Points of Interest & Landmarks • Piers & Boardwalks
What travelers are saying
- Nice pier in a less touristy location, especially when compared to Sopot pier. It is quite small, but the view of the tree-covered cliff is truly breathtaking and picturesque. I arrived around 11 a.m. and there were only a couple of people with dogs and babies, so I could relax. Then I walked for about an hour along the beach to Sopot. However, the train station is about a 15-minute walk away.Written October 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The view out onto the Baltic, really nice restaurants on the beach front. A lovely place for a stroll.Written March 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent value for money, and great to see such a historic ship in in near original condition.
The only thing I would have liked to see would be to be allowed round more of the ship, particularly the bridge / bridge wings and upper deck. The main deck is excellent, but it would be so much better to see more.
Also, I was surprised that there was no museum shop (there always is in the UK, perhaps it's any excuse to make more money from UK museums), but I would have through that a shop would sell lots of things like models of the ship etc.Written October 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took part in Kursk spectacle (by Teatr Gombrowicza) performed on board. That was a truly special experience.Written July 31, 2023
- Took a 40-minute Uber ride from Old Town Gdansk for $20 (before tip); no problem getting a return Uber. Interesting museum for general Polish history; fantastic for descendants of immigrants. All displays/signs/placards in Polish and English; English audioguide not necessary. Captures the reasons pushing people to emigrate and the ordeals experienced. Traces a family from origin to destination in the early 1900's from Poland to Bremen to Ellis Island and Chicago. Young emigrant women tricked into boarding vessels to Brazil and Asia to work as sex slaves in brothels (labeled roll of silk versus sack of potatoes). My grandfather made this same journey Silesia-Bremen-Ellis Island in 1912. Very well done.Written July 7, 2023
- Just needed a swimming pool and I would have been in heaven... seriously all you need under a single roof. Dropped off there on a cruise and had plenty of purchase and eat/drink options.Written July 12, 2023
- Popular place on the City but we were unable to see exotic animals there. You should go with low expectation as the place is not bigWritten August 19, 2023
- Great fun for the entire famlily, but especially for ages 2-12. Spacious, well ventilated and covid - conscious.Written January 2, 2022
- This is must if you’re in Gdynia. Good place to go for a walk, with plenty benches and many booths with ice creams, cakes or hot drinks. And amazing “Gift of Pomerania” - sailing ship, build in 1909, now open to public as museum.Written September 13, 2019
- I was living in childhood very close from this place and very often was walking there with my dog. Only good memories, gorgeous nature- I cannot describe it another as magic place.Written September 11, 2022
- Very iconic place in this part of Gdynia. But only can reach by boat or swim 😉
You can see this place in some movies.Written June 5, 2019
- This adventure park is located at the border of Gdynia and Sopot. You can try rope park, paintball, tyrolean traverse, off road and many other attrcations in 1 park. I have taken for 70pln All In package (Rope Course, Adrenaline Jump, Zip Wire). It was very interesting. Especially adrenalinę jump was something a littre scary but I have managed. Please take into consideration that if you pay you cannot count on money back so for people who are afraid is better to not take package but first try with the easiest attractions. A lot of people stop climbing after a few minutes.Written November 19, 2017
- This is one if those sculptures, which have a meaning only when you learn te story behind it - at the first glance it's just a family escaping from the city, but the dog left behind tells the rest of the story. When the families from Gdynia were ordered to leave, they were not allowed to take any animals with them - you can learn more by visiting Museum of the Gdynia City.Written December 27, 2019
- Very interesting and well-arranged museum with plenty of genuine exhibits (including one ship) illustrating the history of Polish Navy. It is not very big and for the most of visitors one hour is enough to see everything, however if you are a fan of military equipment you will probably spend a lot more time there. Descriptions of exhibits are really good and informative and there are several genuine and very interesting items, especially in the courtyard.
The only negative impression is the lack of proper maintenance of some outdoor equipment - there is too much flaking paint and rust on some of the exhibits.Written July 27, 2022
- A fine variety of items and shopkeepers. The small restaurant with polish cuisine (operated by mature ladies) is worth a trip in itself. Low priced and tastes to match twice the cost in other restaurants. The selection of fresh meats, fish, fruit and vegetables in the market is quire excellent.Written January 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Gdynia
- The best day trips from Gdynia according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Gdansk Sopot and Gdynia 3 Cities Private Full-Day Tour
- Gdansk, Sopot & Gdynia - Private 3 City Tour
- Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia Private Tour
- Gdansk Hel Peninsula Private Guided Tour Cruise or Car Transport
- Best of Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot in 1-Day Private Car Tour
- The most popular things to do in Gdynia with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Orlowo Pier
- Emigration Museum in Gdynia
- Kępa Redłowska & Klif Orłowski
- Dar Pomorza - Oddzial Centralnego Muzeum Morskiego
- Kosciuszki Square
Gdynia Attractions Information