- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- My wife and I attended Day 3 of The Australian Open 2022. We have attended this event a few times before in the past and are very glad we live in Melbourne so that we can attend this annual event very easily. Just a short ride on Tram number 70 from our house direct to the entry gate at Melbourne Park.
The Australian Open is one of four Grand Slam Tennis Events. The other three events are the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open.
This year, there were not many spectators due to the Covid surge and due to very few international and interstate visitors as a result of the pandemic.Written January 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Two sides to every story; it's very expensive if you want to be sure of a seat. a package bought early is the only guarantee of a seat and you won't know then if your team will be playing.
If you follow Jet78948 advice, you will not be sure of success in the allocation and that only happens if your team is in the final.
For football tragics, this is the day of the year and you just pay what it takes and make the most of the day.
This will include the breakfast at the Crown (which is barely adequate) and perhaps the after-game parties.
Even though you may have heard Up There Cazaly countless times, it still sounds special.
It was hard to hear the entertainment this year, could barely hear John Williamson and Paul Kelly was the only one with impact.
And even though the game was one-sided, there is still a thrill being part of 100,000 spectators watching 2 gladiatorial teams.
You can pick the day apart for any reason but it is still the one day of the year, not to be missed by tragics.Written October 10, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Boxing Day Test Match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground is the highlight of the cricketing calendar. Everyone looks forward to a day full of action. No matter if you're in the exclusive members area or in the outer, everyone sees the same game. The MCG is Australia's most impressive sporting arena, with a capacity of over 90,000 spectators.Written September 19, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- fantastic event that raises money for the good friday appeal. the course takes you over the bolte bridge which is closed for event. great causeWritten May 18, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Melbourne
- These places are best for sporting events in Melbourne:See more sporting events in Melbourne on Tripadvisor