- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
6 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- First, you do need to reserve. By the way, if you want to pet the rays, here's a hint. Put your arm in the water and lightly tap the side with your fingers. Greatly increases your chance of getting their attention.Written August 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had to wait in line FOREVER to get entrance tickets (they definitely need more cashiers!) but the wait was worth it. Nicely laid out, there is a free tram which can save some walking. They have installed fabric statues and luminaries which were fantastic to see which makes up for the lack of animals. This was a worthwhile visit and kids there seemed to enjoy as well.Written May 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I’m struggling to determine how I feel about this place. We went there as a large family (8 adults and 9 kids). We got the group discount, which was awesome because I think I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price.
All in all, we had fun. The kids really enjoyed it. The kangaroo experience was a lot of fun for them.
Beyond that, there wasn’t a ton of animals. Some birds were a little interactive. Most were pretty chill.
Honestly, the place had major Tiger King vibes. I feel like 15+ years ago it was awesome, but it seems to be stuck there (which is not too different than the entire region in my opinion).
Would I go back? I don’t know. Maybe if I got a major discount and it wasn’t 95 degrees. But I also wouldn’t be sad if I never went again.Written August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our family thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Kentucky Reptile Zoo. The staff was kind and knowledgeable and there were very interesting reptile species.
It was a little tricky to find, but you need to make a left after you get off the main road... do not go straight towards the rest stop bathroom area.Written June 14, 2022
- At Maggie’s, all are welcome to enjoy good, clean fun; healthy competition; and a fresh appreciation for God’s creation! My husband and I love to play miniature golf and usually play a very close game, near par, and we love Maggie’s! In a day and area where families often have to tolerate alcohol consumption everywhere they seek to entertain their children, Maggie’s prohibits it, but serves a variety of treats to be enjoyed with no ill effects. The “Colossians 1:17 Marshall Strong” sign got our attention so that we had to search for it online: “He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together” (Aware of a school shooting at Marshall Co High winter before last, I’m sure this establishment played their part in ministering to the community.) During play, we also began to hear the lyrics of the high quality music playing over the speakers and again, our thoughts were directed higher. I think the aura of the place caused us to be better sports LOL; now that I recall our hour-plus spent there, I realize that the 25-30 playing along with us all seemed to have a great time. The deep shade certainly aided in lighter spirits, too! “Magic” fails in describing Maggie’s; Someone much greater is behind this entertainment destination!Written August 8, 2019
- Wildlife rescue (wolves and wolve-dogs) and other wildlife find refuge and care at Wolf Run. Knowledgeable volunteers and staff will ensure that you learn respect and love for the animals in their care. This is NOT a zoo. Animals, while protected, are secure within the sanctuary, yet you won't see them in cages. They receive healthcare as needed and food, but respect as wild animals and love are the key to the 40+ years success of the sanctuary. DONATIONS NEEDED and WELCOMED!Written November 25, 2019