Monuments & Statues
What travelers are saying
- This attractive, puzzling and gravity-defying 2004 sculpture by Kędziora became part of the local landscape and recent history of the city .Visiting Bydgoszcz we come here to “check in” and look at “the man crossing the River”. He triggers the nostalgic pleasure which comes at the sight of familiar places.Written April 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely environment. Newly refurbished with walk ways and a place to eat and drink. River taxi runs from here also. Some museums around here too but closed when I went.Written June 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fun hour at the museum of soap and dirt. Our guide spoke amazing English and was very enthusiastic about his work. Very interesting tour and we loved making our own soapsWritten October 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just on the outskirts of the Old Town and main square, this cathedral is stunning from the both inside and outside.
The walls, stained glass windows and statues within the premises are beautiful and was an enjoyable experience.
Definitely visit if you're in the area.Written March 19, 2023
- A fascinating place, with skeletal buildings scattered through pine forest and well worth doing a tour. Private exploration is discouragedWritten March 17, 2023
- My girlfriend and I visited Bydgoszcz for work/vacation. We bought a poster of the iconic trolley car that is in the square. However, we didn't have a way to get it home with out it getting ruined in our luggage. The gentleman working in the tourist shop was so helpful that when he couldn't find a container to fit our needs, he took us two blocks away to an art supply store and HE bought us a tube that we could fit the poster in for our flight home! The staff are the perfect ambassadors for their city.Written July 10, 2023
- Nice place for a walk - some old tenement houses, town hall, Monument to the struggle and martyrdom of the Bydgoszcz Region, unusual clock with Bydgoszcz time. Meeting place for many citizens. Some cafes and restaurants also located there.Written October 30, 2021
- St. Vincent de Paul Basilica Minor in Bydgoszcz was completed in 1945 and has been designed by Polish architect Adam Ballenstedt. It comprises the church, a monastery and a park.Written February 5, 2023
- Small Museum, but very rich in beautiful paintings. Some memorabilias and reconstruction of artist's workplace.
The Best attraction in Bydgoszcz.Written May 7, 2023
- Very interesting and mysterious figures. You must see it! The park itself is beautiful and well-kept. Lots of seating.Written June 21, 2022
- Great open space for everybody. quiet and peaceful, beautiful botanical garden. It is a pity that they don't have a many more attractions, but to go for a long walk - perfect :)Written November 5, 2019
- A nicely kept place.
Pay attention to Twardowski which shows up in the window twice a day. And to 18th meridian.Written June 7, 2021
- You will learn much more about Bydgoszcz taking the tour on the river - interesring to see the channel systemWritten August 3, 2019
- It is impossible not to come back here while in Bydgoszcz. This street may not be the heart of the city but it is historically the main artery leading to it. Some of the greatest landmarks of Bydgoszcz are visible from the bridge- like the Granaries, the Cathedral church called sometimes Fara. Brda River and St Barbara island look always lovely. The imposing grand building complex of the opera is at present time in the process of gaining another additional circular building. You can peak at the construction in progress currently occupied by the archeologists. One can see the remains of the harbor from the times of Swedish deluge in 17th century and the ruins of the old monastery among others.
Mostowa street is always interesting, vibrant and atmospheric.Written April 8, 2023
- An interesting place in terms of architecture and discovering a different aspect of history. Worth to visit to see old models of sanitary facilities that are no longer in use and discover hidden facts of basis needs of some famous people.Written November 28, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Bydgoszcz
Bydgoszcz Attractions Information
|Sunday 8:49 AM|