Points of Interest & Landmarks • Observation Decks & Towers
Top Attractions in Hradec Kralove Region
What travelers are saying
- The tower is nicely renovated, I like it. But the view of the parking lot (read: the main square) is not so nice...Written August 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The highest mountain of the Czech Republic was conquered. A mystical place for all Czechs and Poles. I recommend climbing along the chain. Post office and restaurant at the top.Written July 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The mini ZOO is really good fun for children as they can get really close to animals. Do not expect lots of exotic species, but for city children cuddling a goat can be a great experience. We spent the whole afternoon there and our kids were really happy there.Written July 26, 2017
- I was curious whether it would be worthwhile to take a car ride through the safari. I was afraid the animals would be holed up somewhere in the shade and we wouldn't even see them. The opposite was true. The animals even got in our way. We could have had the windows open the whole way, except for a separate lion section.
I recommend to pay for the entrance online, you won't save money for the car entrance, but definitely for the pedestrian entrance to the zoo, which I also recommend.
Lots of opportunities to eat different kinds of food. Arrive early, parking fills up fast. We drove to the Safari first and packed up afterwards, finding a spot was difficult. I'd do it the other way around now. Zoo first, then safari.Written July 16, 2022
- The history of 1938 of Czechoslovakia, building of fortification line against Hitler's Germany, the heroism and enthusiasm of those Czechoslovak builders and solders..remains highly admirably . And the technical qualities, invention, size... really venerable! One feels that eventful atmosphere and must be proud and angry...even after so many years!Written July 12, 2021
- The castle is situated on the hill above the town. You can use the stairs from the main square (next to the tourist information centre) to reach the castle. It's a short but exhausting climb up.
There are a few free attractions on the castle: small Piccolomin Garden, you can look through the bars into the chapel and there are also two bears Dáša and Ludvík in the former castle moat.
I took a castle tour with a guide. The entrance fee was 140,- CZK. Our group was small (just 12 people), so the tour was enjoyable, everyone had enough time and space to see the rooms and exhibits in them.
At the castle box office there you can buy souvenirs and postcards. There is also a mailbox here, so you can send postcards directly from the castle.Written August 7, 2020
- Absolutely gorgeous. We were glad we went in January when there were few other hikers and the ice crystals on the trees so stunningWritten February 14, 2020
- Wery beautiful place where you can move your imagination! You can see here granny's chair or big waterfall.If you walk to the big waterfall in the middle of the route you can see big panorama with beautiful views.You must visit it!Written February 14, 2022
- For sure helps with part of the way to get all way to up Snezka, take the middle station and walk the restWritten February 17, 2022
- Very exciting visit. The tour guide was really interesting, the staff, which was very nice and helpful, told as many information about the place and showed it to us. Perfect for people interested in history, especially the 2nd World War.Written April 2, 2022
- A brilliant day with the added visit of the reservoir and dam structures. Old style design surrounded with forest and very well attended restaurants and bars.
Parking can be a little hit and miss, you might have to leave the car a 10 minute walk away on busy days.
Three restaurants are within a five minute walk and all provide good menu selection for sitting inside or out on the terrace area. Staff are particularly friendly and helpful. Prices are very reasonable as well.
Play areas for children are clean, tidy and close to your dining area for safety.
In summary a good place to either cycle, walk or just bimble along without a care in the world. I personally recommend it!Written August 2, 2020
- Another fantastic place on the bunkers trials near Nachod. I think it`s the first museum of bunkers in Czech.
The fantastic team doing a good job here.Written February 20, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Hradec Kralove Region
- The best day trips from Hradec Kralove Region according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Bohemian Paradise 3 in 1 Tour, UNESCO geopark
- Bohemian Paradise UNESCO Gopark - Full-Day Tour with Lunch
- Adršpach-Teplice Rocks: The Chronicles of Narnia Filming Locatation Tour
- Sněžka: The Czech highest mountain private hiking tour
- Bohemian Paradise walking Tour of Prachov Rocks and Trosky Castle