Top Attractions in Connecticut
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This paved trail is a great place for a casual walk anytime of the day. Some great views of the river. Wouldn’t consider it a “hike”. Very flat. Lots of bikers, walkers and families with strollers. Well maintained. Many locations to park. Only recommendation would be I wish they had public restrooms at some of the parking lots.Written July 31, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a lovely campus! Take a stroll if you have a bit of time in the area, the buildings are absolutely beautiful!Written August 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful museum and house. I learned a lot of new information about Sam, his family, friends, and the time period overall. Highly recommended.Written September 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good pavement, nice scenery, fancy bridges, and unique signage. Worth taking instead of the interstate for a more local feel.Written June 16, 2022
- Gem! Great people and experience. The facilities and location are second to non, regarding environment and nature.Written November 3, 2018
- Through January 2023, there is an exhibit of a master sculptor's work from Nigeria (Bamigboye) that was fascinating to see. This exhibit showed a study of over 50 years of his work of the Yoruba tradition. It was a great selection to view in addition to seeing other Nigerian carvers' art forms.Written September 18, 2022
- Well worth going . Lots of information in an easy and interesting format. Not crowded huge building. The Indian village was amazingWritten June 1, 2022
- My husband and I have stopped here a few times and always have a great experience. The employees are all friendly and offer any help you might need. Seating is plentiful (they have a main tap room, a side tap room they're working on adding a separate bar to, and a gorgeous outside space). They offer a good variety of beer - not just sticking with a couple of the same. They offer wines as well and this past weekend they started selling a lime seltzer, so there's something for everyone. The place allows you to bring your own food, including ordering take out from local restaurants - that will deliver there.Written June 14, 2021
- Great park with a variety of areas that hug the shoreline.
Great for strollers, walkers, runners and dog walkers. They also have a few beaches. One that drops into Holly Pond (which is otherwise not accessible to the public).Written June 23, 2020
- We had been waiting 3 years to be able to make this cruise. Needless to say we weren't disappointed. The weather was great. The Cecelia Ann was comfortable with inside and outside seating. The narration was informative and at times witty. The skipper turned the boat at each lighthouse and sight so it was visible from all sides. It showed an unusual array of Lighthouses. Also some of the great summer house architecture of the coast and Fisher's Island. Food and beverages on board for those that want them.Written September 22, 2022
- A unusual place with the Bendel mansion and then a working farm with pigs, cows, chickens, goats etc. A great place to take a family with children. The gentleman at the desk in the mansion wasn't very helpful, almost to the point of rude, but I won't hold that against them. He must have been having a bad day.Written September 27, 2022
- We stayed here for our dance nationals in July. The resort has a lot to offer the prices are over the top. And what you pay for a room is high. Plan to spend some money not just in the casino but everywhere you go. The room we were in could use some updating but overall, it was a good experience.Written September 19, 2022
- We paid $40 for access to the beach. Option to street park for $5 an hour. Overall a vert good beach. Pros has a private beach feel as it wasn't over crowded. Facilities are clean, easy access to outside showers. Also easy access to shops, driveable vs walkable distance. Cons, rocky water, water had lots of algae.Written August 3, 2022
- We had an amazing time on this trail - we started in Westfield, MA and rode to Granby and back. Beautiful, wide, smooth, flat trail. We have risen over 20 New England trails and this is still in our top three. Can’t wait to go back! I ride a recumbent and my husband a regular.Written September 8, 2018
- We don't get to Hartford as often as we'd like, but when we do it is often specifically to spend the better part of a day at this gem of a museum. This last trip we were interested in the glass exhibit [ "Fired Up" ] and once again The Wadsworth - Atheneum did not disappoint! Exceptionally well done special exhibit (placement, lighting, flow, information), docents on the floor helpfully engaged with the visitors, and there was a demonstration of glassblowing in the outside patio space which was marvelous and featured one of the best glassblowers we'd seen on Netflix's "Blown Away"!!
In addition to the special exhibits, the permanent collection is what my mom would call, "choice" - turn a corner in every gallery and either see an old favorite or a piece you've never seen before by a favorite artist, there is a nice balance of painting, sculpture, mixed media art, but also historically relevant decorative arts, ceramics, and antiquities.
The galleries are accessible, the staff are attentive, helpful, and kind, and the little cafe is just the right place for a cup of coffee or a light lunch. We highly recommend the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art and encourage all visitors to Hartford to make sure to spend a few hours here - you won't regret it!Written October 2, 2022
Connecticut Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||81,939|
|Number of Photos||44,012|
|Local Time||Thursday 2:54 AM|