Art Galleries • Points of Interest & Landmarks
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Our host was the nicest girl. It is a very nice and cozy place. Lots of beautiful paintings and other creative works. Most of them are for sale.
Definitely worth visiting.Written May 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The main square of Szendendre is a must to see. It is a small square actually with beautiful houses all around.Written June 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Vast open air museum you could spend all day exploring
Travelled by train from Budapest
Staff very friendly and helpfulWritten August 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
All 4 of us loved this.
She was so prolific and her work was so varied.
You must take time to watch the video of her creating a piece.
Truly one of my most favorite museums ever.
It is small and intimate. Focused.
Worth the visit.Written July 27, 2023
- Lovely museum. Must visit! Very cool items on display & some awesome vehicles with some history about them. What is also cool is that you can ride into some carsWritten December 12, 2022
- The place is full with marzipan creations - historical figures, athletes, buildings, fairy tales moments...a 30 minute walk
There are the proofs a great creative work....
On the ground floor there is a pastry shop where you can buy a great variety of marzipan figures.Written July 27, 2022
- We walked from the River Danube to to the old town, not more than 200-300 away. the buildings were beautiful, there were plenty of shops, eateries and cafes.Written June 30, 2023
- Great museum outside the train station coming from Budapest. Lots of really nice trains and trolleys in wonderful condition.Written June 8, 2023
- We found the Museum on a stroll through Szentendre which is a very cute city near Budapest on the Danube. There is restaurant upstairs and then the owner leads you you down for the tasting in the cellar. It is about 15€ per person. We had one white, two reds and two Tokajis. There were delightful little appetizers bites to clear the pallet. The owner is quite knowledgeable about wine in general so can compare the wines from Hungary to the wines of other regions in Europe. He discusses the various wine regions and goes in to much more detail about the regions from the wines that are being tasted. It is close to a 700 square mete cellar with a large collection of wines. I am sure the list of wines changes from time to time on the tasting. It takes about 45 minutes for the tasting depending on the questions you ask and the time you want to spend exploring. Other than the Tokajis you probably have not had many Hungarian wines as not many are exported to the US, especially red but they are worth trying for sure. Well worth spending some time visiting in you enjoy wine, it’s origins and history.Written February 15, 2020
- The museum presents ancient Hungarian Jewry.
The museum exhibits ancient Jewish accessories.
At the entrance to the museum there are memorial plates of local JewryWritten July 19, 2019
- It was not so difficult to find as entering into this Gallery. But we did. We find this very special in the middle of traditional crafts shop dumping. It colors well the conventional products around. Absolutely recommended to visit.Written September 12, 2016
- Interesting art museum with several paintings that I would say expose the emotions of the artist toward the Holocaust. A must see exhibit of works.Written July 4, 2013
- The Ferenczy family had a lot of great artists. You can see here in the collection some works of different family members. It is worth to visit.Written January 3, 2018
- This village is a very small tourist area now, but loaded with churches. This is just one of the many located within blocks of each other.Written July 9, 2018
- The environment is really nice, it's a great place to recharge your energy, have a talk with someone or just go for a morning run. Sadly the island looked a bit neglected during our visit, and I didn't see any public toilet or street lighting.Written March 15, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Szentendre
- The best outdoor activities in Szentendre according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Szentendre on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Szentendre according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Budapest Danube Bend Full-Day Tour with Lunch
- Danube Bend: Day trip from Budapest
- Szentendre Daytrip (Unesco world heritage city)
- Szentendre and Visegrad Private Danube bend Tour With Wine Tasting and Lunch
- Full-Day Private Tour from Budapest to Picturesque Szentendre and Vac
- The most popular things to do in Szentendre with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Main Square (Fo tér)
- Szamos Marzipan Exhibition and Workshop
- Retro Design Center
- Hungarian Open Air Museum (Szabadtéri Néprajzi Múzeum)
- Old Town
Szentendre Attractions Information