Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Maryland
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We went on a Monday morning, arrived around 10; (not a holiday or no school);
You can get Maryland morning discount- arrive before noon and get $10 off adult admission and $5 off of kids; you buy your ticket at the ticket window, not online; there was no wait in line to buy tickets, we just walked right up.
Then you go around and into main entrance and they did not check my small backpack. We did bring small snacks; and water bottles, no problem.
The aquarium was not that busy around 10, but it got very crowded with school groups around 10:30; luckily we were already through etc.
there is a nice area near the jellyfish to eat.
The prices of their food was pretty typical of a museum.
We spent about 2.5 hours ; so it was a great time but it definitely is expensive. I saw lots of toddlers having meltdowns because of all the walking and it’s not really very interactive for kids to touch things except in the very beginning. They do have some computers and things for kids to play with. But the much smaller kids looked like they were getting a little tired of looking at glass windows.
We did not do the movies.
We used spot hero and found parking for 4 hours for $12. Cheaper than the $18 discount the aquarium says they have.
All in all a good time but it is expensive and probably don’t need to go back for a while.
Enjoy!Written January 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Best baseball game ever. I went with my friends and the opposing team gave me gum because we made their bullpen laugh. The Orioles unfortunately lost and I spent a lot of money on merchandise because I decided that the Orioles are my favorite team for know reason. LET'S GO O'S.Written October 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took the tour instead of walking around on our own and I'm so glad we did. Our tour guide had all kinds of fun stories to tell. Highly Recommend!~Written January 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We love Ocean City.We try to go there every time we visit Delaware since it's right down the street. We love Fischers popcorn on the boardwalk and the french fries. We are recognized in some of the shops when we go in and that makes me feel so good.I recommend Ocean City to everyone.It's a fun place to visit, I played Putt Putt the last time we were there.Written December 15, 2022
- The scenery is beautiful and the exhibits are top notch. The staff is outstanding and the atmosphere is very patriotic.Written January 23, 2023
- This was the first Boardwalk I ever visited and to me will always be the best. Lots of food places in season and little shops overlooking a gorgeous beach. Always fun to take a stroll off season and dart in the shops to warm up and talk toff the employees.Written December 27, 2022
- I had a really good time. Overall, the area is nice with lots of shops and restaurants. Very touristy. Along with the good and bad that comes with such an area. I went during the 4th of July holiday, and the area was way more empty then normal....so that was a "plus" in my book. I'm sue I would've liked it less if it was overcrowded. I would go back, if friends wanted to, otherwise I've been there, and once is fine with me.Written December 15, 2022
- Great experience, we booked 2 times. We made reservations to camp on the sand side when the reservations opened - about 6 months in advance. The first time, we went in late Sept., the second time Labor Day.
Both were great. Weather was perfect and the water swimmable.
I'm sure you can't time it, but it was VERY windy over Labor Day weekend, despite sand stakes for the tent.
Yes, we saw horses both times & they're beautiful and fun to see.
We also drove around and enjoyed the bay side.
You can't pin point a certain camp site due to the every changing sands due to wind. The first time there, we thought we had a great campsite, but we walked and made note of all our other choices if ours wasn't going to be available the following year. It wasn't available and when we walked to see it, the landscape completely changed. It was literally not the same with the way the sand was blowing it. So we picked another site and was happy enough with the landscape of it, however, the winds brought the smell of the outhouses on occasion.
Bathrooms are clean enough for me, a germaphobe, and the showers were nice and spacious with hooks.
Short walk to the beach. We didn't have bitting fly issues late in Sept, but it was unbearable over Labor Day while in a beach tent, where the air was stagnant. Anytime we were in the open air, the wind blew enough to keep the bitting flies away.Written January 27, 2023
- Came down early before the crowds, it was peaceful and nice to see this way. Enjoyed watching some the of local walkers wave to the mayor statue. Had my pre-teen kids with me the last time I was here and they really enjoyed it, so it was also a bit of a walk down memory lane for me too. The old ships, submarine, and aquarium top the list. Lots of places to eat and hang out at too.
Great place to walk around. There's lots to do and see, even if you have kids with you.Written December 31, 2022
- The Walters is wonderful. I brought my grandkids here for an art scavenger hunt and they had a great time. The staff is friendly and the collection well curated.Written January 21, 2023
- Antietam - the bloodiest single day in American history
A little business trip to Baltimore which is only about an hours drive to Antietam National Battlefield. I thought visiting here might be about a half day but I found myself here the entire day.
It’s a beautiful, serene and fascinating place if you’re a history lover.
A pall of quiet sadness is what I felt here.
Well worth the trip.Written January 2, 2023
- This was our first time visiting Sagamore Spirits Distillery. We took the hour tour and whisky tasting. Both were fantastic!
The buildings where the distillery was were great. The tour guide and everyone there were very nice. They had a great gift shop with many bottles of their whisky as well as other things.
I purchased a few bottles of whiskey and they even packed the bottles in a box for shipping within the state.
Thanks all for a great day!
StuartWritten January 22, 2023
- My husband and I had a great time at this museum. The art and exhibits are very creative to say the least! There are several cool and interesting sculptures outside as well as inside. If you’re familiar with Odyssey of the Mind you’ll appreciate the many artists who used all kinds of discarded items to create something interesting and unique.
We loved reading the bios of each artist too. There’s a cool treehouse outside, a ‘nest’ on the top outside balcony, a huge pez dispenser collection, and many other paintings, statues, and even an entire exhibit on farts, which would make any middle-schooler proud.
The gift shop is a must-see too, as it’s packed full of quirky and fun items.Written December 11, 2022
- This place is better now it's clean and better security.. It looks awesome outside fun and new and old games go gave fun...win bigWritten January 16, 2023
- We had a blast! Amos was our safety guy and all around assistant. Great guy. This is a really fun group activity. Dress for the temps!Written November 15, 2022
Maryland Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 5:59 AM|