- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Concerts & Shows
What travelers are saying
- This theatre is the best in Brno I think! Perfect actors,very interesting technical/light effects and absolutelly uniqe atmosphere!Written November 2, 2014This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The theater has a beautiful look, the design was made by Fellner + Helmer. The beauty of the theater was created by the use of several historical styles. Interestingly, this theater was opened almost simultaneously with the Prague National Theater and the New York Metropolitan Theater.Written August 27, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very polite waiter. First, I had drink called Gemini. Not so strong with a lot of fruits. Then I asked for a surprise with tonic. Waiter and barman offered me the drink with ginger beer and let me choose form ginger beer and ginger lemonade before the barman prepared it, which I really appreciated. I liked the drink so much! My friend ordered the same and they told us that they are not sure if they can make the same, as this was really personalized. As the last drink, I asked for something with tonic, and again, I asked to be surprised. Another good drink! So it seems that the barman knows his thing.
The interior is something that lovers of older style might like. Me and my friend sat behind the piano with candle light which made a nice atmosphere.Written October 26, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The theatre was opened in 1965, that time the largest and most modern theatre in Czechia. We had a Tosca opera performance with very good voices and interesting regie.Written March 18, 2019
- Do like hip places? If so, you can't miss Anoda. Great place for work, drink with a friend or even bar/party vibe during evenings. I have celebrated my B-day here with a group of about 25 people, the staff was very friendly and accommodated all our needs. They also arranged brilliant DJs so we truly enjoyed it. Dog friendly ;) If you visit Brno and like hipster places, come here for a drink!Written August 4, 2020
- We visited this theatre of popular czech actor/showman/mim Bolek Polivka for children puppet performance of Spejbl&Hurvinek. Friendly staff,perfect timing and nice location.Written July 22, 2014
- Clubwash is a cool place to meet with your friends (and other people), to drink beer/wine/tea but mostly - to play a pubquiz! it's the best place to play an English pubquiz each Thursday, as well as regular Czech one from Monday till Wednesday. Bartenders are very nice and smoking is not allowed there anymore so you needn't worry about reeking as an ashtray after spending an evening there :)Written December 5, 2017
- one of the most respected entertainment for kids. most of the kids shows are sold out and is worth to visit (if you understand czech language of course)Written April 24, 2016
- I would like to try some event happening here. I visited the place with my friend just to finally try it and have some drink. We didn't stay at stand-up comedy show that was starting at 8 PM on that day, but I guess I will return to the place for some other event.
The first floor of the place is dedicated mostly for table sitting, and there is also a bar to sit behind. The tables are waited. Me and my friend got something called silent menu. I asked what is it and I was explained that because of the event that is happening later, the menu is reduced to some drinks for which the preparation doesn't make any noise, such as shaking the drink in a shaker. This was fine with us, as you still have a quantum of options to choose from.
The counter fridges at the place offer cakes and also some non-sweet snacks. Me and my friend went for cheese and ham place. That was served with a basked of bread. That was more than enough for dinner for 2 people. I would appreciate bigger variation of cheese on that place, but then - ham options were great! I especially liked the dark meat cuts. It seemed to be beef ham.
The second underground floor is more like theater and it serves primarily for events and performances.
I like very much the waitresses and the barman. They were really nice and they seemed like they know what they do and that this is not their part time job, or so.Written July 26, 2020