- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- I was able to visit this beautiful monastery as part of my DayTrippers car ride from Warsaw to Krakov. It was so lovely. Lots of history here. I highly recommend visiting the museum, because the art is lovely, you can see the Nobel Peace Prize won by Lech Walesa, and there are some stunning modern portraits of Pope/Saint John Paul II. Poland is a very Catholic country, and given that he was from Poland, his images are everywhere. The treasure is the Black Madonna, a beautiful image of the Mary and baby Jesus. This image has had several miracles attributed to it, and several people make pilgrimages to this holy place.Written December 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This image of Mary and Jesus is the highpoint of the visit. Several miracles have been attributed to this image.Written December 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pilgrimages to this sanctuary are Polish tradition dating back centuries. You will appreciate beauty and importance of it more if you are catholic and of Polish ancestry, but any visitor will be affected by its holy aura. Make sure you come when the holy madonna painting is uncovered. You can find information on their website.Written May 22, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The world famous Black Madonna is located in the Pauline Monastery in Czestochowa. In the Chapel of the Virgin, the sacred icon is kept for veneration. This is considered the most sacred place in Poland. The icon is magnificent. During the last century, it was vandalized and slashed with a knife. When it was restored, a scar was painted as a reminder of where the art work was slashed. We visited on a Sunday and the crowds were enormous; there to attend Mass.Written October 5, 2018
- nice place clean , very organized close to the stations , historical place with full information , very nice place for photosWritten April 24, 2018
- This place is the main street of Czestochowa. Aleje (Avenues) were designed in 1826 when the city has experienced big industrial development . Many historical tenements, central walking passage, monuments, tourists/pilgrims, restaurants, coffees are close to Jasna Gora Monastery in the city centre of Czestochowa. If you going to visit Jasna Góra sanctuary you have to remember about walking by this representative street. This avenue is connected by buses and trams with other parts of Czestochowa. Two cinemas, art galleries, museums are there too. You can catch the bus to the ruins of the Olsztyn castle very close to Aleje NMP (Piłsudskiego Street/Railway station). I can recommended to see Aleje NMP avenue for example at 13-14, 25 August (if you want to see many pilgrims from other parts of Poland). GreetingsWritten May 6, 2017
- the main avenue in the city ceter that ends where is the monastery. mostly banks and shops the closer to the monastery the better it gets with mainly restaurants and bars. this is also the area where they have local and foreign produce sold occasionallyWritten February 1, 2020
- This is a very passionate crowded place if you are going for the speedway racing. Lots of high spirits, families and beer!
the green shirts and scarves with lions on them is Czestochowa homes team who are kept separate from the rivals as I said before passions run high.
though they are a quite a friendly crowd its best to go with someone who speaks polish unless you Know a bit yourself just to buy tickets and beer.
If you want a seat get there an hour in advance at the very least but not to close to the front or you will be sprayed with dust and gravel from the track.
my family really enjoyed it though the crowds were a bit daunting at first for the kids once we found a space too see the track, they loved it.Written August 24, 2018
- side of a tower block is painted to look modern and clean located in the city center on the way to the monasteryWritten January 17, 2021
- It's worth seeing while you're around the corner visiting old Jewish quarter but to go to Czestochowa just for the purpose of sightseeing the Old Market Square is rather waste of time. Especially that one of the four sides of the square is totally deteriorated and spoiled by disgusting shopping pavilions from the 1970s or 1980s, terrible view really, even spooky... yuk. There are some little restaurants around but they were all closed during our visit so I cannot say if they're any good.Written January 22, 2018
- located in the city center so you cant miss it I prefer how it looks from outside as inside there is nothing specialWritten January 17, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Czestochowa
- These are the best places for kid-friendly sights & landmarks in Czestochowa:See more sights & landmarks for kids in Czestochowa on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking sights & landmarks in Czestochowa:See more sights & landmarks for groups in Czestochowa on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly sights & landmarks in Czestochowa:See more budget-friendly sights & landmarks in Czestochowa on Tripadvisor