What travelers are saying
- Very interesting experience with a knowledgeable guide.Fantastic to see how well cared for the animals are.
Daniel was very cordial too.Written September 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful park to see on a day trip from Quito. We went to the lagoon - La Mica (?) And there were nice trails there for walking/hiking with gorgeous vistas. Look for condors in this area. There was a viewpoint on the way overlooking the cliffs where several nest and we were lucky enough to see a few.Written February 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Guides were excellent. We had Jorge as our experienced rafter and he made the trip. Always felt very in control while also having a great laugh the whole way around. 10/10 would recommend to a friend.Written April 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Furnishings were nice,meal service was good and staff support e excellent..overall environment very pleasant and very well maitainedWritten October 5, 2023
- It really is definitely a divine experience, it has very beautiful landscapes, but if you do not dare to go you will never know. Then dare to know this magical placeWritten December 5, 2022
- We had an excellent late-afternoon bird-watching outing, guided by Carlos, operating the boat, and Jorge Luna, who had guided us for 10 days in Ecuador. We saw 44 species of birds over a couple of hours.Written December 10, 2022
- Unique experience in the underwater caves is not for the claustrophobic or aquaphobic but a great adventure, not touristy at all , thoroughly enjoyed by my 20,18 and 13 year old children as well as my husband and me.Written February 11, 2020
- Great hike! The falls weren’t as big as I’d hoped but it’s been a very dry season this year. Still beautiful though.Written October 5, 2023
- Amazing trip with river people Ecuador. Tim has been working with me for a weekend stepping up my game daily. This is a must for any kayaker. It's deep in the jungle, with amazing views.Written January 22, 2022
- This zoo houses many rescue animals that were interesting. The grounds were very pleasant to walk around. Thoroughly recommend this zoo.Written January 4, 2018
- Water has been redirected by mother nature. There are threads saying it was a land slide and/or a creator that opened some feet before falls. Either way no more falls.Written March 19, 2020
- This is a great place to chill and adventure at the same time. You can drive really close to the waterfall and then take a 5 minute walk from the parking lot to the actual waterfall. It's really strong and majestic, you can take a dip nearby (not too close to it) and best part is only 1 USD entrance per person.Written October 13, 2017
- This was one of our most adventurous walks. It was raining so it made everything very slippery. We had to climb over rocks, fallen trees, into small waterfalls, saw some little black monkeys and finally reached the canyon.
The canyon itself is nice, not that spectacular.Written March 25, 2019
- Travelling with two friends, I decided to take this trip. I have done this before and was not disappointed this time either. Canoe was in good shape. Life jackets in order. We visited a cool place on the rainforest and got a tour with explanations of medicinal plants, customs etc. also visited a Kichwa village which was a bit weird.....not authentic as they just sit around and wait for tourists to come....then they get you to pay so they dance. I hated that part!!! We actually paid them NOT to dance. It seemed like a zoo.....very demeaning.
We did enjoy seeing and purchasing a few local crafts and the tilapia and yucca meal was amazing along with guayusa tea.
I am a spanish speaker but the guides don't speak enough English to be able to communicate well. They need to consider having someone to accompany the groups to translate.Written November 3, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Napo Province
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Napo Province:
- Papallacta Hot Spring, Guango Birdwatching Reserve Private Tour
- Tropical Escape: 3-Day Amazon Rainforest Tour from Quito to Napo
- Antisana and Condors Watching Day Trip
- Relaxation around Quito? Papallacta's Termal Springs Private Tour
- Papallacta Hot Springs Spa Resort
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Napo Province:See more nature & parks for couples in Napo Province on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for nature & parks in Napo Province:See more hidden gem nature & parks in Napo Province on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous nature & parks in Napo Province:See more adventurous nature & parks in Napo Province on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for nature & parks in Napo Province:See more nature & parks for adrenaline seekers in Napo Province on Tripadvisor