Points of Interest & Landmarks • Piers & Boardwalks
Top Attractions in Gdynia
What travelers are saying
- Nice pier in a less touristy location, especially when compared to Sopot pier. It is quite small, but the view of the tree-covered cliff is truly breathtaking and picturesque. I arrived around 11 a.m. and there were only a couple of people with dogs and babies, so I could relax. Then I walked for about an hour along the beach to Sopot. However, the train station is about a 15-minute walk away.Written October 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent museum and required viewing if in Gdynia (but not worth coming from Gdańsk just to see this museum).
Lots of photos and interactive displays explaining the reasons and destinations of successive waves of Polish emigration.
It was free on Wednesday but that meant there were quite a few groups of children.Written July 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful big beach. Would reccomend taking the walk down to the beach and if you go in the summer, take the day off to relax here.Written October 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent value for money, and great to see such a historic ship in in near original condition.
The only thing I would have liked to see would be to be allowed round more of the ship, particularly the bridge / bridge wings and upper deck. The main deck is excellent, but it would be so much better to see more.
Also, I was surprised that there was no museum shop (there always is in the UK, perhaps it's any excuse to make more money from UK museums), but I would have through that a shop would sell lots of things like models of the ship etc.Written October 23, 2022
- I was living in childhood very close from this place and very often was walking there with my dog. Only good memories, gorgeous nature- I cannot describe it another as magic place.Written September 11, 2022
- When we made trip to Gdynia visiting this beautiful sailing ship was on our list. I knew about if from my dad who visited it many years ago. And its magnificent. If you like this type of ships, it's really must visit. The history is very good written on the information panels which are in Polish and English. You have to pay ticket on the board which was 12 PLN zl per person for non-guided tour around. There is also a small shop with items for tourists.Written October 6, 2022
- Very good mall with so many stores, variety of options and prices and a big auchin store there also so you can do all shopping in one placeWritten May 26, 2022
- This is must if you’re in Gdynia. Good place to go for a walk, with plenty benches and many booths with ice creams, cakes or hot drinks. And amazing “Gift of Pomerania” - sailing ship, build in 1909, now open to public as museum.Written September 13, 2019
- Great fun for the entire famlily, but especially for ages 2-12. Spacious, well ventilated and covid - conscious.Written January 2, 2022
- Very iconic place in this part of Gdynia. But only can reach by boat or swim 😉
You can see this place in some movies.Written June 5, 2019
- This Aquarium is quite small. Those who have visited, for example, the aquarium in Toronto, will probably be disappointed here. In several smaller aquariums you can see fish and flora from the Baltic region, there is also an Amazonia section and aquariums depicting coral reefs. There are moray eels, a small crocodile and also two large snakes to be seen.
At the time I was there (at noon) there was no queue for tickets but there were a lot of people inside. I think it is certainly not a highlight attraction in Gdynia, but if you like this type of attraction, the Aquarium is definitely worth a visit. Ticket costs 35 zł.Written July 17, 2022
- This is one if those sculptures, which have a meaning only when you learn te story behind it - at the first glance it's just a family escaping from the city, but the dog left behind tells the rest of the story. When the families from Gdynia were ordered to leave, they were not allowed to take any animals with them - you can learn more by visiting Museum of the Gdynia City.Written December 27, 2019
- This is very nice and interesting place not only for children. There You can see and take apart in experiments, visualisations, interactive presentations. If you are interested in Science, biology, phisics or other It is great place for adults and children. :)Written August 25, 2018
- Swietojanska Street is the main street of Gdynia. It is possible to find many shops, cafes and restaurants on this street. Also it is possible to have access to everywhere from here.Written July 1, 2020
- This adventure park is located at the border of Gdynia and Sopot. You can try rope park, paintball, tyrolean traverse, off road and many other attrcations in 1 park. I have taken for 70pln All In package (Rope Course, Adrenaline Jump, Zip Wire). It was very interesting. Especially adrenalinę jump was something a littre scary but I have managed. Please take into consideration that if you pay you cannot count on money back so for people who are afraid is better to not take package but first try with the easiest attractions. A lot of people stop climbing after a few minutes.Written November 19, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Gdynia
- The best day trips from Gdynia according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Gdansk Sopot and Gdynia 3 Cities Private Full-Day Tour
- Car Sightseeing In Gdansk And Tricity (Car Tours)
- Gdansk: Bachelor & Hen Party Packages
- Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia Private Tour
- TriCity Tour (Gdansk, Gdynia, Sopot) - PRIVATE (8h)
- The most popular things to do in Gdynia with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Kępa Redłowska & Klif Orłowski
- Orlowo Pier
- Emigration Museum in Gdynia
- Dar Pomorza - Oddzial Centralnego Muzeum Morskiego
- Kosciuszki Square
Gdynia Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 5:34 AM|