- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
34 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 34
What travelers are saying
- This is a must do. The train is lovely with loads of space around the seats. The commentary is worth checking out, as is the open viewing carriage. My favourite part was Christchurch to Arthur’s Pass. There were some delays which added 30 minutes to the trip.Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a specular view on a clear and crisp August day. Well worth the trip out of Christchurch central, particularly if time won't allow a full visit to the alps. If you're thinking of venturing off the summit observation building, be prepared for a little mud and slush, particularly on walks to the lookout and fun emplacements.
The staff and the coffee at the summit are great.Written August 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good service, on time and hassle free. I booked the service very last minute, thanks for organizing it for me. Luke is very nice and reliable driver. Would recommend to everyone 😊Written August 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must do in Christchurch. Interesting commentary, friendly staff. Love that you can hop on & off all day.Written July 31, 2022
- We took the Lake Tekapo & Mt Cook Day tour with our excellent guide Mr Anuj and we had a great time! The company is world-class, knows how to run the tour, and looks after its customers very well. They come prepared with snacks, drinks, and even a poncho in case it rains if you’re doing any of the suggested glacier tracks. Mr Anuj was very knowledgeable of the area, a good conversationalist, and made the entire trip relaxed and very enjoyable. I would rate this 6 stars if I could - This company and the tour is highly recommended and looking foward to doing another tour with them.Written August 8, 2020
- We went to Hanmer Springs in New Zealand for snow adventure last July 29. We had contracted ChauffeurNZ for our transport. For a first timer in New Zealand it was indeed a great choice having Mike as our chauffeur who went an extra mile to give us a tour and even do a short stopover to take some pictures of the best scenaries we had on the way to Hanmer.
We've encountered heavy snow fall and closed roads on our return date to the airport but Mike was so carring to update us of the news and informed us what could possibly be done. I have to extend my stay in Hanmer and rebook my flight. After informing Mike of the changes he professionally check his engagement and reschedule our return trip. This could have been a nightmare but with Mike's assistance we manage to enjoy our stay in Hanmer Springs.
Thanks Mike and keep up your high standard of service. Cheers.Written August 9, 2022
- Dear Andrea, Alan and Carry,
My father Jose and I had a wonderful tour around the South Island. The Honda Africa Twin worked perfectly (I oiled the chain every two days as Alan suggested) and the tour suggested by Carrie was very good. We only had rain one day in Fox Glacier but did not bother us too much since we were staying there as planned. The roads are in splendid condition and it was a joy riding the bike across the mountains and lakes.
As I said to Andrea: I am proud of your company, its is reliable and friendly and be sure that I will come back to you in my next visit to NZ (probably to the North Island). Also, the people are friendly and helpful and the places clean and tidy. We had good food too!
Looking forward to the next holiday in NZ.
BelénWritten March 16, 2020
- A delightful area with pleasant walking and great views, you must try Murphys fish and chips up the side street, the best i have ever had in this part of the worldWritten March 20, 2020
- This company has a 'can do' approach. They collected us from Christchurch to go to Twizel and returned to Christchurch, from Oamaru, in order to fit with the Alps to Ocean ride. The Directer, Matt, made sure everything was done on time or sooner. The journey itself included great conversation from someone who loves and knows a lot about the wider area. If you want to stop for a look at something, or for a bite to eat, that is not a problem. We even got a quick tour around Twizel on arrival to make sure we knew where to eat and get around. For groups or folk with needs that don't fit easily into scheduled transport, this option is a must. In particular, because Adventure Taxis fit with your schedule, for those of us in the North Island, or for those who don't want a night or two in Christchurch before the adventures begin, this options is barely more costly than buses when the accomodation is removed. And remember that buses don't guarantee that your bikes will get there on the day you do! I cannot recommend highly enough how effective and efficient this service was.Written April 23, 2018
- Amazing services both car and people!!! Very helpful lovely people amazing car. Picked us up on our wedding day.Written May 25, 2021
- We have just come back from one of the best holidays we had!
After 3 years of no travel due to Covid, my family wanted to go out and explore great outdoors. What better country to do that than New Zealand!
Booking our custom itinerary with Geoff from Real New Zealand Tours was our best decisions. To be honest there are many options when booking a tour in New Zealand, but these are mostly larger operators with no personal touch and purely business.
Real New Zealand tours was the exception for us. We always prefer the personal touch and Geoff and his wife Libby definately lived up to it! When they say the are the real deal Kiwi, they surely are. From our first contact, Geoff made us feel so comfortable and even provided his personal contact 24/7 if we needed anything. When you speak to Geoff, you can also feel his passion for New Zealand and for meeting new people.
We went through several rounds of itinerary planning and Geoff was patient and ever accommodating, providing us some great suggestions as well. It was a long itinerary almost 20 days covering North and South Island.
When we arrived in New Zealand, everything worked like clockwork. All the bookings were well organised, pickups, transfers, hotels and activities. It was a fuss free and stress free holiday for my family which culminated in Christchurch when we finally got to see Geoff and his wife Libby. We had a very personal tour of Christchurch and went off the beaten track to see the many natural marvels of New Zealand.
All good things must eventually come to an end and we left New Zealand with a heavy heart, having one of the best holidays ever. We arrived as strangers but left meeting so many nice people and made a good family friend in both Geoff and his wife.
For anyone planning a trip to New Zealand, I highly recommend Real New Zealand tours!Written June 20, 2022
- After having the Trans Alpine train cancel on us one way we were advised that Atomic Travel would take us up to Lake Brunner. The train was then cancelled coming back so it was a bit touch and go as to whether the shuttle would take us up. Thank goodness they did and we are very grateful for their service. There were only 4 on the shuttle, the weather was not great but Eric got us there safe and sound.
We are able to get our trip which we had booked for our 37th wedding anniversary.Written September 20, 2020
- What a wonderful day amazing hosts and and just a step back to my child hood in a VW I will be back a must doWritten January 31, 2019
- We were in group of 11 people and hired a 12 seater Luxury Mercedes. Very comfort riding, good mileage on fuel as we travel total of 2600kms in 10days South Island Tour.
The hireage rate was very affordable compared to some other rental companies. Spaces leg room with space for 12 x Large bags in the rear.
Becky & Flavia and team were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend to hire this if you are doing a road trip with large group.
See you again as we need to complete our West side tour in near future.Written January 4, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Christchurch
- These experiences are best for transportation in Christchurch:
- TranzAlpine Train Journey from Greymouth to Christchurch
- TranzAlpine Train Journey from Christchurch to Greymouth
- Coastal Pacific Train Journey from Christchurch to Picton
- Arrival Transfer: Christchurch Airport to Christchurch Central City Hotels
- Transfer from Christchurch Central City to Christchurch Airport
- These are the best places for kid-friendly transportation in Christchurch:See more transportation for kids in Christchurch on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking transportation in Christchurch:See more transportation for couples in Christchurch on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking transportation in Christchurch:See more transportation for groups in Christchurch on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly transportation in Christchurch:See more budget-friendly transportation in Christchurch on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for transportation in Christchurch:See more romantic transportation in Christchurch on Tripadvisor