- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Beautiful place to visit and spend some time. Great walk from the parking area. Photos are fantastic from the height of the location. Don't miss this while in Vilnius!!Written November 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This free museum, set in a lovely wooden house, may be small, but it's very rich in information and you can easily spend a couple of hours there if you want to know more about the Holocaust in this region. Good selection of books and postcards. Special thanks to the kind lady who so patiently gave me information when I visited. Beware that the exhibition may leave you shaken and you might need a moment afterwards.Written November 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Exceptional sense of welcome, beautiful paintings and drawings, plus sublime hanging and lighting for the Bak exhibition. Besides, a lot of informations and illustrations, very educational and accessible in the same time.
Don't forget to visit the section dedicated to the rescued Lithuanian children and their rescuers, a lifetime and unforgettable experience.Written August 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Some very well laid out exhibits and things to see here. Well worth a visit on you r trip. Many good artefacts to view.Written August 9, 2020
- This place is sentimental about the History of Lithuania and they have taken the experience to a pleasant level with tablets to move around and learn and read about all the historical moments and to be part of it with all the activities possible and the interaction. Worth a visit for all, local as tourist and visitors.Written July 16, 2022
- This is a fun little museum that won't take too much time. A 15 minute video on the history of Lithuania (in multiple languages and child friendly) and some virtual reality headsets. I recommend the nature one!Written April 19, 2019
- Perfect exhibitions and very interesting cultural and musical events in a carefully maintained small museumNice small memorial museum of two well-known Lithuanian Poets & Writers, Antanas Venclova and his son, famous Tomas Venclova. Carefully maintained memorial interior, fantastic small staff team, interesting exhibitions, super-top-level cultural events (meetings, festivals etc.).Written October 21, 2018
- 06 July, 2017.
I had set out on this day to explore the Old Town of Vilnius. It
was possibly a bad choice of the day, since it was a National holiday.
The crowning of Mindaugas. However, I did not have much time in
my hands, and decided to make the most of it, though many places
of interest were closed on that day, at least at the time I
visited those places. I would be a bit unlucky here, as well.
However, I was able to see this place from the outside, at least.
This is primarily an art museum, said the information on this place,
which is a bit confusing, since the term `arsenal' refers to a
place where arms and ammunition are kept! The metal plaque
outside the structure gives a bit of history of the place, and
information about its Gothic structure, Renaissance facades and
attic storey. The plaque also mentions that some of the flooring
had been exposed to display medieval castle structures, which was
something I had wanted to see!Written September 9, 2018
- The Culinary heritage museum of Lithuania is a great example how much can be created by one person's passion. It's unique and private collection. Exhibitions consist of art, furniture, valuable plates, silver-plated dishes and culinary books. Only here you can see dinner table serving from Royal visits in Lithuania. All visit was assisted by very friendly and informative staff.
Additionaly there is a possibility to taste Lithuanian culinary heritage in the tavern which is located in the same building.Written September 3, 2017
- Verry nice bunker exhibition about the cold war time. Decently worth visiting. We really liked the selfguided tour. The tour was in English. Overall a great experience, one that I can highly recommend doing!!Written July 3, 2022
- I spent a pleasurable afternoon in this museum. I found it informative and fascinating. Goda was also very charming and helpful with any questions I had. One of the highlights of my holiday.Written May 1, 2020
- This is part of the Vilna Gaon State Jewish Museum. It is devoted to the art of the famous painter Samuel Bak. He survived the Nazi occupation and now lives in the USAWritten November 8, 2019
- Interesting architecture and the view from bell-tower was stunning. You can take beautiful pictures out there.Written August 11, 2022
- Close to the Town Hall and next to a water feature, you’ll find the Compass of Vilnius. Not a major attraction by any stretch of the imagination but if you pass, definitely take a brief look.Written November 11, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Vilnius
- These are the best places for groups seeking history museums in Vilnius:See more history museums for groups in Vilnius on Tripadvisor