Top Attractions in Miskolc
What travelers are saying
- Nice historical castle, renovated some years ago so everything was in good condition and what we enjoyed is that it had displays but the rooms werent overly cluttered. Definitely recommend the guided tour, unfortunately they only had it in Hungarian when we went but our Hungarian friend translated for us and there is a lot of interesting information and stories during the tour. The guide, although young, was very well rehearsed and through our friend's translation we learned lots about the history of the castle. On some days they have various programs and activities but best to check ahead as there wasnt anything on the day we went (Sunday).
Also when you are finished at the castle check out the Fairy Garden (Tunderkert) behind the castle which is a beautiful spot to relax and cool down with a nice drink or ice cream after your castle explorations.Written August 31, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It’s a fantastic area, in the noth of Hungary in Bukk mountains. It became a protected National Park in 1976. There are lots of trails for hiking, but everybody can find walking pathes, too. We are not real hard hikers, so we only were walking around the Hamori-lake and in the forest. It’s was wonderful: fresh air, silence and peace.Written June 15, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The animals are nice and fairly looked after. I always loved going to this so when I was a kid as I grew up close to Miskolc, so it wasn’t a question that I had to show my boyfriend around when we went to visit my family. 😊Written August 19, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a very beautiful and nice railway. The view was amazing and I could enjoy it with my friends. One tip for sure if you want to travel with it you should plan some tour and hiking around the area because its nice too. I hope you guys will get as much as joy as I did.
2022/04/07Written April 7, 2022
- Central Europe's biggest iconostasis close to the city center, 5 min. walk. So beautiful! Museum and church with guided tour about an hour and very interesting.Written June 23, 2018
- This place is at a walkable distance from the city centre. You need to climb few steps otherwise need to go up in the slope to reach. Unfortunately the church was closed when we visited. From outside, looking very beautiful.Written April 25, 2019
- we try to get there, but we dont, because of evening hours, the signs forom old town send us to the avasi hill, but reaching the cemetry at the church there was nearly no ightening no signatures and we had to turn backWritten December 3, 2019
- Lot of information about the whole region: nature, history, culture in one place!!and Jurrasic Park!!We were with our Miskolc Pass there. There was an mineral exhibition and a natural history exhibition about the T-REX time!!
And all of things was on display was real, not a plastik things...everything is real!! That is why we just can offer that you do not have to leave out if you have been there in Miskolc!
Also a best choice on a rainy day visit, for kids especially and for adults too!!Written June 8, 2019
- Well organised, informative, excellent exhibits, rare finds and good layout. Good program for a rainy day.Written June 9, 2020
- It is a busy but nice shopping centre. The Italian food place offered terrible pizza, but the Hungarian style food was okay. There is also a big cinema in the building that is very nice.Written June 18, 2017
- This landmark shrine of the Roman Catholic Church right in the city centre is worth a visit. A beautifully restored/remodelled enterieur, a great piece of Hungarian baroque style.Written June 2, 2019
- Visited the caves last week ,very enjoyable,cheap to visit, well organised lots of fun heated pools were so soothing.Written February 27, 2019
- If you only have time to visit one church in Miskolc, see this one, you won't regret it, it is stunning! Recommended donation is 900 HUF per person and you won't be asked for it, but there is a basket by the central icon where you can drop it. The old gentleman at the door speaks a little bit of English and will hand you a printout in English with information about the church. The icons are marvelous and worth admiring one by one as is the icon donated by Catherine of Russia on the left side of the church. In the back there is a small informal gift shops where you can buy icons and prints made by Orthodox monks from a monastery in the Ukraine at very reasonable prices. The museum costs about 1,600 HUF is not very large, only three rooms, but it has beautiful religious objects, icons, and prints. Labels are all in Hungarian but there is a small booklet available with English descriptions of some of the items in the collection.Written June 18, 2018
- We came here to see a concert and it was great. The music, the church the ambience were superb. Enjoyed it!Written July 4, 2018
- Wow, beyond impressive, dignity, sadness and the miracle of continuity. A small group keep prayer services, kosher dining room, and community services running!Written May 27, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Miskolc
- The best outdoor activities in Miskolc according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Miskolc on Tripadvisor