- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
72 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 72
What travelers are saying
- Huge variety of shops and food court has a great selection of different food you can indulge in. Car parking is a mission though; think it is due to some construction work around Level 1 carpark. The introduction of KMart to the center has been a hit with it opening 24hours I think. The train station as well that is a bonus; you can catch a train from Britomart all the way to Manukau; train station is right there at the centre. Great locationWritten February 11, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I came a bit early around 0910 thinking that it would be difficult to find parking. When I got to the end of the road I noticed the sign that said the tow-away signs don't apply on weekends so I was able to get a really close park.
The market is in the area outside La Cigale and also includes some bit on the inside. There was quite a lot of options for food, whether it was to eat there or to take away for later.
We came as a fairly large group and managed to get one of the tables outside. We then had a pot luck style brunch where everyone just grabbed a few things from the different stalls and we just ate. We were able to get bread, salami, dips, smoked fish and lots of sweet items. It was definitely a nice experience.
I'm not sure how often the stalls rotate but there was a bit of everything like crepes and paella to baos and cacti. Worth a stop for an hour or two just to look around and gorge yourself.Written November 8, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of the Saturday morning family activity. Heaps variety of food stall, seafood, coffee and drink, fashion, vegetables, fruits, kitchens items, music......Most of the stalls is cash only.Written December 9, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This little lane off Queen Street is full of nice places to eat and a good bar. It is a pedestrian street. Lots of places to sit outside and enjoy the weather while you eat or drink from the many options. Head here for lunch or a preshow drink.Written March 8, 2020
- A nice walk to the market, filled with fresh baking, coffee, vegetables and crafts. A busy place where people stop for breakfast. We stopped for cup of tea and a pastry, excellent.
It’s open Saturday and Sunday mornings and we’ll visited.Written February 12, 2020
- What a great place to visit when out for a morning stroll around Hobsonville. Always carry a tote bag with you as you are sure to pick up some fresh produce or fresh bread rollsWritten November 7, 2021
- All shops are modern and stylish but there are few people. No liveliness there in the daytime. Night visiting may be funnier. Wifi access is awfully bad. Very very inconvenient.Written August 16, 2017
- Convenient shopping for home and farm, everything under one roof, reasonably priced, but sometimes the desired brand or make not be available.Written November 15, 2019
- This place is heavily oriented towards the asian market and the style and presentation didn't lend itself towards my taste. One notable point though, there were three male staff members, in different stores within the Galleria, and each of them went out of their way to say hello which I thought was very nice.Written February 13, 2019
- The mall isn't huge but it is fairly big. Multiple levels of shops including the Warehouse on the top floor at one end and the Cinemas near the other. They also have multiple entrances including ones on Great North Road.
They do have a food court with a variety of different foods.
The mall is quite nice and clean and not too difficult to get around. Large selection of shops including quite a few dollar stores (and a $2 or less store).Written January 3, 2019
- The Strand Arcade is an old style shopping center where it preserved the elegrance from the old days. Do take the kids there, it is like travelling back in time.Written March 3, 2018
- Quuens Court is a shopping centre at 370 Queen Street. It has restaurants and different type of shopsWritten April 6, 2019
- In total about 30 stall holders, but all quality and well priced. Location was great with easy parking, nice vibe and atmosphere and most importantly was not overcrowded so you could take your time to walk around, smell and taste and actually enjoy the morning. Would go again and recommend over other markets that are either overcrowded or underwhelming.Written October 24, 2018
- You can spend hours here. The place is chock full of interesting items, displayed to find. Also a massive collection of LP records for sale, if you collect vinyl. Many beautiful Tiffany style lamps, outdoor decorative items, stuffed animals, you name it . . . chances are they will have it. I highly recommend this absorbing, interesting off-the-beaten-track curios shop in West Auckland.Written September 3, 2019
- We learned that there are different locations for the night markets - some take place in the underground space of a parking structure, others outdoors. What you get is a huge assortment of street food of all types, much of it quite appealing. And, of course, some local artisans and their craft works - go online when you get to Auckland and google "Auckland Night Markets" for current locations and hours.Written April 10, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Auckland Central