- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- We stayed at the Golden Nugget twice within the last month. Both times for concerts one there, and one in Baton Rouge (long drive but it was the weekend of the LSU game).
Rooms are nice, very clean, not luxurious but comfortable and tasteful. We stayed two nights this last time with one night comped. My complaints- service and food related. One late night option, the Claim Jumper Grill had the worst pizza and club sandwich imaginable. Another night, Lillie’s served me lukewarm won ton soup. And why they don’t have another option for tea/coffee besides Starbucks I’ll never know. I had to wait in a loooong line twice on a Saturday morning. We also bought chocolates and two macarons and I had to throw my macarons away. I swear they were old. And stale. Lastly, I asked a lady who looked as if she was a supervisor of some kind where the cashier was in the casino. I had walked to the 24 Select desk by mistake, and when I was looking around she walked by. When I politely asked she never broke stride and sort of halfway pointed. I said I’m sorry where is it? And again as she was still walking away pointed vaguely. Wow. I didn’t realize it was such an imposition to ask a question. Fertitta, I think you can do better than this.Written October 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loved the experience! Very "vacationy" feel to the place. Room is attractive...nice artwork on the walls (always notice that)....lobby is also very pretty. Casino is beautiful....steakhouse was great (wonderful salad) palm trees all around...didn't get much time there, but pool area is quite pretty, too. Ate breakfast...food was great! Everyone was very nice.
Now...the reasons I did not give the resort 5 stars (or circles): No Jimmy Buffet music! My husband said he heard some at the craps table, but I didn't hear any the whole time! I thought at least I would hear it in the elevator, but no...Also, bubble craps malfunctioned while I was using it and did NOT add up about 3 wins!!!! Luckily, I wasn't betting much money, but still....
However, I would go again! It was fun.Written September 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were staying at a nearby hotel and decided to check out Louisiana Downs. It was a great way to spend the afternoon. One, no admission. Two, it was air conditioned. There were 7 races and between 6-9 horses in each race which made it easy to identify the horses all the way around the track.
The betting window staff were helpful and friendly.Written July 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The room as great, they had the games I wanted to play, drink service was good.food there was real good even at the sandwich shop.Written July 30, 2022
- We went for a golf tournament and enjoyed our stay. Although exhausting and didn’t do much, we still enjoyed what we did. Staying at Seven Clans and walking to the casino was easy. I like that the the elevators have hand sanitizer stations in them. Only complaint I have is people are still allowed to smoke inside the casino. It’s stinks and wish it wasn’t allowed. We did enjoy walking around and going eat at the different restaurants except Gumbeaux’s. It wasn’t great and the lady checking us out was lacking personality. She seemed annoyed to be there. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and will be back.Written March 29, 2022
- My review is based on several factors: I was comped room 1902; visits to the other casinos; the ongoing pandemic/employment issues. Overall, this was a nice and relaxing stay. The room was decent and clean with only one minor annoying feature. The bathtub drain needs to be cleaned to allow water to quickly drain. Both casino and hotel staff were friendly and efficient. Mind you, our stay was Sunday through Monday evening. Which meant even a smaller crowd than on weekends. Game play was average. As a video poker player I’m always disappointed when I cannot find a 9/5 machine. But, you typically can get lower table minimums during a non-Friday/Saturday stay. Available restaurants during this time frame was limited, although the Burger Bar has excellent food with a good variety of menu items. It’s apparent that Bossier City/Shreveport are still struggling from the pandemic. I sincerely hope things improve and that The Horseshoe remains one of our preferred driving destinations.Written September 29, 2021
- nice atmosphere and good food. Beautiful view of the river. The only negative were the un-ironed napkins that made the table look trashy.Written June 17, 2022
- it is a small casino.... attached to the Race Track.... you can bet horses and casino,,,combines both.........Louisiana Downs and Harrah's casinoWritten May 19, 2021
- I was in town with 2 days to kill so I checked out the 3 local casinos (Belle, L'Auberge, and Hollywood). Hollywood was the most fun. It was the only casino in town that had a $5 craps table. It's a little run down, most of the slots are old and the craps table was in need of repadding but it was a comfortable place to gamble. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Just remember that it does not accept the players card you get in all of the other Hollywood casinos. If I ever return to Baton Rouge this is the place to gamble.Written August 16, 2018
- we do not go there to play as they do not have a poker room and that is what we play
they did have an excellent steakhouse, and we did go a couple of times, but are not going to drive 45 minutes just to eat out, there are closer places to get a nice steak.Written July 31, 2021
- I am not a casino person, I find most of them depressing. This one was more so than many. It looks long in the tooth and run down. I lost my bi-annual $20 in the slot machine very quickly and leftWritten March 5, 2020
- Room was clean and staff was friendly, very quiet for a Casino Hotel, nothing near to eat is only complaint but would stay againWritten October 10, 2019
- Been here a few times. Always very clean and nice people. Also they pay out enough to keep you playing. Even win sometimes. Dont waste your time at paragon, it's a joke.and filthy. This is about as clean as it can be.Written April 9, 2021
- It's ok, I do know that it's an old old track, a lot of outdated features, but hey the horses are running and it is what is for down south. LA DOWNS in Bossier City, LA much much much better track.Written June 21, 2022
- Both downtown casinos are cramped, but this one seems the most cramped. I do not like to sit at slots where the rows are so narrow that you are constantly beat on as people try to walk between the slots. Not pleasant.
Casino has deteriorated over the years. A major renovation would help. The majority of gamblers do not smoke, but this casino, like so many, are afraid to displease them and declare the floors smoke free. As a result we do not go as often nor stay as long. There are better alternatives where the air if at least exchanged more frequently.
The buffet, if one can call it that, is small with limited items to choose from. Food is so so, typical of casino buffet food now days. If you are going to charge full boat for a buffet you should at least provide food people can rave over.Written August 22, 2016