Top Attractions in Zlin Region
What travelers are saying
- I was very impressed by this zoo! It’s big, beautiful, the animals have lots of space yet you can see them well. Our 9 month old girl liked it a lot even though it was very cold and some animals weren’t outside anymore. I can’t say the tickets were expensive. Very impressed and I wish we will be able to visit it again when it won’t be as cold.Written October 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was so nice experience tp drink 10 different type of wine. I can taste young white wine also old one.
Their wine is so nice.Written April 6, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I bought "maxiticket" which included the visit of the castle, tower, gallery and sala terrena (330,- CZK). You can visit the interiors of the castle and the sala terrena only with a guide.
Climbing the tower is not difficult if you walk slowly. The stairs are comfortable, partly stone, partly wooden, spiral and straight. The view of the main square and the city is beautiful from the top.
Sala terrena is a space under the castle. There are three interesting halls and two grottos. Takeing pictures in this part of the castle is alowed.
The castle gallery contains 85 paintings from the 15th, 16th and 17th centuries. Among other things, you can see here the original painting of Titian (Tiziano Vecellio) "Apollo and Marsyas".
The castle itself is beautiful. All the rooms are simply gorgeous. I really liked the library with four big globes. There are 91.000 books in 35 languages in the castle.
The castle garden is huge. During stroll you can meet peacocks, there is a small animal corner with monkeys and many kinds of birds. The entrance to the garden is free.Written August 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This square in the center of Uherske Hradiste is a nicely attractive place to stroll through. It is in the heart of the center of the city, and is in really nice shape. At the center is the Plague Column of the Virgin Mary dating back to 1715, which was built in thanks to the reversal of the spread of the epidemic from the time. You will also find a fountain there which dates back to the end of the 1600s. There's not much parking here but there are other pay parking areas not far away.
Not far away is the local branch of the Moravian National Archive, Church of the Annunciation of St. Mary, František's Monastery, and other places. If you are touring thru the center of Uherske Hradiste then it is worth walking thru, but you would need to spend more than 20 minutes to see it all. There are more interesting sites, especially archaeological, around UH that is more worth your time.Written August 23, 2019
- What a delightful experience! We were at the Wallachian Outdoor Museum on December 5th. We arrived late in the day as the hillside became festive with families headed up the hill to find St. Nicholas and his angel helper so they could get a treat! Of course the devil was also close by, but he was chased away by the ever vigilant angel! So much fun to watch the children, many of them wearing either angel wings or devil horns! The demonstrations inside the individual small houses were very nice. I’m so glad we had the opportunity to do this. The fact that it was the eve of St. Nicholas Day was an extra treat!Written December 27, 2019
- We loved the garden. It was really nice, the flowers and fountains were really pretty. One thing that upset us was that we came one minute after the last entrance time and they didn't want to let us in. After the cashier was really mean to us he let us in so I don't understand why he had to be mean and argued with us.Written August 17, 2021
- As the church was opened to the visitors only in a limited way and accessible only behind iron bars, I visited it only shortly and took a few photographs...Written September 13, 2019
- I really liked the museum. Mainly the exposition of shoes and the life of Bata. Soo interesting ! 😍 Also you can find there photos from Hanzelka and Zikmund trip around the world with their car TatraWritten March 24, 2022
- Worthy to walk few steps up the hill to see the prime sample of the Jurkovic's architecture. Nice views from the top but Radhost is hidden behind the trees.Written August 7, 2017
- I really recommend going up to Stramberska Truba (the tower). You will get amazing view and nice cool breeze in hot summer days... and there are not too many stairs :))Written August 12, 2020
- The Gardens at one end of the Square are Extensive and even sport a Rotunda. There is a Tropical Section and a place to have a beer and snacks. The Town Square has many beautiful buildings and a Bishop used to coin his own currency; the building is still preserved. I have been to the market place and bought beautiful beer steins. There is also a beautiful Church within walking distance from the squareWritten August 5, 2019
- If you are in the Zlin area as a tourist, then you might want to check out Bata's Skyscraper, otherwise known as Building 21. The biggest feature to this building is Bata's own office, which is actually an elevator. Bata had his office built as a large elevator, so he could go from floor to floor himself, without having people come to him. The elevator is now an exhibit, but it is still functional and you can go up to the roof in it. At the roof you can a great view of Zlin from all directions. It's not Zlin's most alluring attraction, but one that is worth visiting if you are in the area and have the time. I recommend it.Written June 25, 2019
- Kolonada in Luhacovice, a colonade, is a road or a path to walk on through the spa and enjoy spa spring mineral water and near-by laying sightseeings, shops and other objects to stop by, sip the mineral water and keep on walking... Starting at the building of the Czech Post, ending almost at Vincentka wellspring...The path to walk as a part of a spa cure... A few photos, taken while walking across the Kolonada, included....Written September 11, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Zlin Region
Zlin Region Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||3,002|
|Number of Photos||4,485|
|Local Time||Friday 7:44 AM|