- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
13 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- This is an incredible place to visit when in Bydgoszcz. A booked in advance tour lasted an hour and it was a really good spend hour. I needed to change the day and time of my tour and it was no problem at all. A huge advantage. The group was small (approx. 6 people) and therefore the workshop and tour was simply a pleasure. Great touring with passionate guide who explained everything with matter-of-fact and big sense of humor. I didn't feel like learning about the history at all. Nice shopping available on the spot.Written November 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- interesting museum in the old buildings of the explosives factory. Underground tunnels between the buildings adds to the expierence. Slight minus that all information is in PolishWritten May 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An interesting place in terms of architecture and discovering a different aspect of history. Worth to visit to see old models of sanitary facilities that are no longer in use and discover hidden facts of basis needs of some famous people.Written November 28, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A lot of fun and memory refresh for all of oldies (now >30) but kids can also find some amusement. Its the journey to the times when everything was real. Good old 8bit sound and just few colors on the crt screen. Times when gamin' feelings were above everything. If you want to feel it again - come and visit that place!Written August 2, 2018
- It portrays the diverse uniforms the Polish army has worn over the centuries, along with other associated equipment. The collection is well preserved and everything is available in English and Polish (in some cases in German as well). The museum located 45 minutes walk out of the rynek and it's free on Sundays.
The staff takes good caution in the safety procedures during the pandemic situation.Written September 14, 2020
- Wherever you go in central Bydgoszcz- you will definitely come across one of the branches of this museum, especially on Wyspa Młyńska (Mill Island), where they seem to took over every single building, or the granary, as those kind of buildings are most popular on that island. The only branch - and as it turns out: their main seat - we didn't see, was the building a bit outside the city centre, the former town hospital, but I'm not even sure, if they got any exhibitions there - their website is a bit confusing about it. Well, there's another branch, but this tim it is far from the town, in wood surrounding Bydgoszcz from the south - Exploseum is the name of this branch, and it is suitably located in former German dynamite factory. But except from those two - we did managed to see the rest. Hard to choose, which was the best one, as they all present different expositions, but definitelly go and see the main granaries at Brda river (Grodzka 7-11) and the Wyczółkowski museum (the 19/20th century Polish painter Leon Wyczółkowski was the man the whole museum is named after). They all definitelly worth visit, but maybe not all of them in one go.Written April 21, 2020
- For some reason this branch of Muzeum Okręgowe is called Dom Leona Wyczółkowskiego (Wyczółkowski's house), while it never was this painter's house. Wyczółkowski spent last part of his life in Gościeradz, not far from Bydgoszcz, and he often visited the city - but apparently never lived in Bydgoszcz. What's more, the building now called Wyczólkowski' House used to host other parts of the museum, such as Numismatics Department, Graphic Department, Inventory Department, Conservation, Photography and Art Workshop, and only since 2009 it is a seat for the branch, that presents many artworks given to the city by the painter himself, also some rooms are arranged in a way his house was. Definitely one of the best parts of Museum Okręgowe, but sady it seems like it is overlooked by tourists, who concentrate more on those newly refurbished bright and sparking granaries closer to the town centre. Dom Wyczółkowskiego is one of many museums on Mill Island (Wyspa Młyńska).Written April 21, 2020
- This is a very interesting Museum of Diplomacy and Polish Refugees. It is mainly known as Museum of Diplomacy. Even the lady custodian in the museum was not aware of it being on Tripadvisor, mainly because the abbreviated name "museum of Polish refuges" is not really used by tourists or locals - people call this place by its intended name Museum of Diplomacy.
It is a small but very nice, interesting institution.It is the only museum in the Poland presenting the history of diplomacy and the Polish government in exile in London. The museum was started after receiving the gift of collections of many diplomatic documents and photos donated by Wanda Poznanska. Madam Poznanska was living at the time in Canada and was the widow of Karol Poznański general consul of the Second Republic of Poland in Paris and London (until 1945) .
The museum consists of two floors nicely displaying the highlights of the collection.It is also here that many conferences and lectures on the related subject take place, we were told. On the first floor there is a sound proof chamber from the embassy in Berlin intended for secretive classified diplomatic conversations protected from spying equipment.
The guided tour is conducted in very interesting manner by the knowledgeable custodian. The visit is free but you can leave them a donation.Written May 28, 2018
- It's located on Mlynska island. The exhibition includes a collection of banknotes, coins and medals related to the history of Poland from the Piast times to the present day. The exhibition also presents blacksmith tools, crucibles, mint stamps, a chest - treasury, as well as cultural relics found during excavations on the island. The famous one hundred ducats coin from 1621, considered one of the most beautiful on the continent, is presented in 3D technology.Written October 31, 2021
- A very good attraction for children and adults. I recommend. 💪📱☎️ The only one in Europe 🤩👏📳 Ticketed entrance.Written May 16, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Bydgoszcz
- These are the best places for kid-friendly specialty museums in Bydgoszcz:
- Museum of Soap and History of Dirt
- Wieza Cisnien - Muzeum Wodociagow
- Muzeum Konsol i Gier Wideo Prehistoria.pl
- These are the best places for budget-friendly specialty museums in Bydgoszcz:See more budget-friendly specialty museums in Bydgoszcz on Tripadvisor