Historic Walking Areas
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Next to the old town, beautiful square and surroundings. Lot's a museums around and places to hand out or just have a walk.Written April 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an incredible place to visit when in Bydgoszcz. A booked in advance tour lasted an hour and it was a really good spend hour. I needed to change the day and time of my tour and it was no problem at all. A huge advantage. The group was small (approx. 6 people) and therefore the workshop and tour was simply a pleasure. Great touring with passionate guide who explained everything with matter-of-fact and big sense of humor. I didn't feel like learning about the history at all. Nice shopping available on the spot.Written November 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Bydgoszcz cathedral dates back to 15th century and was built in Gothic style. We were simply stunned by the interior - colourful polychromes, stained glass windows, fantastic architecture (vault). You've got to see it by yourself.Written October 30, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the most famous attractions in Bydgoszcz, possible to see from various perspectives (bridge, both river sides), always looking interesting, no matter what weather. Preferably to see during the daylight.Written November 28, 2021
- Very interesting and mysterious figures. You must see it! The park itself is beautiful and well-kept. Lots of seating.Written June 21, 2022
- interesting museum in the old buildings of the explosives factory. Underground tunnels between the buildings adds to the expierence. Slight minus that all information is in PolishWritten May 30, 2022
- A nicely kept place.
Pay attention to Twardowski which shows up in the window twice a day. And to 18th meridian.Written June 7, 2021
- Nice place for a walk - some old tenement houses, town hall, Monument to the struggle and martyrdom of the Bydgoszcz Region, unusual clock with Bydgoszcz time. Meeting place for many citizens. Some cafes and restaurants also located there.Written October 30, 2021
- found the centre very easily as on main square by city hall. different leaflets covering things in all languages including english, I had to go back as i had also of hassle trying to check in to my hostel and the man actually walked around there with me to get me in, amazing peopleWritten November 18, 2022
- Not only the sheer scale and grandeur of this building is impressive but you simply must take a look inside. The ornate and detailed works are a thing of art and the ceiling is something to beholdWritten April 20, 2019
- Great open space for everybody. quiet and peaceful, beautiful botanical garden. It is a pity that they don't have a many more attractions, but to go for a long walk - perfect :)Written November 5, 2019
- You will learn much more about Bydgoszcz taking the tour on the river - interesring to see the channel systemWritten August 3, 2019
- An interesting place in terms of architecture and discovering a different aspect of history. Worth to visit to see old models of sanitary facilities that are no longer in use and discover hidden facts of basis needs of some famous people.Written November 28, 2021
- Statue dedicated to Marian Adam Rejewski- Polish mathematician and cryptologist who in late 1932 reconstructed the sight-unseen German military Enigma cipher machine, aided by limited documents obtained by French military intelligence. Over the next nearly seven years, Rejewski and fellow mathematician-cryptologists Jerzy Różycki and Henryk Zygalski developed and used techniques and equipment to decrypt the German machine ciphers. They made it even the Germans introduced modifications to their equipment and encryption procedures.
This work has big influence in order to defeat German during World War II.Written May 17, 2021
- Plac Wolności is a representative salon of Bydgoszcz Śródmieście, enriched with neo-style tenement houses, a historic church, monuments and greenery. The square serves recreational functions and is a place where celebrations are held during national holidays with the participation of local authorities and the army.Written May 17, 2021