It was a really good tour! Worth the investment.
Things to consider:
- Yes, the road to get to the Port is full of holes (something the government has to improve) and may be a bumpy ride, but is not that bad if you go with someone that knows the road.
- As indicated, mobile reception is fluctuating and only works with some agencies.
- Depending on the season you go, you may encounter with several rains. We just went and it rained just once, for about 10 min.
- There are bathrooms but they aren't as clean as one would wish.
- There are no garbage cans so please take your trash to the restaurants so the natives can help you with it.
- There aren't showers where you can clean from the salty water. Just in case you were wondering.
- The trip demands you to move a lot, not having a lot of time to really sit and relax for hours. So go light, don't carry too much stuff with you.
- There are some palm trees and some wood benches to sit.
- It also demands good physical conditions to get in and out of the boat in every island/pool.
- Take cash with you, at least 50 bucks in small amounts, in case of emergencies. You wont need to use it all unless you wanna buy stuff.
- The agency organized the tour really good.
- The people involved were really attentive and kind. They knew their stuff.
- San Blas Islands (Perro chico and Diablo) are really beautiful, they have the basics to have a good time.
- We had a great time in the natural pools.
- You get really good pictures form the trip and meet new people, from all over the world.
Things to improve:
- We had a setback in our arrival, cause being Holy Thursday there were more cars than usual so we waited around 1 hour 30 min until reaching the stop to pay the territory fees. the ride to the Port lasted 5 hours in total (From the Novotel hotel to the port).
- The Tour says Snorkeling included but our guides never told us when we were going to snorkeling nor offered the equipment to use it in the natural pools. Maybe because of the setback, i dont know.
- Some boats had a ladder to help people get in the boat, i think this would have being great if our boat had it.
In my personal experience, i would have liked to stay more time in each island, so next time ill visit just two or stay in one the whole day. Overall, its a excellent trip if you want to go to the beach and disconnect from your day to day schedule.