Top Attractions in Jerez De La Frontera
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- If you are not a horse lover please dont go as you spoil it for others who are by talking over what is happening or drinking! I am always stunned by what these animals achieve and how beautiful they are - loved the whole showWritten October 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We really don't drink much sherry but figured we should check the box while passing by Jerez. Turned out it was a fascinating tour and we really enjoyed all the sherrys we tasted. They include a nice spread of ham, nuts, olives, etc. to eat during the tasting. The guide was great and spoke excellent English. The only disappointment, they don't ship back to the U.S., but we took a picture of all the bottles we tasted, and the guide pointed out that some are available back home through K&L Wine Merchants. Would highly recommend this tour.Written January 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have visited quite a few Bodegas in spain and wineproduceres elsewhere and this was one of the best tours I have been on (where I was not invited personally).Our guide was Virginia - exellent in knowledge and well founded opinions.
We were there on a sunny day in the mid of november and we had a short tour of the wineyards where some of the dominant grapes, harvest times etc. The view is beautyful. After we went to the cellars where you see the barrells af the wines of Luis Perez. Virginia talked about how Luis Perez was the first to again shine focus on red wines again in this area and also the importance on the work in the field before and the time of picking the grapes. Here the tour has another focus than in the Sherry bodegas, where the work in the cellar often (and often understandble)has the main focus.Also stored in the cellar are the sherries of Luis Perez Jr(Willy Perez) and if you have followed(and tasted) the development in the sherry world this name will ring a bell. Together with Ramiro Ibáñez these they have been the great force of impact and change the last years.
But the red wines are in focus (also the reds are in the tasting)on this tour and I favour the wines made on the local grape - tintilla- which generally remind me of sloeberry on the palate. You can make som exellent structured wines as they do in this Bodega.
Do try the sweet Tintilla de rota if you are the region- as for now not produced here.
A note of caution if you are in foot. We walked from the center of Jerez as there only was 5 km to the Bodega. You have to add 2-2,5 km if you go by googlemaps - it will place the bodega at the start of the road leading to the bodega. There is a good explation for this and there is no problem with signs placed in the rigth places. Virginia waited patiently for us:)Written November 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent tour and tasting. The sherry was good and the gift shop had some laLato Brandy at a reasonable price. The barrels were signed by such celebrities like Chuchill, Britain's Prince Phillip and Stephen Sielberg.Written April 2, 2022
- Lively and colourful ambience. Delicious tapas and wine. Lovely flamenco music to dance and enjoy with friends together.Written May 25, 2022
- The rooms are full of history, a lovely Alcazar and the old baths and surrounding areas, for me, were full of "ghosts" - loved itWritten October 9, 2022
- This was an excellent tour - just enough information to understand the varieties of sherry, how they are made and how they differ, without overwhelming you with technical detail. That said, our guide (Fatima) was very happy to take any questions, including technical ones. A good balance between walking, seeing things, and tasting the wines (seated at the tables at the end of the of the tour). The amount of wine you get for the tasting is VERY generous too. I'd recommend going for the "3 sherries + 1 brandy" tasting experience. It's well worth the money. All in all, an excellent experience. P.S. You should budget 2 hours for this.Written January 2, 2023
- What a great find. Such an experience to be shown around this wonderful Palacio by its owner. Sharing the history of the palacio and his family. We can thoroughly recommend a visit.Written January 13, 2023
- Someone we met in Cadiz highly recommended this sherry bodega out of the several bodegas in Jerez De la Frontera, so we took the tour. It's a beautiful bodega with arches and a cathedral-like appearance. Even though we're not huge sherry fans, we thought their sherry was excellent. Great tour and experience!Written December 4, 2022
- An impressive large cathedral with vaulted ceilings, stained windows and interesting side chapels - dont like lighting "electric" candlesWritten October 9, 2022
- Our small family group of three adults enjoyed this experience as part of a day trip from Seville to Cadiz (30th August 2022). The tour of the Diez Merito cellars was fascinating, very informative and wonderfully presented by our guide Maria in English and Spanish. Learning about the production and blending processes while strolling between rows of carefully managed old barrels was a joy.
Maria's friendly advice during the tasting of the wide range of sherry and brandy products was an excellent finale to this winery tour!Written September 8, 2022
- Great city market in Jerez. Lovely area around it too with lots of restaurants. Fresh produce abounding and lots of people buying. A well used place at the heart of the cityWritten April 10, 2022
- Jerez Spain means one thing, Sherry . Jerez is the center for Spanish sherry. Sandeman is one of the many name brands in the area.
The tour was interesting and fun. Multi languages , so make sure you get the right one . Tour is short , many 1/2 hour.Written November 7, 2019
- When visiting the cathedral of Jerez, the price of the ticket includes the church os San Miguel in the old gypsydominated area of Jerez.
A fantastic church in its own right, with spectacular artwork, an altar with wooden onaments depicting important elements of the bible and a fantastic organ.Written December 3, 2019
- Spent a very pleasant few hours with our young daughters exploring. I’d recommend to those in the area, looking for a short family experience.
We visited in August, so it was a hot day but there is a lot of shade available and water mist is sprayed.
This isn’t a mega zoo, so set expectations. However, there was plenty of variety to keep us interested. A few of the animals could probably use more space, but most looked happy and healthy in my inexpert opinion.
Information is typically presented in Spanish only. However, QR codes are provided, which you can use to view online information and then use a translator if needed.
Water fountains are switched off at the moment due to Covid, and the restaurant is closed. Bottled water and basic snacks are available from a vending machine. Best to bring a picnic, which is encouraged with shaded benches available.
A small play area provides a nice diversion but without shading. There is also a gift shop, in case you are short on stuffed toys at home.Written August 27, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Jerez De La Frontera
- The best outdoor activities in Jerez De La Frontera according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Jerez De La Frontera on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Jerez De La Frontera according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Jerez and Cadiz with Tio Pepe Winery and Horse Show from Seville
- Cadiz and Jerez Day Trip from Seville
- Cadiz and Jerez Sherry Tasting Day Trip
- Jerez and Cadiz Day Trip from Seville
- Jerez and Cadiz Day Trip from Seville
- The most popular things to do in Jerez De La Frontera with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Feria del Caballo
- Iglesia de San Miguel
- Fundacion Real Escuela Andaluza del Arte Ecuestre
- Alcazar Jerez de la Frontera
- Mercado Central de Abastos
Jerez De La Frontera Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 11:28 AM|