Top Attractions in Kaunas
What travelers are saying
- A part of history that has never been presented to us. Had a guided tour at first, which was great. We then mad our way round on our own. Very moving to be here. Incredible piece of history which will always remain in my mind. Shocking and very poignant.Written September 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Some beautiful architecture along these streets leading to the Castle . Cafes, bars and restaurants everywhere.Written August 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of those unbelievable stories, when you understand that you have to believe in the kindness of human beings. A must see place while visiting KaunasWritten August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is nothing you can't find in here. Lots and lots of shoe stores, clothes, a farmacy store, jewellery spots, good cafés and restaurants. Choose a rainy day to spend time here because including eating, you can get most of your day passed by walking in and out of shops here!Written August 7, 2022
- Ive never been to a devil museum before and I doubt I will find another one. Interesting exhibition. Make sure to read the descriptions on the cases which set out details of the individual displays.Written December 5, 2021
- This is a nice church, the exterior is not as grand as the interior so don’t be put off and just go inside.Written November 10, 2021
- A beautiful church in the middle of the monastery grounds. It’s baroque style and has beautiful frescos. There are often concerts there.Written October 15, 2021
- I had never heard of M K Ciurlionis before, and we hadn't planned on visiting this museum either, but it was a wet day, so we did. I'm so pleased we visited, this museum is great, the artists work was amazing, it almost had a fairy-tale quality about it. I even bought a book of the Artist, which is great too. Definitely worth a visit if you love Art.Written September 28, 2022
- The castle is in an area just before the two rivers meet, It is worth a visit but at the same time I would suggest a walk from one end of the park around the headland and out. There is a nice church also just behind the castle.Written December 5, 2021
- The place is wonderful and immerse you fully in the atmosphere of the old pharmacy and hospital. Here you will hear fascinating stories and surprising things no matter what is your profession and experience. Do not hesitate to enter the real magic world! And especial thanks to the unforgettable guide!Written September 28, 2022
- This is such an interesting place to visit, filled to the brim with soviet and KGB memorabilia. It is like Aladdin’s cave!!
Make sure to email or ring ahead and ask what times they have available, as they do not have regular opening hours, I think they just open when they have enough people for a tour.
Monika was an absolutely fantastic tour guide who was very engaging and I learned a lot from her.
Unfortunately, there were some children on the tour who were not on their best behaviour and kept interrupting Monika, running around, touching some of the rarest items and it was a little frustrating to see them behave so poorly, but Monika did such a great job and was super friendly. Maybe there should be an age limit on visiting?Written October 1, 2022
- Not the most spectacular street I've ever been to, but definitely a great place to head for if you enjoy walks. At the time I was there, I wasn't met with any crowds, it was silent and nice.Written November 28, 2019
- In a lovely square filled with cafes , bars and restaurants .. Currently closed. Spotlessly clean city.Written August 9, 2022
- Good visit here. Interesting displays, nice to learn about other countries war stories and see the relics.Written November 2, 2021
- It is worth walking there for the views in the morning. Not worth taking the Funicular, just a waste of money, climb those few steps and walk down. It is all shaded and nice.Written August 4, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kaunas
- The best day trips from Kaunas according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- The IX Fort and the Hill of Crosses full-day private tour from Vilnius
- Kaunas Rumsiskes and Pazaislis Monastery Full Day Tour from Vilnius
- Kaunas day trip - the unsung Hero
- Most Beautiful Christmas Trees of Lithuania
- Full-Day Private Guided Tour from VILNIUS to TRAKAI - RUMŠIŠKĖS - PAŽAISLIS