp outside
and the bathrooms were open - some redemption earned.
It was an informative stop and easy parking - don't miss it if you are in town.Written August 15, 2022
- I feel like this is the first thing you need to see when you get to Point Pleasant. It’s such an iconic statue of events that took place in this town. I went during the week so there wasn’t a line for pictures. It’s located by a nice garden too and next to the Mothman Museum, which is also a must see!Written August 30, 2022
- one of the best benefits of my military service is the availability of both myself and my wife being laid to rest in this beautiful memorial park. On my weekly visit to my late wife's grave, I am always impressed with how well the cemetery is maintained and how hard the grounds crew works to keep it that way. I have visited her weekly for the past 3 years and it is always worth the visit.Written February 25, 2021
- This is a place that you must visit. It salutes all the branches of the military and gives you statues to see. Just sit and enjoy and reflect upon people who you knew.Written August 29, 2021
- We were on a road trip and stopped here and at the Arnold Schwarzenegger statue to break up the time. There was some street parking available in front of the gavel when we visited. We snapped a few photos and enjoyed the water sounds for a few. Not a must see, but why not if you're close by?? It's free!Written August 20, 2022