Speciality Museums • Natural History Museums
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- It’s definitely special museum, even if about the best thing that you can find here, on the North, near the seashore. Amber, the brightest fossil of the local soil, has been worshiping as a unique material since the first craftsman has stared making toys, jewellery and miscellaneous things.
From the outside the museum looks like an old temple - the right place, in my opinion, to put such important items. But the interior seems to be very modern and urbanistique. We’ve come as a family of two adults and two children, and the tickets were bearable, even affordable for such masterpiece. The museum is divided by several floors with different timelines and specialisation. Nevertheless, the first floor was quit boring for me due to the very broad explanation of amber’s deep and wide history. But, to be honest, it could be interesting for those who are keen to navigate through these timelines easily. Then, the amber itself, the furniture, jewellery, toys, bigger masterpieces and its history - you could find everything about amber there! Also, you are able to play some chess or checkers on the second or third floor.
Also, as a bonus, there is a gift shop on the first floor, where you can buy some jewellery from amber, as well as local merch. It definitely worths your time!Written July 16, 2022
- Poland has been thru a lot, but has also a lot of good history to be proud and greatful fore. This museum do show you that.Written September 6, 2019
- The park outside was covered in snow and all the lakes were frozen. It was very atmospheric. Although the air temperature rose a few degrees inside the Abbots Palace we didn't exactly get a warm welcome. It was cheap to get in but the girl on the desk was frostier than the ground outside and all the gallery staff followed us around as though were about to fill our bags with art off the walls.
The art was good though and served as a decent introduction to Polish artwork through the past couple of centuries.Written February 13, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Gdansk
- These are the best places for budget-friendly art museums in Gdansk:See more budget-friendly art museums in Gdansk on Tripadvisor