Historic Sites • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Ostrava
What travelers are saying
- concerts in these spaces have a great atmosphere, I really liked it. In addition, there are several places in the area where you can goWritten June 8, 2022
- I loved my trip to the Zoo. It's huge and very well maintained. The vegetation is wonderful with lots of old and tall trees.
Animals seems happy.
You can even feed some goats with pallets (provided by distributors) and observe from very close some guinea pigs.
It's a lovely place to spend an afternoon.Written May 21, 2022
- Very interesting mining museum, friendly funny guides (experienced miners), not expensive. During the exposion they will take you underground for about an hour. The surrounding area is also very nice for walking or picnic and there are nice restaurants to eat and drink too.Written June 20, 2021
- So glad that we unplanned got there! And there are a few reasons to go the city hall.
1) building itself is nice outside and gorgeous inside!
2) modern comfortable elevator;
3) very friendly staff speaking different languages:
4) in-price guide, who tells everything about the city, ask any questions, gives advices about places to see, cafes to go etc.
5) reasonable price (60 czech kron/person = 2,5 euro)
6) bird-view on the whole city!
In nice weather I would stay there for hours.Written May 7, 2022
- Forget about the cafe, it is your average Joe - tiny, impossible to reach and in all the possible ways, nothing special. BUT, it has a view, "catwalk" outside the tower that are worth all the effort to get there. It is super complicated - you need a ticket, you need someone to come and pick you up (and take down as well), and the whole process takes time.
But then suddenly you are on top of Ostrava, in a ex coal and steel manufacturer in a super cool building. Enjoy the views, walk and the fact that the name, Bolt, comes from Usain Bolt himself.Written July 16, 2019
- This was 5th center we visited so far. Great experience. Well organized. Not queues in front of each experiment. The most impressive experiment for me - the magnetic fluids. Really WOW. The "children world" in the same building also recommended for children below 6. Also worth to mention the cafeteria with very extended lunch menu.Written August 1, 2019
- Interesting tour with guide. I wished I understood Czech, though. The guide seemed to make some great jokes which I missed out on. Great examples of old machinery. Seems like they just walked away from the mine and left all the machines and equipment at the end of the socialist period.Written July 19, 2018
- Nice green area close to the city-center. Pleasant to walk both sides, but the best view on this place is from the viewing tower in the city hall.Written May 7, 2022
- A well placed shopping centre with all that you may need and expect from such a place. Convenient parking facilities if you are coming by car.Written August 14, 2018
- We've visited the place with our little kids many times. It's big enough, with a lot of models and there's always a lot to do and see. The only thing I'd change is the scientific part and the look of the models. It's been known for decades that dinosaurs - at least some of them - had feathers, but the guys behind the franchise don't seem to be up to date with science. Also, some of the descriptions contain mistakes.Written July 9, 2022
- I discovered this street by Accident
It's the main and liveliest street in Ostrava
Plenty of Bars a few Irish themed ones as well. Reasonable prices all round Variety of different food . It Was fairly quiet on the Wednesday and Thursday evening until 9 -10 O'clock them got a bit more lively. Apparently at the weekends it's Really busy.Written July 18, 2019
- If You want to see par for Poland, SLovakia and Czechia You have to stop here and go to viewing tower. We were not so lucky and have not ideal weather, but we still enjoyed it :-)Written July 28, 2022
- It's always nice to get on the top, nice walk. It's well spent time and btw Halda Ema is still smoking.Written May 7, 2019
- The cathedral is known as the Big Red Church - however, not a long time ago it was repainted and it is 'white coffee' colour now. The Jesus Christ statue high up on the outside is quite impressive.Written October 16, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Ostrava