What travelers are saying
- This marketplace is absolutely huge and bustling with activity. Primarily a dry goods marketplace offering cloths, clothes, accessories, decorative items, etc. I was told it's the largest marketplace in West Africa, and I believe it. Several square kilometers of market area, you'd never see it all in one day. Worth a visit, even if you're not going to buy anything.Written August 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Manhyia Palace boasts of the rich culture of the Ashanti kingdom. it is an amazing place to learn about the struggles of the people of Ghana and the Ashantis.Written February 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Never judge a museum by it’s size. This one is small but packed full of good information on the Ashanti empire. Well worth a stop.Written April 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The sword was an interesting place. We were allowed to try to pull the sword out. We decided not to try because we just want to enjoy our retirement.Written November 22, 2022
- If your into military artifacts and history, very good spot to visit. The guide was very knowledgeable, and I learned some things. Lots of not too often seen weaponry. Quick and easy tourWritten August 5, 2022
- The road to the Reserve is in an awful condition. If you don't drive a 4x4, you'll get into trouble for sure. But all along the road, there are hundreds and hundreds of butterflies. Birds can be a challenge to spot in the high dense forest, but I managed to see several rare and endangered species : from the African Piculet to the African Gray Parrot (this is one of their last strongholds in Ghana). If you have a day, or even half a day, walk around the park, you won't be disappointed.Written November 23, 2020
- I love love love this mall. There’s an array of different shops and readily available ATM’s. There’s also a huge grocery store with the most friendly staff. My favorite part was the local wines in the lobby. I enjoyed sipping on my palm wine while shopping.Written August 6, 2019