Art Galleries • Art Museums
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
78 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 78
What travelers are saying
- State of the art exhibitions in a beautiful building. good cafe too . A not to be missed experience.Written August 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First time here and a great market with a lot of stalls. Lovely setting by the river and the historic Riccarton House. Wonderful products from dog treats, cheese, flowers, porridge to vegan goods.Written July 11, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Still partway through a major renovation and strengthening following the 2010/2011 quakes so some areas are still off limits. Yet to regain it's vibrant atmosphere but making good strides. The great hall is always worth a visit.Written January 5, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I walked here from my hotel, so I didn't have the parking issues about which some are complaining. Every other store here seems to be a shoe store, so plenty of those if you need shoes. There is also a supermarket and a Japanese supermarket. At the opposite end are a store and restaurant I visited. I bought an All Blacks jersey from Rebel, the one souvenir I was determined to buy in NZ. We also had dinner at the recently opened Malaysian restaurant PappaRich. Both are recommended.Written August 24, 2022
- Dropped in here to get some good affordable clothes and came out with way to much. Plenty of shops but some are so crowded I can’t get wheelchair around but others are fantastic. Great parkingWritten January 8, 2021
- We make use of this mall sometimes. There is a good selection of shops. The mall is also a good place to go on a rainy day - you can get a decent walk in up and down the mall at the same time as browsing shops!
Plenty of easy parking. Also the cinemas if you are into this.
The rebuilt Langdons Quarter food court is nice, with a good variety of eating outlets. We enjoyed a Chinese lunch here on Sunday.Written July 22, 2020
- We were there for the last couple of hours on a Sunday in August. No problem parking. Vendors were OK. You may find some bargains. The food vendors and entertainment were the highlight.Written August 22, 2022
- This Sunday only market is a small little market with vendors and food trucks. We especially liked the soap vendor. What we did like is across the street there are woodworker shops and souvenir stores in that little area. Also the building next-door has some wonderful stores inside in the upper floors. So make sure you explore the whole area when you go.Written January 11, 2020
- Nothing special with this mall but it's still pleasant enough to visit.
The disappointing aspect is the number of closed and/or closing stores which created a sort of emptiness. The food court had a reasonable range of food options, all at good price points and it was clean.
All up, ok but nothing to write home about.Written July 23, 2020
- Great place to come for a bit of everything. Brilliant spot light store. Great parking. Nice few cafes aswellWritten July 14, 2019
- So nice to have a mall that is not unpleasantly crowded. Great food court with space around it. Shopping is leisurely. Movie theater is handy. Parking is ideal.Written February 11, 2020
- Went there around late noon, and food stalls take up most of the market. Wouldn't make my way down especially but would drop by if in the area for a snack. It is locared right infront of the Cathedral.Written January 18, 2020
- There are a number of shopping malls in Christchurch. Some are big and leave you feeling quite exhausted after visiting. The Merivale Mall is to me the perfect size and the nicest by far. It has a relaxed feel about it compared to the others which is part of it’s atttaction and the draw card for people.
It has a good selection of shops which caters for the needs of many. Chemist, books, shoes, clothing, supermarket, giftware, jewellery, key cutters,cafés, florist... and more besides to give you a good shopping experience.
The mall has ample car parking space and is conveniently located with other shops nearby.Written February 3, 2020
- This is a charming little Farmers Market in the grounds (or at least adjacent to) the Rudolf Steiner School in a pretty location on the banks of the Heathcote River. It's a lovely recreational way to get your 5+ a day and you can be sure that everything is fresh and seasonal and probably organic. There is also a collection of artisans selling all sorts of different and delicious prepared product - breads, cheeses, treats etc and also vege seedlings. There are refreshment stands so it's also a great place to meet friends for a coffee in the sun. Not sure ho you go there on public transport but there's plenty of street parking on the river. Dust off your wicker basket!Written June 21, 2017
- Each time I visit Christchurch you can bet I’ll get here at least once. The mall has everything you could need, supermarket, butcher, Bakery, shoes, gift store, banks, post office, chemist, and a fantastic selection of food cafes and eateries
There are a few alfresco places adjacent to one of the parking areas and several more inside.
Ample mobility parking and parents with pram parking too.
There are a handful of clothing stores but one of my favourites is Wild South, they aren’t cheap but the do have a good discount on their sales stuff. Mostly natural cottons, linens, wool etc so you know your getting quality. Both men’s and women’s ware selections.
Hope you enjoy the mall as much as I do and if you need a pick me up! There’s a great chocolatiers and tea shop inside.... yumWritten July 31, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Christchurch
- These are the best places for couples seeking shopping in Christchurch:See more shopping for couples in Christchurch on Tripadvisor