Popular things to do
- Kayaking Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Half-day Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Bike Rentals
- City Tours
- Private Day Trips
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Special Offers
- Sporting Events
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
Top Attractions in Bled
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- If you are visiting Slovenia I’d make sure to include Lake Bled in your itinerary. I’d also recommend giving yourself a full day here as there is lots to do.
We got the bus from Ljubljana to Bled and it’s a short walk down to the lake. It’s so beautiful. The water is incredibly blue.
We went to Bled Heart which is a nice place to get a picture.
We then went swimming. It was about €10 for the swimming. You can hire a locker as well. I think you need to pay extra to get a changing room as they were all locked. There were a couple of changing cubicles behind a curtain to use though. There are various pools in the lake of different depths. There was also a diving board and inflatable obstacle course (not sure if you have to pay extra for these).
Would highly recommend Lake Bled. I just wish we had more time here!Written August 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is truly a beautiful area that Can be visited by everything from experienced hikers to less experienced tourists.
However walking up in the mountains where it becomes demanding just gives you extraordinary sights from mountain tops and views more than 1000 meters Down and walking in Moon-like landscapes ad if you were participating in planet of the abes.Written August 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a stunning place! Every view is like a fairy tale postcard. Our group took the little boat out to the island and we climbed the stairs up to the church. Ring the bell! Yes, it's a touristy thing to do, but it's kind of fun! Like I said, the views are amazing. There is a little coffee/souvenir shop with clean rest rooms. When we got back down and were waiting for everyone to come back to take the pletna back to shore, four of us decided to jump into the lake to cool off. That was a fun little adventure (yes, Lake Bled is ccccold!).Written August 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We toured the castle as part of a Rick Steve's tour in May 2022. As such I cannot comment on the price, but we did get a full tour of the castle with guide giving us history and explaining the various exhibits. The castle was lived in the recent past but all of the furniture and wall coverings etc have been removed and replaced by exhibits including geology, and dioramas of prehistory and historic residents of the area. It is quite interesting and there are more recent tiled heating units introduced by the owners in the last hundred years or so. Outside one the tired levels the views are spectacular even from the cafe area where you should enjoy one of Bled's cream cakes and a coffee. Well worth the visit.Written June 14, 2022
- Enormously fun, fast and cheap. Highly recommended for a visit to lake bled. The walk up is tiring, I'd take the lift if I were you!Written August 18, 2022
- This is the best view of Bled, without a doubt.
The walk can take some time (I think it took 20-30 minutes for me, each way), and it is quite steep and a bit slippery in some places. After the steep stairs, there is a bench, and trust me, when it is 30+ degrees, you will definitely need a sit down, and to enjoy the beautiful view.
The views once at the top are breathtaking, possibly made even better if you made it up in time for sunrise. This is definitely something you should do in Bled, although, if you are scared of heights, this may not be for you.Written July 19, 2022
- This is a must visit place in Bled. The entrance to the trail has only a small sign but you should see enough people heading up. It’s an uphill trip and it gets steeper as you go higher. And there is a steep section with lots of loose small rocks. You need good shoes to walk through. And the last section is like climbing the rock stairs. You will be rewarded with spectacular view at the top. The island in the lake appears in front of you. You also see Bled castle and Julian alps in the back. Breath taking view. Although the hike was not easy, I saw small kids on the trail too. Definitely family friendly hike.Written July 30, 2022
- It was somewhat frustrating that in addition to paying for the boat ride to the island, there was an additional 12 euro cost per person to see the Church of the Assumption. I will say that there are a lot of warnings not to visit the church since it is relatively unremarkable. Still having come this far, my wife and I opted to pay the additional cost. Was it worth it, I think so as you get to ring the bell and you also get some amazing views form the belfry.Written March 15, 2022
- While walking around the lake we stopped in to the Church. It s perched on top of the hill. I enjoyed the inside as it was pretty but not over the top in its setup. Worth stopping in for a view.Written July 19, 2022
- A splendid visit to the 'bee farm'. learnt a great deal and was totally impressed by the owners commitment to the environment and bees in particular. Also great honey and even better honey schnappsWritten May 20, 2022
- From Rudno polje - The very nice trip takes about 4 to 5 hours for middle experienced people, having good mountain shoes and in good walking condition. Worth to do it!Written June 4, 2019
- Before starting out, I thought the price seemed a bit steep. I was wrong. The rowers work very hard for every Euro! It was a pleasant way to see the island and lake. Great views and fun experience. Very comfortable.Written March 30, 2019
- Surprised to find this in Bled but interesting hour or so as had not really come across Dali before.Written February 22, 2018
- In the summer season, there are going to be more tourists than local people and in autumn time colours are spectacular!Written August 7, 2019
- The train station has a bar, toilets that are not the cleanest, but still better than the ones on the train. A few benches, and a train schedule, there is also a map with the surrounding area and if you go across the street there is a beautiful view to Lake Bled. The trains are rear and far in between one another. I advise you to look up the train schedule online before you go there.Written July 31, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Bled
- The best day trips from Bled according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Ljubljana and Bled Lake - small group - day tour from Zagreb
- Slovenia in One Day: Small-Group Day Trip to Lake Bled, Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle from Ljubljana
- Lakes Bled & Bohinj and Vintgar Gorge Small-Group Day Trip from Ljubljana
- Day Trip in Triglav National Park from Bled
- Lake Bled and Ljubljana Tour from Trieste