- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- Chain bridge was one of the major attractions which pulled us there. Thanks to some bollywood sequences. However there was a heart break when we realized no pedestrians are allowed on this bridge. No worries, we took to the otherside through bus and took the snaps and let this unfulfilled wish a "to do" for the next trip. Another let down was, due to ongoing renovations, the lights were off during the night. Thus the major beauty of this bridge during night was lost :(Written January 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great old Iron bridge; built near the end of the 1800s, Great views from the bridge and the structure itself is fabulous. Pedestrian walkways on both sides of the bridge. Beautifully lit at night, accents the light green color of the bridge.Written January 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Margaret Bridge is the second oldest bridge in Budapest and located on the Danube River. Its construcion style is of French Neo-Baroque architecture.
Its connects Buda to Pest and touches Maraget Island.
It took 4 years to build and was completed in 1876.Written November 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- With the Chain Bridge being closed when we visited we had to walk across Elisabeth Bridge to get to Buda Hill funicular and up to Fisherman's Bastion. You also come out just off the bridge when you walk down Vaci Street.
It was a busy bridge traffic wise (presumably more so being as the Chain Bridge is closed) but was fine to walk across it. The yellow trams also go across it so we got some quirky pictures in between the traffic!Written January 16, 2023
- Built between the wars this bridge serves its purpose well transporting people to the ‘other’ side. Not surprisingly it was blown up by the retreating German army a testimony to its functionality and rebuilt after the war. In a time of peace its wonderful to reflect on the vagaries of man.Written June 8, 2018
- Megyeri Bridge is the youngest bridge over the River Danube on the outskirts of Budapest.
It was opened in 2008 and it is a nice modern achtitecture. You can cross it by car (2*2 lanes) bycicle or walking. It is 1,800 meter long.Written July 19, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Budapest
- These are the best places for kid-friendly bridges in Budapest:See more bridges for kids in Budapest on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking bridges in Budapest:See more bridges for couples in Budapest on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking bridges in Budapest:See more bridges for groups in Budapest on Tripadvisor