Speciality Museums • Science Museums
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
11 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We visited here after a recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. The guy there showed us around and explained the history of gas works. At the end of guided tour we were able to walk around and look at whatever interested us. We were only people there at the time so it was very beautiful walking around and taking photosWritten March 17, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It should be like "Carcassonne" if .... Some information would be posted on the nice walk around city walls. If the streets of the city and houses would be repaired. In comparison with nearby Otmuchow the centre seems a little bit ugly. And this is pitty because Paczkow and his fortification as well as city towers could be one of the most nice town in Opole province. I also missed some nice restaurant or caffeterias which are common in other similar places especially during summer season.Written August 28, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We want to say the girls here, in particular, Joanna, who helped us with interpretation and because of this we were able to find birth and baptism certificates for my dad and grandmother. She showed us places to visit including the gas museum and the tower. Excellent place to visit when visiting Paczkow!!Written February 2, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Out of three high towers in twon walls in Paczków only this one allows tourists to go to the top to enjoy views. Tickets and key available from little kiosk (selling absolutely everything) just outside town walls on the left hand side of Armii Krajowej street. Quite steep stairs lead to the platform on top, where the view is just magnificent, not only over Paczków, but also towards nearby ridges of Sudetes mountains. A must go in Paczków.Written July 24, 2016
- The Town Hall looks great. If only all the tenement houses around it were renovated, the impression would be even greater. I guess it is a question of time!Written August 25, 2020
- Just outside the village, there is inconspicuous piece of land consisting of a stone cross. Even if it's got a little board with explanation not that many people realise what this is all about. Such crosses has been erected on the site of crime by convicted murderers as part of their forgiveness program. This tradition came onto todays western Poland in 13th century, and they say there's about 600 such crosses in south-western part of the country. Unikowice one is very well preserved and stands as a witness of medieval justice system.Written September 11, 2016
- Fantastic and rather unusual church. Looks like part of towns defence system, standing right next to defence walls. Build in 14th century, but in 16th, in fear of Turkish invasion rebuild fortified with added attic. It has even got it's built in well in one of the aisles, in case of long siege. Impressive front facade. Entry through side door, open for tourists most of the times.Written September 11, 2016
- Built in late 19th century. Right in the middle of the village. Neo-Gothic style. On the main long distance path, marked red, crossing whole Sudetes Mountains.Written September 11, 2016
- Although the Protestants came to Paczków in late 18th century, they started to build their own church only in early 20th century. But they didn't enjoyed their own temple for too long, as the WWII changed everything, including religious divisions in Poland. So after the war the church became a catholic one, with Redemptorists order taking care of it now. It's neo-gothic and it's situated just outside town walls. Everyone who explores towns defence system will definitely came across this church, also if you climb the Wrocławska Tower this church will be the closest building right below you.Written September 11, 2016
Paczkow Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||66|
|Number of Photos||89|
|Local Time||Thursday 10:40 AM|