90 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
Water Parks • Hot Springs & Geysers
Admission tickets from $25
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Beaches
What travelers are saying
- Budapest is absolutely amazing! History, architecture, people, all of it. We took a Viking River cruise starting in Regensburg, GER, and ended up in Hungary. The food was fantastic and the Ruin Bars were awesome. Put it on your list of European travels.Written November 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have lived in Budapest for 2 years and this was my most favourite place to relax. It simply is one of the best parks ever. There is just everything you need - long walks in calm under the trees, musical fountain, Japanese gardens, rose gardens, spa, minizoo, ruins of old monastery. This place just cannot be described. It must be experienced! So peaceful in the middle of Danube. The trees and distance itself protect it from all the noise and pollution of the city. This must be, how heaven looks! Miss it so much since I relocated.
Please, come and visit this magical place and stay respectful.Written November 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I’ve seen some recent reviews and I don’t see where those issues were? The zoo is very well laid out, there’s plenty of shows & feeding talks/animal talks throughout the day.
Yes, there is a lot of walking but that adds to the experience of going between different ‘continents’ of where the animals are! The sealion show was hilarious! There was a great variety of animals too!
Only issues are… there wasn’t loads of staff around if you needed help… and the rhinos looked claustrophobic in their independent pens, but we may have visited on a day they weren’t outside mingling with each other because it was 35°.
I’d definitely return if I come back to Budapest.Written September 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Worth a visit a lot cleaner than other thermal spas in the area. Few of the pools closed get there early for a sun lounger. Difficult to navigate round some of it including cafes if you don’t speak Hungarian. Overall would recommend and in a lovely locationWritten September 14, 2023
- Varosliget is a wonderful park to visit if you're in the area, my brother and I had just enjoyed visiting Heroes Square and decided to continue our walk into this park ,well kept park area's, a lake ,lovely architecture, statues and monuments, a hot air balloon ride area and its peaceful, we enjoyed mulled wine at a kiosk in the park to warm us up as we explored this park ,its most definitely well worth checking out if you're in the area and easy to locate just off Heroes Square.Written November 29, 2023
- Good place. A little out from budapest center. They have many different animals, not only fish. Great shark enclosure. The tiger sharks enclosure was way too small unfortunatedly.Written July 14, 2023
- Budapest Plage is a wonderful set of colonnades that are a stunning backdrop to the column on Heroes Square .
Along the colonnades are great statues of leaders of the tribes that united and formed what is now Hungary ,each statue looks superb ,its such a fascinating and historically important set of statue's, if you're planning a trip to Heroes Square it's most definitely well worth checking out.Written November 23, 2023
- Great caving experience, challenging but doable in a good dry environment.
Our guides were knowledgeable, funny and safety aware.
Use Bolt taxi to there, easist way although tram and walk is possible.Written February 5, 2023
- English: Very good panoramic view for free. (I recommend the cable car to get up, it takes 10-15 minutes to get up there)
Magyar: Nagyon jó panoráma ingyen. (Ajánlom a libegőt a feljutáshoz, innen 10-15 perc feljutni)Written October 29, 2023
- This park is the ideal location for chilling at the end of day in the busy city.
It’s basically a big lawn with on the side the statues of the great philosophers.
On the lawn all kind of groups do relaxing evening activities, like Tai Chi and Yoga but there are also small acoustic concerts without amplifiers, on things like soundboards and guitar types.
The highlight of the location though is the magnificent views over the city, especially with a beautiful sunset.
It’s not far from the city center but pretty high up so go for a taxi, public transport - or best, a scooter.Written July 18, 2023
- The cave is not so easy to reach with public transport. Only bus-line 29 stops nearby. There is a tour every hour. We had a group of about 15 guests, with one wheelchair. Even for the wheelchair the 50-miute tour was good to do despite the slopes of the paths. The cave is called a popcorn cave because the shapes of the walls, originated years ago by a combination of hot-spring water and limestone. The guide could very well explain everything in English, but he gave nearly no room for questions and children were not specially addressed.Written July 14, 2018
- Budapests Jewish quarter w/ the temple is a moving & emotional visit all must attend. Many ruins from ww2 in this area too so one gets a sense of the ghettos confinement.Written November 8, 2023
- Sas-hegy hiking trail in Budapest.
Following the trail accross cliffs, on this hill, higher than the Gellért-hill or the new MOL campus, you'll get an astonishing view. From Biatorbágy through the Pest area to the Megyeri Bridge and even more. An unique protected natural reserve in the center of the city.
The reserve has a really small exhibition about the flora and fauna of the hill. Some interactive elements are provided, but nothing much. Additionally there is a small playground for children.
With the base ticket you can have a walk to the viewpoint and check the exhibition. What worths more is to get a ticket for the guided walk. Then you will have the chance to get around the hill and during the 1.5 hour walk (not much in km, not much steps, lots of viewing and talking) you will have the opportunity to get to know the hill, the plants and some insects/animals. English tours should be booked in advance I think. Check the page of the Duna-Ipoly National Park Directorate for more details (and other interesting things to visit in Budapest)Written May 7, 2023
- Nice country, but expensive food.
Very easy to get everywhere by bus.
A lot of places are free, no need to pay ticketsWritten June 16, 2022
- What I liked the most was the impressive displays of athletic statues. They are in good taste and well done.Written January 31, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Budapest
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Budapest:See more romantic nature & parks in Budapest on Tripadvisor