Historic Walking Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Next to the old town, beautiful square and surroundings. Lot's a museums around and places to hand out or just have a walk.Written April 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an incredible place to visit when in Bydgoszcz. A booked in advance tour lasted an hour and it was a really good spend hour. I needed to change the day and time of my tour and it was no problem at all. A huge advantage. The group was small (approx. 6 people) and therefore the workshop and tour was simply a pleasure. Great touring with passionate guide who explained everything with matter-of-fact and big sense of humor. I didn't feel like learning about the history at all. Nice shopping available on the spot.Written November 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the most famous attractions in Bydgoszcz, possible to see from various perspectives (bridge, both river sides), always looking interesting, no matter what weather. Preferably to see during the daylight.Written November 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very interesting and mysterious figures. You must see it! The park itself is beautiful and well-kept. Lots of seating.Written June 21, 2022
- A nicely kept place.
Pay attention to Twardowski which shows up in the window twice a day. And to 18th meridian.Written June 7, 2021
- Nice place for a walk - some old tenement houses, town hall, Monument to the struggle and martyrdom of the Bydgoszcz Region, unusual clock with Bydgoszcz time. Meeting place for many citizens. Some cafes and restaurants also located there.Written October 30, 2021
- interesting museum in the old buildings of the explosives factory. Underground tunnels between the buildings adds to the expierence. Slight minus that all information is in PolishWritten May 30, 2022
- Not only the sheer scale and grandeur of this building is impressive but you simply must take a look inside. The ornate and detailed works are a thing of art and the ceiling is something to beholdWritten April 20, 2019
- Great open space for everybody. quiet and peaceful, beautiful botanical garden. It is a pity that they don't have a many more attractions, but to go for a long walk - perfect :)Written November 5, 2019
- The Opera Nova is always the centerpiece of each year's Camerimage film festival, a festival which just completed its 26th edition last week. Camerimage is considered, especially in the world of cinematography, to be one of the world's most important film festivals. The Opera Nova is located across the bridge from the market square of Bydgoszcz. The Opera was built in 2008, and although not the most "impressive" of buildings, it is a very welcoming home of the festival. Many local high school students serve as volunteers at the Opera (and at other venues at the week long festival), and they do a great job directing and helping the very international attendees navigate their way to the many film screenings. Their knowledge of the English language, and of film was very impressive. They really are great representatives of the festival! I saw so many powerful films this year....I can not wait to come back to Opera Nova next year.Written November 21, 2018
- Plac Wolności is a representative salon of Bydgoszcz Śródmieście, enriched with neo-style tenement houses, a historic church, monuments and greenery. The square serves recreational functions and is a place where celebrations are held during national holidays with the participation of local authorities and the army.Written May 17, 2021
- If you get a chance to attend a concert in this beautiful building please do! I highly recommend it! This 1953 Hall is known for its great acoustics. It is surrounded by the Jan Kochanowski Park and an outdoor art gallery. Make note of the monuments surrounding the Pomeranian Philharmonic Building like the controversial statue of Chopin. For me the statue of Andrzej Szwalbe - who between 1953 and until 1991 was the first director and leader of the Bydgoszcz Philharmonic - was very interesting .
The building is quite beautiful and classy inside. Acoustically it is one of the best in Europe. So if given an opportunity to attend a concert there you can be sure to enjoy it greatly.Written May 21, 2018
- I've played 50+ escape rooms all over the world and the "Freakshow" room is my absolute favourite. Totally immersive, challenging (but not impossible) puzzles and an incredible amount of fun. Excellent.Written July 6, 2019
- Today I went to a Walkative tour in Bydgoszcz with a really nice guide Jędrzej. That was fun to hear all interesting facts and legends from this beautiful city. Tour inspired me and I've got better humor after it. Highly recommend to visit Bydgoszcz and join Walkative. 🥰🔥Written November 13, 2022
- A good way to see a lot of sights and get some information as there is a recording playing on the boat. Also, the captain has chipped in with some info of his own.Written June 7, 2021