Historic Sites • Wineries & Vineyards
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We visited Entally Estate when returning from Campbell Town. Not sure why its included under Launceston attractions when its some 16km distance. We got a feeling of history when we arrived at the carpark and spotted the mature trees and the attractive buildings from another era. Our visit was enhanced by the enthusiasm of the young lady who met us and gave a great overview of the history and the safety precautions that we should take when climbing the sharply angled stairs to the upstairs rooms. The place oozes history, the accessible rooms tastefully furnished in period style and aptly labelled. Remarkable treasures from a bygone era on display. More history outside, the chapel dating to 1840, the conservatory and walled garden, coach house and coach displays, stables and farmyard. Another highlight of Tasmania.Written May 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I walked here from the suspension bridge and then did the loop around on the other side of the river. It is really interesting to walk through the old turbine room.Written June 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The shop was opened by Robert Schott, a Melburnian and umbrella maker in 1907. It was operated by successive generations of the family until 1978 when the last descendant passed away. Closed for a short period and then taken over by the National Trust and renamed The Old Umbrella Shop. Two lovely lady volunteers in attendance and happily recounted the history of the shop for us. We liked the museum room with the umbrella collection and other memorabilia. Great range of souvenirs and gifts, and, umbrellas.Written May 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Launceston
- These places are best for historic sites in Launceston:See more historic sites in Launceston on Tripadvisor