Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Just visited Beats for love festival , which is the biggest festival in Central Europe. So cool historic area. Except of summer festivals there are absolutely great tours .Written July 12, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I loved my trip to the Zoo. It's huge and very well maintained. The vegetation is wonderful with lots of old and tall trees.
Animals seems happy.
You can even feed some goats with pallets (provided by distributors) and observe from very close some guinea pigs.
It's a lovely place to spend an afternoon.Written May 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting tour with guide. I wished I understood Czech, though. The guide seemed to make some great jokes which I missed out on. Great examples of old machinery. Seems like they just walked away from the mine and left all the machines and equipment at the end of the socialist period.Written July 19, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So glad that we unplanned got there! And there are a few reasons to go the city hall.
1) building itself is nice outside and gorgeous inside!
2) modern comfortable elevator;
3) very friendly staff speaking different languages:
4) in-price guide, who tells everything about the city, ask any questions, gives advices about places to see, cafes to go etc.
5) reasonable price (60 czech kron/person = 2,5 euro)
6) bird-view on the whole city!
In nice weather I would stay there for hours.Written May 7, 2022
- Ostrava lures by its name but the town will surely not knock you out. You can afford a pleasant walk along the Ostravice River but that's it - one of the few attractions.Written July 18, 2023
- Went to Cinderella ballet. Gorgeous theater. People there very friendly even though we didn't speak Czech.Written February 12, 2019
- A well placed shopping centre with all that you may need and expect from such a place. Convenient parking facilities if you are coming by car.Written August 14, 2018
- It was very large and very run. It is a fresh water pool that is filtered, so the water is sweet. There are many different depths for all swimming abilities. You can bring towel, snacks, sunscreen and enjoy the day. It has bathrooms, some snack booths to purchase food. It was the best way to stay refreshed in the hot summer! It is only open in the summer. Check the website for most accurate hours.Written August 7, 2023
- We've visited the place with our little kids many times. It's big enough, with a lot of models and there's always a lot to do and see. The only thing I'd change is the scientific part and the look of the models. It's been known for decades that dinosaurs - at least some of them - had feathers, but the guys behind the franchise don't seem to be up to date with science. Also, some of the descriptions contain mistakes.Written July 9, 2022
- Interesting excursion to coal mine and lecter about mine rescues. The tour in mine shows how people exploited coal in past and now. Rescue part is also interesting.Written November 19, 2019
- I discovered this street by Accident
It's the main and liveliest street in Ostrava
Plenty of Bars a few Irish themed ones as well. Reasonable prices all round Variety of different food . It Was fairly quiet on the Wednesday and Thursday evening until 9 -10 O'clock them got a bit more lively. Apparently at the weekends it's Really busy.Written July 18, 2019
- This was 5th center we visited so far. Great experience. Well organized. Not queues in front of each experiment. The most impressive experiment for me - the magnetic fluids. Really WOW. The "children world" in the same building also recommended for children below 6. Also worth to mention the cafeteria with very extended lunch menu.Written August 1, 2019
- If You want to see par for Poland, SLovakia and Czechia You have to stop here and go to viewing tower. We were not so lucky and have not ideal weather, but we still enjoyed it :-)Written July 28, 2022
- Forget about the cafe, it is your average Joe - tiny, impossible to reach and in all the possible ways, nothing special. BUT, it has a view, "catwalk" outside the tower that are worth all the effort to get there. It is super complicated - you need a ticket, you need someone to come and pick you up (and take down as well), and the whole process takes time.
But then suddenly you are on top of Ostrava, in a ex coal and steel manufacturer in a super cool building. Enjoy the views, walk and the fact that the name, Bolt, comes from Usain Bolt himself.Written July 16, 2019
- Near village Polanka/Odrou railway crossing and station starts from road No. 478 natural path - from the beginning next door ponds, than path nearly disappears for soon joins wider path with small bridge over local stream. After bridge You can turn to the left to meadows and forest or go straight ahead throw forest. In the end You will reach river Odra and its meanders. All that way is in natural reserve so picking up flowers is forbidden. On the river You can see some birds ducks, swans, herons eat. The best time for visiting is early spring or late autumn.Written November 19, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Ostrava
Ostrava Attractions Information