Points of Interest & Landmarks • Churches & Cathedrals
19 places sorted by traveler favorites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- The little church, dating back to the XI century, may not be too impressive to the visitor from the outside, but once you get inside it's a real marvel. The largely Romanic interior with Bizantine influences really belongs to another world. And when you step outside again, you can almost see the monastery, which surrounded it. The Mount Velino becomes an apt background. And if you will look at the church again, you will notice, that the angle of the mountain matches the angle of the roof.Written May 6, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the most beautiful village in Abruzzo. 2 marvelous churches and a lot of trekking possibilities. 2 places where you can enjoy Italian food : Special gourmet restaurant or typical restaurant. And not even 100 km from Rome. Book on advance B&B. La Cunnola very niceWritten February 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mount Velino is the third highest peak in the Appennini, so if you have the chance, you should climb it to its top.
There are many ways to reach the top, from the hardest climbing path to the easy walks, you just have to choose and start walking.
The climbing on the easiest paths takes about 5 hours to be on top and 4 to go back to your cars, but the experience worths the time! The paths will take you among rock and woods, and also to some mountain springs were you'll be able to drink some very fresh water. There is also a shelter at midway where you can have some rest and eat the food you brought.
The climbing to the top will give you the chance to embrace with your sight almost all the Abruzzi region, and if the day is particularly clear, you could also see the Adriatic Sea on your left and St. Peter's Church in Rome on your right!Written May 28, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Magliano de' Marsi
- The best outdoor activities in Magliano de' Marsi according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Magliano de' Marsi on Tripadvisor
Magliano de' Marsi Attractions Information
|Sunday 8:46 AM|