Top Attractions in Gyor
What travelers are saying
- We visited Gyor in the summer of 2021 and had a great stay. The old town, although small, is very nice and clean. You can enjoy a drink and dinner in the old town's square in one of the many restaurants.Written August 19, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a fantastic day full of programs! We came in early afternoon, and spend wonderful time here. The team of the zoo have every half an hour other kind of program with animals. My personal favourite was the Penguin walk. People can watch how they taking care of animals and getting lot of information of them in same time. Just offer for everyone to have a good time! It's perfect for families or for friends as well. Thank you ZOO TEAM!😊Written August 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Suddenly at the time of my visit this amazing Benedictine Church was closed
But out side I can appreciated the huges external architecture. For sure I have to come back to see more niche places here.Written August 23, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Really nice view, by climbing stairs in the tower, or each floor is situated some exhibition. Reasonable price and good idea what to do in GyorWritten October 15, 2019
- nice and quiet little town before leaving for Austria. lots of restaurants and cafes around this Boatman Sculpture. suitable for a lazy afternoon walkWritten November 8, 2022
- A really beautiful building overlooking a charming square where there are some amazing fountains with frequently changing water patterns.Written September 24, 2019
- Nice place to seat and eat, or take pictures. Two sides of the square are full with the restaurants heaving sujmmer gardens.Written July 21, 2021
- While my wife was busy on shopping (by the way prices are higher than expected, even on SALE) i could rest in one of the cafe, bistro. Taking green tea and local sweet cakes.
Interspar grocery has a good choise of fruits and vegi as well as other sortimen.Written August 1, 2017
- Not very big but a very interesting museum. There you can see much different type of tile stoves. At the end there is also a workshop where tools for making stoves are presented. The entire visit should last less than half an hour.Written August 26, 2020
- Győr is not famous for its museums, and for good reason. This one is also just a very small collection of the artist's works, but the price of the ticket is appropriate for this scale. The one in Szentendre is much better if you are interested in the art of Margit Kovacs.Written March 19, 2019
- A must if you are visiting Gyor. The staff are friendly, helpful and anxious to please. They really want visitors to have the best experience of their city and are a mine of information of what to see and do to achieve this.Written September 24, 2019
- The church was partially under renovation, and the cover was imaginative, showing the originaly view of the church.
The inner building is a bit dark -for those who are used to big open spaces in churches- but this is a church dating back from Roman style, rebuilt severaly times.
Inside there is the famous Madonna paiting, the frescos, etc
Look for the actual Roman tombstone pieces from the outside, on the (Northern?) wall!Written May 14, 2019
- Nice place to tkae pictures, especially during the night when its lighted. People dring the water, but I darent.Written July 21, 2021
- It is the best idea in Gyor to visit this area, as the most wonderful buildings are here, in one area. Majority of them are renovated, streets are spotlessly clean, only passengers can come here, no cars.
Many tourist attractions are here, go and see it with your own eyes!Written May 14, 2019
- Nice museum. Laid out oddly, but thorough collection.
No english, but the cases of items/dates are self explainatory.Written June 28, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions about Gyor
Gyor Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 6:00 PM|