*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Fantastic, employees knew what they were talking about. Long and detailed and a very unique experience to go into the cellers. Well, worth the day trip!Written November 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited during poor weather in November, and found it a bit hard to access from the tram stop, but it was worth the effort. We have seen a cheetah, snow leopard, Amur leopard, and a pack of lions - with a sweet lion cub :) the zoo is also combined with a botanical garden, so it must be really lovely in the spring and summer.Written November 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fascinating tour, but make sure you know where to go and show up on time! Otherwise, they're pretty rude.A really fascinating underground tour of the complex of tunnels and small rooms that families allowed to brew beer in the 14th century dug by hand. Be warned, this tour originates from a building that is NOT within the Pilsen Brewery, but is in the old city town square, which is at least a 20 minute walk from the Brewery. We didn't realize this and by the time we found the building, our tour had started. The women at the ticket office were quite upset with us, and while we tried to explain we would be happy to join the next tour in whatever language it was in, as we realized we were late. Just a note to them - yelling at us in Czech doesn't make us understand you any better. But one employee did walk us down throught the tunnels to catch up with the English tour, which was about 10-15 minutes into the tour, although she clearly wasn't happy about doing this. Our male tour guide was wonderful - he obviously loved the history and heritage of his city. There are some extremely tight spaces to walk through, so if you have a thing for being in tight spaces underground, this might not be for you. But the few tight spaces open up into larger spaces that are not so confined. The area around the Underground Tour office is within the old city square and is beautiful!Written November 25, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So much more interesting and educational then the Pilsner Urquell Brewery tour. This place provides tons of background on brewing beer with a large number of artifacts. Everything in English also.Written October 18, 2019
- Impressive from the outside but from the inside even more so. Lavish but in a stylish way. Much bigger than I expected and understand one of the largest in the world. Hols small exhibitions at timesWritten October 6, 2023
- St Bartholomew’s is most impressive from the outside (you can pay a small fee to climb to the top). The Christmas market here featured a blacksmith, and a mini petting zoo with pony/donkey/goats, as well as the usual food/drinks/souvenirs/ornaments/gingerbread. Some of the vendors are more friendly/welcoming than others.Written February 12, 2023
- Amigiheiev Shukla thank you sir ji for this lovely 😍 and y i u have i yy to me and my mom is a very goodWritten September 22, 2023
- Christmas markets was on so nice atmosphere. Only a small square and quite quiet apart from the market, very attractive old townWritten December 1, 2022
- Brighter building facing the square and church. Looks like a classic old town house from a few hundred years ago but stand outWritten December 1, 2022
- Historical artefacts about the struggle coming from the Czech Resistance and how they overcome the odds to liberate the Plzen city with the assistance of the US Armor Forces. (the 16th Armored Division and elements of the 97th and 2nd Infantry Divisions liberated Pilsen)
Simple and yet fascinating appealing attraction if you are a WW2 Fan. Don't missed it. It is just located behind the mall - Plzen Plaza.Written December 19, 2022
- The puppets are a tradition in Czechia. The Loutek Puppet Museum is an enchanted place for children and also for adults. You can touch and play with many of the dolls and you can even prepare your own show. It is increbible! It is a must in Plzen!Written August 28, 2021
- Take the opportunity to photograph or just take in the spleandour of this monument. Easily found in this square of Pilsen.Written July 1, 2019
- It was a fun place to visit on A nice sunny day. Lots of fun with the children but not to be taken to seriously. Lots of children so be warned lolWritten August 20, 2018
- I think this is one of the best religious museum what we have ever seen. The former monastry was wonderfully renovated - the artifacts are real gems. The Saint Barbora chapel with it paintings from the 14. century are amazing! The "Jewl Case" and the Monastry Library are both great.Written July 21, 2017
- In a suburb of Plzeň, a fruit garden was converted over years into this meditation garden - a vow of a political prisoner if he would survive. Found best with its GPS data (GPS: 49° 43′ 6″ N, 13° 23′ 17″ E), this is a place if you want to set your mind to peace.
Make your preparation before, unless you are fluent in Czech or with a guide. Currently open Wed-Sunday 10 - 17 h.
Luboš Hruška was 22 when he was condemned because he wanted to flee communist Czechoslovakia. He spent more than 10 years in different prisons and work camps. Torture damaged his health for life. Sharing his cell with priests, he found his way to god and became baptized. He promised that if he would ever survive and become free, he would convert his garden into a memorial - which he did, starting secretly under the communist regime. The small chapel, built after the revolution, is dedicated to Maximilian Kolbe.Written May 8, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions about Pilsen
- The best day trips from Pilsen according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Private Tour to Pilsner Urquell from Prague
- Prague-Munich One-Way Sightseeing Day Tour
- Munich-Prague One-Way Sightseeing Tour Bus
- Pilsner Urquell brewery and Pilsen City Private tour from Prague All-Inclusive
- WINE, FOOD & BEER TOUR from Prague to PILSEN
Pilsen Attractions Information
|Wednesday 1:13 PM|