Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- A nicely kept place.
Pay attention to Twardowski which shows up in the window twice a day. And to 18th meridian.Written June 7, 2021
- Nice place for a walk - some old tenement houses, town hall, Monument to the struggle and martyrdom of the Bydgoszcz Region, unusual clock with Bydgoszcz time. Meeting place for many citizens. Some cafes and restaurants also located there.Written October 30, 2021
- Długa Street in Bydgoszcz - the longest street in the city of Bydgoszcz. Historically and functionally it is the most important street of the Old Town. It is together with Gdańska and Dworcowa the most important downtown shopping street in BydgoszczWritten May 17, 2021
- Really nice walk taking you through many parts of Bydgoszcz the pathway runs adjacent to mill island so you walk past a few bars along the way never s bad thingWritten April 21, 2019
- Main Post Office is one of the most spectacular buildings located on the Brda river bank and definetely one of most beautiful post offices I have ever seen. It was built at the end of the 19th century in the Prussian national style. Until today the building is occupied by the post office, what is interesting- open 24-hours.Written May 16, 2021
- Plac Wolności is a representative salon of Bydgoszcz Śródmieście, enriched with neo-style tenement houses, a historic church, monuments and greenery. The square serves recreational functions and is a place where celebrations are held during national holidays with the participation of local authorities and the army.Written May 17, 2021
- Mostowa Street was laid out in the mid-fourteenth century during the shaping of the Bydgoszcz charter city. It connected the Old Market Square with the bridge over the Brda River and the Gdańsk suburbs. It is one of the most important streets.Written May 17, 2021
- Bydgoszcz Główna railway station is a modern and striking building and quite a fair distance from the centre of the city. We used the station on a number of occasions and most of the time it was busy but it was always possible to find a seat when waiting in the departure hall. There were good visual and audio announcements and a good range of facilities within the station complex. Most of our tickets were purchased online negating the need to queue at the ticket booths but we only had to wait a few minutes for tickets when we had to buy at the station. Bydgoszcz Główna is easy to use and there are cheap and frequent buses into the city for those not wanting to walk.Written March 16, 2020
- Bydgoszcz proudly has some amazing artistic quality murals and this one on the building on 3rd of May street is one of them. You need just a minute to look at it but it is guaranteed to grab your attention. One of many fun things in Bydgoszcz.Written May 23, 2018
- The mBank Building is a modern structure and is on the Brda riverbank in central Bydgoszcz. Whilst it may not be a must see it definitely has its place. It has been designed extremely well to coexist with the other buildings along Brda River including the Old Granaries other surrounding traditional architectural styles. The building is worth seeing whilst in the Old Town/Brda River area of the city.Written November 9, 2019
- Looking from outside you would never think of what is offered inside. Definitely worth a visit. Passionate guide explaining the facts, history and anecdotes of the barge. Great attraction for few zlotys. Highly recommended.Written November 28, 2021
- we did a self street art/sculpture trail. you can pick up/ download a leaflet from the tourist office in the main square or down load it. its called the alternative trail. we saw this mural and many others on the trail..a couple of those featured have gone. a great was to see parts of the city you might normally not.Written October 2, 2018
- A pretty street with renovated buildings in art nouveau style. The houses are very well preserved.
Worthy a walk.Written June 7, 2021
- Bydgoszcz was a bit unlucky with its most important building, as town hall definitely is. The proper built one appeared in sort of early 16th century right in the middle of market square, replacing a wooden one, which caught fire. The new bricked town hall, with tall tower, was in use till 1708, when it burned down. Unsafe ruins stood there for another century, till it finally got dismantled. Remains were discovered in 2010, and further discoveries were made in 2016. Now it is planned to cover those remains with glass, for everyone to see. But since the old town hall gone, local council used a number of different locations to perform their duties, till 1879, when they bought a former Jesuit collegium, which by that time was just a regular German gimnasium. So since the end of 19th century the new town hall was a hidden from market, behind west side of market, behind the church. That changed in early months of WWII, when German invaders decided to knock down the whole west side of the market, including a Jesuit church. That way the town hall is now visible from the market, being its western side. Part of the market adjacent to the town hall is often used for patriotic events. Important as it is for town citizens presents no value for tourists, appart from its eastern facade, which is pretty much in every photo taken on the market. But it cannot be visited for tourists purposes, which isn't a big shame, as after so many reconstructions over the years it's former baroque style has been lost somehow.Written April 22, 2020
- To find this Autographs Alley go to Dluga Street, go between Jana Kazimierza i Stefana Batorego streets and look down ! You will see the name plaques with the image of signitures of famous Bydgoszcz natives.
The initiative started in 2007 and still keeps on going. Once a year on St Nicholaus Day - December 6 the ceremony unveiling new plaques is performed. St Nicholaus is one of the patrons of the city of Bydgoszcz.Written May 23, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Bydgoszcz
- These are the best places for kid-friendly points of interest & landmarks in Bydgoszcz:See more points of interest & landmarks for kids in Bydgoszcz on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking points of interest & landmarks in Bydgoszcz:See more points of interest & landmarks for groups in Bydgoszcz on Tripadvisor