Speciality Museums • Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- You have to visit this place when you have the chance. It’s lovely experience, you can walk through the whole house by yourself just with an audio guide. We paid a little extra money and enjoyed being actually photographed in the historic atelier and in the costumes. Definitely recommend that too. Big thank you to the people there, especially the young guy at the counter. He was really sweet and professional!Written July 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- as you walk along this medieval town you will get to admire all the different types of old anciet looking house and museum.Written February 26, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We just loved it: a unique story of the moldavite mineral told in a modern and enjoyable exposition. We learned a lot, relaxed gazing at the green magical stones and had a lot of fun with the simulator and the kids game.Written March 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Interesting also nice customer service. Everything was clean and neat. The employee was very helpful and nice. It deserves the 5 starsWritten November 16, 2022
- Cute (and free) little museum, showcasing some of the history of the region via its commercial products, more or less. There's actually quite a number of items, and the placards explaining the item collections are written in a few languages (including English). There's also a little gift shop section near the entrance/exit if you want to buy some replicas of old timey things.Written November 30, 2021
- It is a must see if you want to know more about the history of this city. It covers all periods of history since stone age.Written February 28, 2020
- Graphite Mine - Grafitovy Dul Cesky Krumlov - wow experience, really off the beaten path experience for me.Written September 29, 2017
- Very interesting museum. It had quite a few wax figures which was nice to see. It was a mix of Czech figures and international ones. I like the part where they showed how people looked like in the old days and drank in the pub or worked in the mines. The wax figues were looked very realistic which spooked me out a few times.
It was a short exhibition though, which we finished looking through very quick.Written April 17, 2022
- En route to the castle we saw a sign for an “underground city.” Naturally we had to detour. It was actually an exhibit for a single, very angsty artist, Miroslav Pirál, who specialized in bronze sculptures. The creepy setting was perfect for his morbid art. But the descriptions, thankfully available in English, were very clear and meaningful. He spoke of learning about “empty suitcases” left behind from murdered Jews, of how Czech people turned inward to their TV’s, alcohol, and cabins in the woods to deny to themselves the oppression of Soviet rule. And he shared about the horrors of free reign, post-Communism including the advancement of the sex industry and loss of job security – among other things – when the Soviets left. It was truly moving.Written November 18, 2018
- We had some time to kill in town and decided to check this little museum out. It's really more someone's private collection of puppets than a museum per se, but an interesting way to spend some time. Warning, LOTS of steep steps. Quite a variety of puppets of all sizes. Very inexpensive.Written September 1, 2019
- This is a lovely little museum just by the castle steps. An amazing selection of marionettes of various ages. Up in the rafters of an old building it was a little stuffy but well worth the visitWritten June 3, 2018
- If your into old cz motorbikes and jawas,even some old pedal pushers. it's a cool place to see. Located inside a resturant 3rd floor.Written July 4, 2018
- Located in city centre on Main Square, easy to locate. Cool exibits showing dark side of history. Could be a bit bigger..Written September 26, 2021
- The artwork in this shop is original and lovely and also very funny. I definitely recommend this shop. Hovewer we missed puzzle. It will be very nice if those nice pictures could be turned to puzzles.Written November 13, 2019
- I came here with my 3 y/o granddaughter, who could not quite grasp the concept of 3D, but followed instructions about hand position and facial expressions and the final photos came out great. The place is small, we were glad to be the only visitors given the Covid 19 precautions. Some images on the wall had damage - paint peeling - and it showed on our photos.Written September 14, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Cesky Krumlov
- These are the best places for couples seeking museums in Cesky Krumlov:See more museums for couples in Cesky Krumlov on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for museums in Cesky Krumlov:See more hidden gem museums in Cesky Krumlov on Tripadvisor