Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Mellieha
Amusement & Theme Parks • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Admission tickets from $14.85
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Very eerie but very humbling. A place to remember the past and reflect on a sad time that must never been forgotten.Written September 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you had to do one beach on Malta mainland, this is it! Actually 3 beaches in a line separated by glorious hills you can hike (Golden Bay, Riviera Beach, Qarraby Bay), I did the middle one which is Riviera or shows as Għajn Tuffieħa on google. STUNNING natural looking beach, but still with optional sun beds (19euro for 2 including big umbrella). Has a restaurant on site called Singita (who also manage the beach rentals). They don’t really do chair service, but do have bathrooms!
Water is safe for kids, and you can go deep for big kids. Because of the large amount of stairs to get there, there are less families (which I enjoyed!).
You could easily go with your own setup. There is no need to pay. Just be there by 11am to comfortably get a spot. You can just rent the umbrella if you need.
Only unusual thing is they only put out the sun beds as you arrive, so they are all over the place which seems inefficient given the popularity. And yes thanks to smokers, the sand is a bit messy - shame on the smokers not the location though!
Easy bus transport leaving just a 5 minute walk (plus the stairs).
But bottom line, if you want a mainland beach where you look out and think “this is malta”, this is the beach I’d recommend.
(Obviously Blue Lagoon is not counted here as it’s not mainland Malta).Written September 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It’s a shame there isn’t a separate price for the people who just want to visit the village and not spend the day on the beach as 20euros is a bit steep. Talking of steep it is just that but it is a fun place to visit with great views and the helpful people who work there arranged a car to take my husband back up the steep hill. If you don’t have a car the bus stop is on sight and runs regularly.Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One does not have many options in Malta, and from this perspective it is perhaps the best beach in Malta. We payd 15 euro for two sunbeds, for the day (we received no receit though). There are a few good restaurants near the beach and one can find good transportation by bus to the beach and to the city. We used Uber most of the time (better than Bolt). The water is very clean and I recommend this beach if one has little children as we did.Written August 1, 2022
- I really enjoyed the location. The hotel is right on the top of Malta and therefore nothing around. This made it good for us as we wanted somewhere quiet. The hotel however could put some entertainment on in the evening as there is nowhere really to go in the evening. There is no where to walk to. The pool is very nice but only open from 9 till 1800 which is short considering there is nothing to do and there are children. As it was a little less busy we always managed to get a spot at the pool. There are three pools which is perfect. The main larger pool which is over 2 metres deep, ideal for kids etc with a shallow pool attached, a smaller pool which is quieter for sunbathers and an indoor pool for the cooler seasons or those who wish to use it. You can also swim in the sea if you walk down some steps which is lovely and clear.
We were half board and the evening meal we cannot complain about. Very nice and fresh and there are very healthy options and even wine on tap. However, the breakfast was poor and could do with some more fresh fruit options. The bacon and sausages are not very nice and the scrambled eggs were just water. The views at breakfast and dinner though in the Il-Meerill restaurant are beautiful. We also ate in the k lounge which was delicious and reasonably priced with stunning views.
The room was very spacious but I didn't bring a hair dryer as there is one in the room. This hair dryer is rubbish. It hardly blows anything out and it broke the first time i touched it. There is plenty of hot water in the shower but I found that this leaked everywhere when I used it.
The little shop is very pricey so don't be caught out by it. Almost 8 euros for a bottle of basic shampoo.
Overall I have enjoyed our stay in the hotel and I may even stay again. Just a few gripes which stops me giving 5 stars.Written June 25, 2022
- A definite must when staying in Malta, the church was stunning, peaceful and just what was needed. RecommendedWritten September 21, 2022
- Fantastic views and fascinating history! Attendant was friendly, and you can buy cold water, books and post cards too. It’s was a great way to break up our beach day; at Mellieha Bay.
We walked up the steep hill, via the forest (instead of the main road). It was mainly a dirt track and odd steps - so although exhausting, a nice adventure! First time we’ve racked up 10k steps in under an hour!! There is parking outside the tower; and the bus route doesn’t look far if you need transport.Written September 20, 2022
- Got an Uber to Armier Bay Beach where we (eventually!) found the little shop (next to the restaurant) and paid €30 for a 2-hour kayak hire, left our belongings in their lockers and headed out to this beautiful Lagoon with directions from the guys running the shop. Highly recommend for beautiful views and a swim in the crystal clear waters - just mind the jellyfish!!Written July 27, 2022
- Great beach, full of local with kids. Beach club where you can hire loungers and umbrella and have food delivered to you that you can order by phone.
Sea is gorgeous and safe swimming area and views are great. Can see Gozo and Comino. Fab sunsets too.Written September 10, 2021
- I didn't do the 70 plus steps down but the family did and said it was worth it. Easily missed as it's across the road from the church.Written July 10, 2022
- Great for families with lots of fo sunbed and umbrella hire. Plenty of food outlets and reasonably priced.Written February 28, 2020
- We visited here on Sunday and were met by friendly volunteers who told us what was about and gave us tips about other places to visit on Malta. Best birds were LR Plover, Zitting Cisicola and Ruff.
There are hides to get out of the weather.Written March 29, 2022
- Great location with amazing views, an oasis of relexation. Friendly staff with great service and delicious food. Modern style and superclean!
Great value for money and highly recommended! 😍🍹Written May 31, 2022
- We went this October 25th. I will advise to contact the Park Visitor Centre to get the most of the walk or cycling. Darren, the manager of the centre, helped us to contact locals to hire bicycles, showed us a route on the map and the best way to go through in order to explore the site.
Also by going to the centre, you will see in detail the geographic and fauna found iat the region.Written November 10, 2021
- Lovely felt like out in the wilderness . Beautiful view and relaxing walk. Enjoyed the nature reserve and seeing the natural vegetationWritten June 6, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Mellieha
- The best day trips from Mellieha according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Blue Lagoon, Beaches and Bays Catamaran Sailing Tour
- Discover GOZO, Comino, the BLUE LAGOON & Caves
- Gozo, Comino and Blue lagoon Cruise
- Gozo and Comino Islands: including Blue Lagoon, Crystal Lagoon & caves
- Comino Day Cruise