- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
14 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Wonderful zoo and Wildlife Park. Such a lovely atmosphere as soon as you arrive. Lots to do for children. Interesting talks at various times around the zoo all clearly advertised around about so you can plan your day. Amazing dinosaur section with moving roaring dinosaurs amongst the trees all accessible via wide well covered pathways. We had a wheelchair in our party and access was no problem.
A fully packed day with nice lunch from one of the eateries. Packed lunches can be taken too as there are many places to sit and eat. So much to see from native wildlife to exotics. My friend fed one of the tigers which was an incredible experience, all from her wheelchair with excellent instruction from Cassie who was just incredible explaining the process and keeping everyone calm and safe. All the staff appear happy welcoming and relaxed whilst showing a high level of professionalism.
All the wonderful animals are relaxed and happy with lots of enrichment. You can feel the love that goes into their care. There is far more than a day's worth of fun, wonder and education at this zoo. Places where you can learn about the many conservation projects and get involved with sponsoring to help the many species that are in dire need of help preserving natural habitats and preserving many species in danger of destruction.
If you simply wish to visit and have a lovely day out thats ok too you will feel so welcome by all. I highly recommend a visit for all ages. The oldest in our party was 101!Written September 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent and enjoyable day on the river with all our family aged from 3 to 66 years.
Easy to book; friendly & knowledgeable staff. Would highly recommend.Written August 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a perfect walk sculpture park. Perfect for anyone who likes nature and like to take long walks. Perfect for family and friendsWritten February 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Food was nice service was good. It was buy one meal and get second free so very good value. Nice friendly pub/restaurant would go againWritten March 1, 2020
- I always use Flex Taxis for my holiday trips to and from the airport. Save driving with covid-19 compliance. Drivers are friendly and helpful.Written December 2, 2021
- We had a christening reception here and couldn’t fault it at all. Fabulous friendly staff 3who were all family, we had the bbq and Joe helped steer us in the right direction with what he recommends and how many to cater for etc, the food was amazing! The venue itself is immaculate and extremely clean, lovely indoor and outdoor area.Really would thoroughly recommend and wouldn’t hesitate to use again for an occasion.Written September 19, 2022
- Absolutely great place to visit and would recommend to anyone. Staffs are amazing and there for u for any help you might need.Written September 27, 2022
- My driver was a Close protection Operative, very informed about all manner of subjects. Driven safely, felt safe and would recommend this chauffeur experience to all and any. I beleive in paying a little bit more.......just like John RuskinWritten December 3, 2018
- A great way to relax and to see nature we hired a couple of 2 man canoes and paddled up to the lock some friendly house owner on the bank spoke to us and also canal barge owners The staff were very helpful We had an issue with parking which is free if you use the premises and Grant went beyond what I expected to resolve the matter Would recommend the activities and also there’s a great pub nearbyWritten August 24, 2022
- We decided to use Zap as it was quite local to us. The communication running up to this event was poor, sent many emails, called etc.., could not get clarity on a few things. Once we were there, it was fine, the staff were friendly, happy to help and the food was also fine on-site. We would go back again next year but we hope by then, they have sorted out the customer services.Written June 10, 2019
- Dear all, a lesson that we learnt well, delivered by a team of poorly educated arrogant tour operators whos' behaviour was at best that of a pair of conmen.
The story, my wife booked a romantic Cinderella horse drawn carriage ride with a Company called Horse Drawn Carriage Hire which is based in Broxbourne Hertfordshire, to view the Christmas lights in London on my birthday.
She had planned this secretly without my knowledge and had paid a hefty deposit via bank transfer ( Big Mistake ).
On the day in question my wife had also planned an evening meal after the tour. Now here is were we encounter the problem, the carriage ride was booked for 5pm; at 4pm one of the Neanderthals calls my wife to inform her that he would be 2 hours late. This put the rest of the day at risk so my wife asked to cancel, the response was we will be there by 5:30,
Still late but not 2 hrs, at 5:15 she received another call asking her to meet up in a different location, by this time my wife was getting quite upset. We went to the new location and the carriage was not there, once again we called and by this time my wife told me of her plans and asked me to speak to them directly, new location and now 45 mins late.
It gets better, they literally did not care that they were late, no explanation was offered and no apology, though they did say in Neanderthal tones we travelled from Hertfordshire , as if its another planet. After a heated discussion they demanded the balance of the payment before they would allow us to board the carriage, there manner was aggressive which drew a crowd. Needless to say we opted not to board the carriage as the two characters did not appear trustworthy and we did not feel safe due to their aggressive behaviour. Unfortunately for us we literally paid for a service that we did not recieve or could claim back, this was due to my poor wife being conned into paying by bank transfer, therefore legally we are not protected!! So if any person is willing to use this company in future rest assured that they will turn up late, offer no apology, demand you pay by bank transfer and leave you wishing you had taken my advice, it could be your wedding day!!! Keep well away fromt his company and never ever pay by bank transfer especially when the company does not post terms and conditions on their web site.Written December 22, 2015
- I've been looking to come here for years, but the TripAdvisor reviews really put me off. I decided to come here using the Groupon voucher.
The building itself is beautiful but in need of modernising. This country house is hidden away and has a lot of potential.
I had 2 treatments lasting an hour in total which were both lovely. The massage bed was heated which made the experience lovely. The waiting area had an area where other clients have their pedicure/feet massage done which is not ideal.
The sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi were lovely. Unfortunately the swimming pool was packed with children. It would be nice to have children pool time information beforehand so I could plan my day accordingly.
Overall a lovely day. The gym was nice as well.Written February 28, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Broxbourne
- The most popular things to do in Broxbourne with kids according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all kid friendly things to do in Broxbourne on Tripadvisor
Broxbourne Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||2,870|
|Number of Photos||2,642|
|Local Time||Friday 4:12 AM|