- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- Either the fast ferry or slower one are great trips. Frequent services so not a lot of waiting. Clean and comfortableWritten May 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This was the ideal package as it allowed us a rapid trip to Manley on the first day where we spent a very pleasant afternoon. These ferries run every 20 minutes so there was virtually no wait when we wanted to return. The following day the same ticket allowed us to do the 2 hour round trip which in addition to Manley gave us additional hop off and on places, zoo, Watson Bay Quarentine Bay and Darling Harbour. Best of all as senior citizans we only had to pay $35 for the ticket. There was a little commentary but it was not that type of cruise. Other more expensive trips may be better suited for that type.Written March 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A friend who visited Sydney told me about the outlet store and where I could get an amazing deal on training gear.
She had family take her and I had to figure out how to do it from centre city.
That is when I came across Shopper Hopper. They would ferry you there and return you back to either Circular Quay or Darling Harbour.
By booking online, I was able to get a return ferry ride for AUS$20.
I could have caught the bus but I would need to pay attention. Plus with the heat and potential bags of things I would purchase, paying a few more dollars seem fine.
They pick you up from Jetty one on Circular Quay. This is generally about 2-5 mins walk towards the Sydney Opera House after getting off at Circular Quay station. It's the only jetty on this side of the harbour pass all the wharfs and ferries.
The generally have several pick up times starting at 10am from Circular Quay.
The two persons crew were welcoming and friendly. It was a gorgeous day and we got to see both the beautiful houses, Sydney Opera House, go under the Harbour Bridge and see the racing catamaran training on our way there and back.
Definitely an easy and relaxing way to get to Birkenhead Point where the outlet centre is.
Will definitely use them again when I return for some shopping.Written February 21, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I love a round trip to Sydney - this is the cheapest way to get some time on the harbour. On the way back a woman fell overboard! Fortunately another ferry picked her up and we could resume our journey. That doesn't happen every day...Written December 14, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a very busy area of Sydney. Apart from the ferry wharves there is Circular Quay railway station, which is directly above the wharves, and there are buses, trams, taxis and other modes of transport nearby as well. The famous Rocks area is only a few steps away. This part of the Harbour is the place to hop on a ferry and travel to several other parts of Sydney, or just go on a cruise. There are also many cafes, restaurants and Take Away food outlets to satisfy all tastes. And the views are absolutely fantastic. Worth a visit.Written February 1, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We used Water Taxis Combined for the service. I pre-booked and paid the trip online, so was aware the trip was expensive. I was told the trip was 15-20 minutes, but it took slightly longer than that. It is much faster than the River-cat service. The boat driver was most friendly and courteous and the trip very smooth.Written July 20, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Genuinely the highlight of the weekend. Happy with just the great service, and then they made our two young girls feel so special. Cannot recommend more highly. And then stopped to take family photos on their suggestion. Thank you.Written April 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- These are really charter boats for short distances, they need to be booked and cannot just be flagged down like a taxi. When we figured that out and called them, a boat was sent to our location quite quickly to pick us up. The service from the driver was fantastic, helping one of our older passengers to alight without issue. He also stopped the boat for a great photo. Not cheap though!Written January 7, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Proposed to my now fiance and could not recommend VIP any more highly. The guys and the night were amazing. After dinner at Darling Harbour on a Saturday night, they were on time to pick us up outside of our restaurant and took us to a beautiful spot on the harbour, right on sunset. Everything but the weather went to plan, but it made for an unforgettable evening.
Even with rain, the boat was still undercover and made for some beautiful photos.
If you need the perfect private place to propose, right in the middle of Sydney, with iconic views, I can definitely recommend Ron and Don.Written October 25, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I relied on the ecohopper online timetable but it didn’t turn up at the Q station. Had to wait 45 minutes. The sign says to wave to ferry down which I did twice but it just skipped it. Be wary.Written November 6, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney
- These are the best places for groups seeking ferries in Sydney:See more ferries for groups in Sydney on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adrenaline seekers looking for ferries in Sydney:See more ferries for adrenaline seekers in Sydney on Tripadvisor