Speciality Museums • Historic Sites
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- In the museum you can check what was the miners life decades ago. Next to museum main building is located a military showcase: tanks, planes, etc. The showcase is always opened, so you can visit it even at midnight.Written January 22, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The statue is in the center of town, right next to the Heroes of the Red Banners monument and really erected as a result of a loose connection to same. The story is sort of available on Polish Wikipedia but I will attempt to explain and expand here. Dabrowa Gornicza was an important political center for the socialist movement and the fight for working class rights at the turn of the 20th century, in particular 1905, when many demonstrations in support of workers took place. Fast forward to 1970 when the concrete monument honoring the heroes of the socialist movement was installed. At a certain point in the early 1990's or in any case after 1989, a decision was made to destroy the Heroes monument, with the spaces designated for the dynamite to do the job. Someone protested, however, spray painting some pro-Hendrix graffiti on the monument, which later became known around town as the "Hendrix meeting spot" as in, "See you at the Hendrix." Officials decided not to destroy the Heroes monument and, in time, decided to build this Hendrix statue and bench, installed in 2012. The bench is also dedicated to Kurt Cobain, as evidenced by the writing on the back. Polish Wikipedia notes that Lech Walesa, Chuck Norris and Elvis Presley look-alikes were in attendance at the unveiling.Written December 30, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A typical monument that you might come across in any Eastern European country that used to be under communist rule. Even less surprising knowing the region's affiliations.Written May 21, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Constructed in the 50s of the 20th century, it looks like a former Communist Party House, but nowadays it is well maintained and it houses a theatre, galleries etc.Written July 25, 2022
- Good time, good fun, kids are happy there. We stayed for a week at the lake-very good facilities, you can get anything you need just by the beach, toilets are sparkling clean and prices are moderate.Written August 15, 2020
- I went there twice, once with a friend and second time with office colleagues as team event.
The service is good, pool tables are also good. We enjoyed the good time playing and beers. Will visit it againWritten December 30, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Dabrowa Gornicza
- The top attractions to visit in Dabrowa Gornicza are:
- Training Mine Sztygarka (Kopalnia Cwiczebna Sztygarka)
- City Museum of the Sztygarka
- Laweczka Hendrixa
- Heroes of the Red Banners Monument
- Pałac Kultury Zagłębia