- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Concerts & Shows
What travelers are saying
- This year I have bought tickets for a couple of performances, The Hound of the Baskervilles, and Da Vinci. The ticket purchasing system has been simplified, and printed tickets are no longer needed, electronic tickets are scanned from your cell phone. Be aware, that even on a rainy day, you must show up and wait till official decision is made to cancel the performance. We drove 35 minutes in absolute torrential rain, with thunder and lightning, waited with a crowd of people till 9.30 pm, at which time the rain has subsided and an official decision was announced, the after a delay of 15 minutes, the performance will start. Surprise! We had blankets, warm clothes and rain ponchos, so we were able to sit on the wet seats fairly comfortably, and amazingly, the rain stayed away. As far as the Hound of the Baskervilles story - not the best, few jokes were attempted, no music, fairly boring. I am hoping Da Vinci will be more entertaining. But the castle grounds theater setting is just spectacular.Written July 9, 2022
- The Baroque Theatre is amazing; definitely a must see in Cesky Krumlov. After touring it, we were so impressed that we made a second trip back to Cesky Krumlov two months later to see a performance in the theatre. After the performance, we were able to linger, enjoy the building and nobody rushed us out. Wonderful experience.Written October 3, 2022
- Already the visit of Cesky Krumlov is among the most beautiful experiences. Extensive historical part of the town literally breathes the atmosphere of the Middle Ages, a picturesque image illustrates the Vltava River, which winds around. While walking along the river you can admire the arches Covered Bridge, which towers above the riverbed and connects parts of the chateau. It decides not miss a tour of the chateau - chateau in Czech Krumlov is the second largest in the Czech Republic. Plan your trip with an overnight stay and if you have the opportunity to get tickets to the revolving theater in the castle garden, definitely visit it. You will experience beautiful theater in the wings of the castle garden, in the auditorium, which will turn around, always just to the current scene. Performances are held in the evening, when the mysterious shadows of trees spotlighting the magic of this experience. If you are unable to visit the castle theater, no problem, even just a walk illuminated, evening Krumlov is charming and magical. Czech Krumlov I visited several times, revolving theater as well and we always like to return there. At each visit, the city enchants me something new and its beauty gives me new energy.Written April 26, 2016
- From 1613 onwards the Jesuits used this former Theatre building for school and theatrical purposes. Theatre performances were often connected to poetry reading and or oratorial practice. School semesters often ended with theatre performances and students with successful performances were specially rewarded. Around 1613 a wooden stage with animated scene was was set up in the courtyard in, mid 17th century the stage was moved to a brick building that was specially rebuilt for this purpose, in 1663 an extensive Interior renovation. At that time the theatre covered the entire floor of the building. Gigs had primarily a biblical or religious history, or fiction stories with a great emotional religious and moral influence, all of this performed in Latin. Although the Jesuit order was dissolved late 18th century, the building still serves as the City Theatre.Written September 23, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions about Cesky Krumlov
- These places are best for concerts & shows in Cesky Krumlov:See more concerts & shows in Cesky Krumlov on Tripadvisor