Historic Sites • Castles
Amusement & Theme Parks
Admission tickets from $16.59
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This was a spur of the moment day out from Budapest. There are several ways to get here: on a package day out by boat; on a train and ferry trip (the train stops on the opposite side of the Danube and a once hourly ferry ticket is required to cross); on a regional bus. We opted for the last of these as it was so inexpensive. BEWARE there are different bus depots in Budapest. We accidentally ended up in the international terminus. You need to get to the ujpest varoscapu metro station area xiii. The bus depot is right beside it. Our bus left at half past every hour. It went via Szentendre and the journey was around 1hr 20 mins. It cost 1500 huff return.
The citadel was small but historically important. It had astonishing views over the Danube. There are often reenactments at the citadel. There is a car park at the top of the hill right next to it. We climbed up from the main road through the woods. The path is well signposted. It was pretty steep in places. I was glad to have had trainers on. There is longer, less steep footpath from the town church.
It was worth the climb and the bus journey.Written May 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a very nice place, the museum part is surprisingly informative and exciting, it was a longer visit than we expected. We will come back again.
P.s. The pálinkas are very tasty.Written September 23, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was wonderful that we could visit the museum with our dog! The area is beautiful and the exhibition is interestingWritten March 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- From this lookout there is a beautiful view to the castle. There is a small fee ( 400 ft ), absolutely worth for it. Really close to the castle and the bob ride.Written September 5, 2019
- My husband and two friends thought this was great fun and so cheap, They were like kids again full of smiles and grins. The driver controls their own speed, and there are two options - one like a kart and one like a bobsleigh. They loved it.Written October 13, 2019
- This is a familiar ski slope for families, with children. Ideal for learning to ski/board riding. They have good buffet too.Written February 23, 2017
- Easy to find, just along the Hungarian border, with lot of road signs to guide you.
There is a limited but free parking in front.
Fast and easy registration.
You can choose different types of karts.
Price is a bit high, for 10 min it is 19 EUR, if you bring your own helmet, if not you have to pay a couple of additional Euros fee for theirs.
Very nice track. A lot of fun!!!Written August 19, 2023
- The place is clean and green, really beautiful and in nature!!! The ride itself cost 1500ft for a kid and an adult, but the main problem was the short route.
The kids enjoyed it so the experience was fantastic for them, but I think it could be either a longer ride or a lower price.Written June 29, 2023
- We have visited this great place today. The place is nice, the staff is friendly, the service was good and fast. I totally recommend everyone to visit it.Written December 29, 2017
- In the middle of the week there wasn't a lot of people, the path is amazing, the environment is beautiful.Written March 1, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Visegrad
- The best day trips from Visegrad according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Budapest Danube Bend Full-Day Tour with Lunch
- Private All Day Danube Bend Tour From Budapest with lunch, entrance fee, cruise
- Danube Bend Private All Day Tour with Lunch, with entrance fees and cruise
- Szentendre and Visegrad Private Danube bend Tour With Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Private Szentendre & Visegrád tour
Visegrad Attractions Information