- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Everything was amazing! its not just about the lights and the magnificent artworks and time that artist put into these beauties that light up Sydney. Its also the unique music events and the opportunity to use the one sense that's forgotten and thats the mind! The thinkers and the discussions - the game changers is a great addition! Bringing all senses to light!Written June 17, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and i attended Phantom of the Opera across the Easter weekend and cannot recommend this enough. The whole experience and location was worth the ticket price for the performance itself. Ease of early arrival via uber to the door for drinks right on the harbour overlooking the best view in the country was great but then the performance itself was great and ease of departure via water taxi for $10 back to circqular quay was just outstanding. Weather was outstanding as well which for this event is imperative. Highly recommend!Written April 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We are Sydney sliders, so attend the Maori gras every year. The year of 2021 was slightly different though as it was in the SCG (Sydney cricket ground to non sport folk). Atmosphere there was a bit flat, and probably a bit more for the tv cameras, so we can’t wait for it to go back onto the streets next year.Written May 9, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had a wonderful time on my bridge run this year. Especially the bridge part was very emotional for me and I loved it. I just heard about it when I arrived in Sydney and registered myself very spontaneously. It was not really cheap, compared with other 10 km runs I did in Europe. But it was definitely worth, even when I expected more for my starting fee. A free finisher shirt and a bit more than just water in the runners heaven after the finish line for example.Written September 22, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Shared an experience in Kensington Street , in Chippendale away from Chinatown itself, but it was still fun. Lots of colour and people (and a special pets parade) and it was certainly a momentous and fun night.Written February 25, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great venue for music concert on the Carhill Express overlooking Sydney's Circular Quay. Good variety of bands. Nice atmosphere despite low numbers of people due to covid. Projection of stage onto one of the buildings across the street was interesting concept. Highlight was at 10pm with 15 minute sky spectacular of 500 drones lighting the sky and manoeuvring to create various pictures .. cockatoo moving its wings, fish swimming and surfer riding the wave were my favourites. Not sure if this was the 1st year for Sydney's Elevate Festival but I will return next year.Written January 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I’m fortunate to have completed 3 City2Surfs in Sydney, and it is the original and best one to complete.
14km course from the city to Bondi Beach, there’s great entertainment along the way and the views and experience are amazing. And heartbreak hill is renowned for being tough.
Absolutely must do and time your visit for August to participate. Also don’t forget to book it in advance, as they may limit numbers on the number of participants.Written March 22, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Been to a number of concerts over the last few years. Always been a fun night out...even when it rained. I'd suggests going prepared. Yes some people think tickets are pricy for the length of the concert, but I personally like that all proceeds go to animal conservation efforts and other environmentally sustainable causes. I'd recommend going with a group and all bringing nibbles. It is NOT BYO alcohol and they don't allow glass or unsealed drinks. Check their website if you're unsure before you pack a picnic. Lovely view for a backdrop and always nice to walk through the zoo past animals on the way to the concert. You can either sit or dance up front. If it's raining, don't let it get you down. Jump on up, head to the front and dance until it's over.Written March 17, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a terrific event with a wide range of sessions to suit everyone. There are a mix of free and ticketed events. It's best to plan ahead by booking tickets online.
Walsh Bay is an excellent precinct in which to hold the festival with all the venues a short distance from each other. The harbour views and old wharves provide added atmosphere.
Plenty of places to grab a bite or a coffee. Several parking stations within a few minutes walk. Festival staff in abundance to answer questions and manage the queues. The Ros Packer Theatre was particularly crowded as people queued for the next session to being. Perhaps not the ideal place to be selling books.
Combined with the Vivid festival, this is a brilliant way to showcase Sydney.Written May 28, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My wife and i went to see the Tattoo in October 2019 at the Olympic Stadium.
I regually watch it on the TV and find the Tattoo great entertainment. We booked Platinum seating as i had a feeling that the compactness of the Tattoo was not going to be the same as the show held in the actual Edinburgh Castle. My feelings were correct as the show at Sydney was very disappointing and nothing remotely like what i thought it would be. The whole pitch was used for the individual bands which created a performance area far bigger than the Edinburgh Castle area, The people performing were very small and just too far away. i had mixed feelings about the supporting acts to the Scottish Pipes and drum bands. Some were excellent, others not so much. I wouldn't go to see this show again unless it was at Edinburgh Castle or a similar sized venueWritten November 12, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These are the best places for groups seeking events in Sydney:See more events for groups in Sydney on Tripadvisor