- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
45 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 45
What travelers are saying
- Nice historical castle, renovated some years ago so everything was in good condition and what we enjoyed is that it had displays but the rooms werent overly cluttered. Definitely recommend the guided tour, unfortunately they only had it in Hungarian when we went but our Hungarian friend translated for us and there is a lot of interesting information and stories during the tour. The guide, although young, was very well rehearsed and through our friend's translation we learned lots about the history of the castle. On some days they have various programs and activities but best to check ahead as there wasnt anything on the day we went (Sunday).
Also when you are finished at the castle check out the Fairy Garden (Tunderkert) behind the castle which is a beautiful spot to relax and cool down with a nice drink or ice cream after your castle explorations.Written August 31, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really nice place to make a walk. The zoo garden is very big, so prepare to use you’re feet. A lots of species of animals. We had the weather on our side so this was delightful.Written February 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the beautiful temple, with the extraordinary interior. There are cards with descriptions in many languages. These places are looked after by the nice gentleman who speaks excellent English.
There is the small museum next to the church with a very interesting exhibition. Tickets are cheap and the lady working there is very nice.
Be sure to visit this place, because it is the valuable monument and wonderful people.Written October 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic exhibition about dinosaurs, geological eras, paleontology and minerals. Very educative and interactive. also suitable for children.Written June 7, 2023
- This place is at a walkable distance from the city centre. You need to climb few steps otherwise need to go up in the slope to reach. Unfortunately the church was closed when we visited. From outside, looking very beautiful.Written April 25, 2019
- Beautiful exhibitions. I love international project Art & Life, Art & Science. But there others good exhibitions. Nice house in the center of Miskolc.Written May 22, 2023
- If you only have time to visit one church in Miskolc, see this one, you won't regret it, it is stunning! Recommended donation is 900 HUF per person and you won't be asked for it, but there is a basket by the central icon where you can drop it. The old gentleman at the door speaks a little bit of English and will hand you a printout in English with information about the church. The icons are marvelous and worth admiring one by one as is the icon donated by Catherine of Russia on the left side of the church. In the back there is a small informal gift shops where you can buy icons and prints made by Orthodox monks from a monastery in the Ukraine at very reasonable prices. The museum costs about 1,600 HUF is not very large, only three rooms, but it has beautiful religious objects, icons, and prints. Labels are all in Hungarian but there is a small booklet available with English descriptions of some of the items in the collection.Written June 18, 2018
- We came here to see a concert and it was great. The music, the church the ambience were superb. Enjoyed it!Written July 4, 2018
- Wow, beyond impressive, dignity, sadness and the miracle of continuity. A small group keep prayer services, kosher dining room, and community services running!Written May 27, 2016
- Lot of information about the whole region: nature, history, culture in one place!!and Jurrasic Park!!We were with our Miskolc Pass there. There was an mineral exhibition and a natural history exhibition about the T-REX time!!
And all of things was on display was real, not a plastik things...everything is real!! That is why we just can offer that you do not have to leave out if you have been there in Miskolc!
Also a best choice on a rainy day visit, for kids especially and for adults too!!Written June 8, 2019
- Saw the play les miserables. My Hungarian is not the best, but I still enjoyed the performance. The theatre is small but really pretty. The actors did a fantastic job with the production.Written September 14, 2018
- This landmark shrine of the Roman Catholic Church right in the city centre is worth a visit. A beautifully restored/remodelled enterieur, a great piece of Hungarian baroque style.Written June 2, 2019
- This arena can be found in a great location behind Diósgyőr Castle and perfect for concerts, horse events, theatrical shows. Unfortunately a bigger area was taken away from the former Diósgyőr Castle Bath and Pool to build this place and the bath is still closed because of it.Written September 25, 2018
- A curiosity nearby Miskolc..outdoor. An interesting iron-making facility sometimes still in use nowadaysWritten September 7, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Miskolc
Miskolc Attractions Information