Points of Interest & Landmarks
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Poznan
What travelers are saying
- The design and set up of the old town in its classic form is a beautiful expression of an old European city. Walking the streets at night it is like you are transformed in time. It is modern enough to be tourist friendly but authentic enough to be a real true experience.Written November 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gives you the impression of oppulent wealth inside until you learn that the marble, gold and the dome are all fake :) Nice anyways.Written September 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had no idea what to expect before coming here. It is definitely not your average museum. It is more like a presentation which is very entertaining and gets the group involved. You learn some local dialect, history and most important of all how to make a St. Martins croissant. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Poznan who wants a bit of a laugh.Written November 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Cytadela park has quite a few surprises.
Due to its size, you need time to get to its attractions - fresh air is a definite side benefit.
Besides the usual lawns, ponds, flowers and trees, there's a cemetery, tall bell tower, funky sculptures and a military museum.
Sure to appeal to the military buffs, these are relics of Poland's Warsaw Pact days, tanks are parked in a public place, while aircraft are placed behind fences.
And surprise - about 5km away in the grounds of Poznan University of Technology is a SU-22M4.Written October 26, 2022
- Fantastic place to visit and take a walk. Great landscape and lots of attractions. You can go with your family.Written November 22, 2022
- Super place and such good value. Easy to navigate around the place. Signs on every species of plant there… I am
Irish so they did not have them in English but I used the Google camera and it translated just fine for me .. my fault that I don’t speak Polish in Poland ! Loved it and well worth a visit.Written January 22, 2022
- This was a brewery conversion and absolutely the biggest exceptional mall I have ever seen! All varieties of stores and eating areas.. easy to maneuver, prepare to walk, rest, eat and repeat!Written June 25, 2022
- Pozan's Cathedral (and chapel) are on Cathedral Island, a short but clearly signposted walk from the Old Town. It's the oldest part of Poznan, Ostrow Tomski, built in the 10th century on an island in the marvellously named river Warta. It's had to be rebuilt several times due to damage from different fires, so is a mish-mash of styles, but is a fine cathedral and free to visit. Undoubtedly one of Poznan's highlights.Written August 7, 2022
- A lot of people trek to Cathedral Island (the oldest part of Poznan) to see the Cathedral and its chapel, but it's worth venturing a bit further over the bridge to this lovely, airy and light modern building, which contains free exhibitions as well as offering guided tours. There are free toilets and a cafe as well.Written August 1, 2022
- It was worth the tram ride and heat to get here!! Such a beautiful peaceful place, secret places in unexpected places.. yes. It could be mapped better but the aura would be missing! Follow your heart and take your time! Stop at the cafe for a snack and then resume your exploration!!Written June 25, 2022
- This gorgeous building dates back to the late 13th century. It sits in the north-east part of the main square, not that you can miss it as it towers over the area.Written August 17, 2022
- Very relaxed and beautifull small area ? especially after the Town centre. on the Island but easy to get to by trams or even walking.
A nice number of coffee shops and sights worth seeing. Do you homeowork. Basically the origin and centre of Poland. Do the tour of its origins its cheap enough.Written October 3, 2022
- A super cool and well-priced museum. Really good for art lovers of all eras. I bought a load of prints for less than $3!Written October 17, 2022
- Sadly about a square mile of the whole area and around it is being dug up and in a mess. A bit noiseyt except weekend.
This added to roads and tramways accross the whole central area make this difficult but still worthwhile.Written September 27, 2022
- I understand this place is permanently closed sadly as we really wanted to visit now we are in Poznan, does anybody know if the gift shop is still open? Or if there is anywhere else we can buy Lech souvenirs etc?Written September 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Poznan
Poznan Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 9:05 AM|